Time Bandits (remake TV series)(AppleTV+)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
10-episode series. Releases July 24, 2024.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
This is another one that I ask myself "WHY???" I really hope they do justice to the original. Gilliam is one of my ATF directors. My main hope on this is that it's ATV+ plus and they've seemed to do better with adaptions lately than the other streamers.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm. I kind of feel like a modern refresh could be good for this property. It will obviously need to be written well and executed, but what good show doesn't? I'm not sure how many people even remember this cult classic, but I'm willing to give it a chance.

And like DMC says, Apple seems to have a pretty good crew for stuff like this.

Fingers crossed.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Hmm. I kind of feel like a modern refresh could be good for this property. It will obviously need to be written well and executed, but what good show doesn't? I'm not sure how many people even remember this cult classic, but I'm willing to give it a chance.

And like DMC says, Apple seems to have a pretty good crew for stuff like this.

Fingers crossed.
I just hope it doesn't get willowed.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Anyone try it yet? I finished Cobra Kai last night so I might give it a go tonight. I'm going into this one a bit nervous after the trailer. I really hope that they can capture some of Gilliam's style with it.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been so damn busy with work this week have not watched it yet but I am interested. Only watched one episode of Cobra Kai as well.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I watched the first episode. I'll give it a couple more episodes but I'm really mixed on it after the first episode. It's mainly Kudrow that's not working for me although I'm not crazy over how they're portraying any of the time bandits. It's a bit too slapstick for me and she was playing it way over the top. I'm hoping that's just a e1 introducing the character thing and it'll settle down since I like what they're doing in a couple other parts of it.