This organization is in a much better spot than a week ago

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Certainly the roster is better. However, I was hopeful of the league’s best defense.
we should still have one of the best. Numbers may be skewed a bit due to playing the lambs twice....I expect top ten but am quietly hoping we reach top five

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
With the exception of the #1 pick.....I think there has been more grumbling about the UDFA signings than the draft picks.lol

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
With the exception of the #1 pick.....I think there has been more grumbling about the UDFA signings than the draft picks.lol
Like I stated before... regarding all of the UDFAs...KK is going to get a lot of practice, cutting players.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
So many QB whisperers just coming out of the woodwork.... who knew?

Agree Shane. You can't lower JR's ceiling beneath that of Matt Ryan or Eli Manning until you see him perform in a functioning, NFL offense. The data from his 2018 season is not meaningless, but the situation was too skewed and weird to write him down to Cutler.

Just me personally, I would not put JR's ceiling above either of those two guys based on all info that is available for JR though. Again, just my opinion.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
Agree Shane. You can't lower JR's ceiling beneath that of Matt Ryan or Eli Manning until you see him perform in a functioning, NFL offense. The data from his 2018 season is not meaningless, but the situation was too skewed and weird to write him down to Cutler.

Just me personally, I would not put JR's ceiling above either of those two guys based on all info that is available for JR though. Again, just my opinion.
In regards to Ryan he has been and is still rather good sure does manage to carve up the Cards like a Christmas Turkey most times

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Harry, is there one non-Murray pick you would’ve changed with what was left available at that pick?

If you are projecting him to a DT then no. If you’re talking DE I think Polite will have a better career though possibly at LB.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I'm sure the roster is in a better position than it was a week ago — it added a bunch of draft picks. The organization is exactly the same as it was a week ago — it's made a huge bet on the "future of football" being significantly different in the next 5 years than it's been in the previous 20.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Certainly the roster is better. However, I was hopeful of the league’s best defense.

I feel like our starters are actually quite good.

In fact I will go so far as to say, I think our starters on D are overall the most talented I can ever remember. Our depth is not good at all however.

Who is the weak link? Gunter? Alford? Reddick? I feel like those are the 3 weakest starters and I still feel like they are average players.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm sure the roster is in a better position than it was a week ago — it added a bunch of draft picks. The organization is exactly the same as it was a week ago — it's made a huge bet on the "future of football" being significantly different in the next 5 years than it's been in the previous 20.
For that... I applaud them and say Hooray!

OP
OP
K

KYCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
The organization failed miserably last year, with the Head Coach Hire and QB Pick, 3-13 is well 3-13, and it was bad, but to their credit, they didnt give Wilks or Rosen another year, better to cut clean, and start over.

Not every team would admit their mistakes, they did, and I expect a bright future soon. The have inifintely more playmakers on O, and a damn good play caller, and I expect Joseph to coach the D to max efficiency.

As bad as it got in 2-3 years, it can get just as good in 2-3 years, if not sooner.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Management did what they had to do.

Draft Murray, get him some playmakers, and other picks were solid.

Lots of teeth-gnashing, grumbling from fan base, but I saw enough of Josh Rosen last year to know his ceiling is Jay Cutler 2.0

I think they have hope now, they had none a week ago.

You won’t know this until games are played. This could all be window dressing. Right now, I see a dysfunctional front office coming off of an abysmal season that made wholesale changes. Only differences are the 5’10” shiny object behind center and the sub.500 college coach on the sidelines

If Murray isn’t better than average and Quinnen Williams, Bosa and Rosen thrive, we’re worse than we were last week and arguably last season