Timberwolves @ Suns 2-25-14

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The T-Woves play at the Suns tonight with a 7PM Arizona start time. Here are the starting lineup per Paul Coro in an article at azcentral dated 2-25-14. Barbosa will likely be out with a continued toe injury.

Timberwolves (27-29) at Suns (33-21) … 7 p.m. Phoenix tip time

C: Nikola Pekovic … Miles Plumlee

PF: Kevin Love … Channing Frye

SF: Corey Brewer … P.J. Tucker

SG: Chase Budinger … Gerald Green

PG: Ricky Rubio … Goran Dragic

Key Timberwolves injuries: Kevin Martin (thumb) is out; Nikola Pekovic (ankle) is questionable; Kevin Love (elbow) is probable.

Key Timberwolves reserves: Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, Shabazz Muhammad, Robbie Hummel, J.J. Barea, Gogui Dieng, Dante Cunningham.

http://www.azcentral.com/insiders/p...range-slices-for-suns-wolves-a-labor-of-love/

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plumlee does not seem to be very good going after loose balls and I question his hands. Still, the Suns do not have better at center.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plumlee does not seem to be very good going after loose balls and I question his hands. Still, the Suns do not have better at center.

Without Pekovic, If he is not going to assert himself and dominate then he needs to sit

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Without Pekovic, If he is not going to assert himself and dominate then he needs to sit

The problem is, who is going to play center.

I like how Goodwin has 6 points in the 1st quarter.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Neither here nor there but Frye only shot 2-11 against the Rockets, a big contributor in that loss.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Goodwin's play is telling Barbosa not to be in a hurry to rehab that injured toe. :)

ProdigalSun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Goodwin's play is telling Barbosa not to be in a hurry to rehab that injured toe. :)

He looks confident out there which is great. He did have one open three that he passed up ...but otherwise was great on the break and was disruptive defensively

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Channing, it would be nice if you made a contribution.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What Tucker and Smith contribute, often does not show up on a stat sheet.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I beginning to hear the faint sound of lotto balls.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
back to back 4th quarter meltdowns...not good.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns started on a crappy note. They are not good enough to take a night off.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Pathetic. And Hornacek needs to stop falling in love with small ball. Plumlee could have been used to crash the boards.

This is just a complete embarrassing loss. If the Suns miss playoffs, I hope Hornacek reminds the players of this game and the game against Detroit, Sacramento, Chicago etc.

If the Suns keep up this type of effort, I don't think the Suns deserve playoffs over a team like the Grizzlies who have fought incredibly hard and play with great effort night in and night out. They fought their way all the way back in.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I beginning to hear the faint sound of lotto balls.

I think the Suns would be seen as the laughing stock of the NBA if they go from #6 to #9 or #10.

Lakers and 76ers will be sitting there and laughing saying "Why didn't you just tank from the beginning of the season so you can end up in the top 5 like you were supposed to?".

You don't make playoffs and you get the worst lottery selection. That's the worse of the worst imo.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pathetic. And Hornacek needs to stop falling in love with small ball. Plumlee could have been used to crash the boards.

This is just a complete embarrassing loss. If the Suns miss playoffs, I hope Hornacek reminds the players of this game and the game against Detroit, Sacramento, Chicago etc.

If the Suns keep up this type of effort, I don't think the Suns deserve playoffs over a team like the Grizzlies who have fought incredibly hard and play with great effort night in and night out. They fought their way all the way back in.

the Suns...who were picked to be the worst team in the league...don't deserve to be in the playoffs but the Grizzlies...who were in the freaking Western Conference Finals last year do...and have a worst record then us right now do? come on...and they play hard every night? the ONLY reason this team is even sniffing the playoffs is because they play hard every night.

and before you throw out the injury excuse for the Grizzlies, remind yourself that we've been missing our best player for 20 games.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
the Suns...who were picked to be the worst team in the league...don't deserve to be in the playoffs but the Grizzlies...who were in the freaking Western Conference Finals last year do...and have a worst record then us right now do? come on...and they play hard every night? the ONLY reason this team is even sniffing the playoffs is because they play hard every night.

and before you throw out the injury excuse for the Grizzlies, remind yourself that we've been missing our best player for 20 games.

You think we played against Washington, Chicago, Sacramento, Detroit, and last week against Boston and Denver with the same effort as we did against LAC, Indiana, SAS, and even Houston on Sunday?

If so, then I will agree with you.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You think we played against Washington, Chicago, Sacramento, Detroit, and last week against Boston and Denver with the same effort as we did against LAC, Indiana, SAS, and even Houston on Sunday?

If so, then I will agree with you.

I don't really care if you agree with me.

for this team to have won 33 games and to be 10 games over .500 means they probably play harder then anyone in the league over the course of the season. why? because they simply aren't that talented...period. some nights they explode, some nights they don't.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think for this team to have won 33 games and to be 10 games over .500 means they probably play harder then anyone in the league over the course of the season. they simply aren't that talented...period. some nights they explode, some nights they don't.

I just don't think Minnesota without Pekovic and Martim are more talented than us. Love? Sure. But the rest of that T-Wolves team that played today is filled with players that I don't even recognize.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't really care if you agree with me.

for this team to have won 33 games and to be 10 games over .500 means they probably play harder then anyone in the league over the course of the season. why? because they simply aren't that talented...period. some nights they explode, some nights they don't.

Just right.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake