TJ Named Starter in Chicago

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
buff17 said:
The point is that most games Jones played in as a Card he only got about 5 to 10 carries. If the Cards would have just stuck to the run, gave him about 15-25 touches a game. I bet he would have produced, in college he was the workhorse back. He would get 3,6,5,3,3,1,6, then bust one for 20 plus yards or more. He could have easily did that here, but the offense wasnt designed around him. He and workhorse back with great speed. Kinda like Robert Smith, and a little like Barry Sanders use to be, you could only stop them so many times before he busted one on ya.

Another thing is, its crazy when you see an elite back get 20 carries in a game, and only produce about 70 yards, and his team still win. Maybe TJ would have had those types of games the first few years as a Card, but Im telling ya. Maybe sometimes he could have broke one or two. Could have turned his 20 carries for 70 yards type games into 100 yard games, 150 yard games. He does that every 4 games or so and your looking at a 1200 yard back....

My BOLD prediction..... for Jones this season.. if healthy of course

1500 yards rushing over 2000 total yards for the season, and about 15 TD's.

Call me crazy, but I think hes gonna be the next Priest Holmes.

Your Crazy.

Jones has no where NEAR the power Holmes has.

As I stated in the post above. This is not college. So if he is picking up 1-6 yards a clip in college. IN the NFL he is picking up -2 to 4 yards a carry. That is no good.

If the pretty boy has a good year in Chicago then good for him. I still wouldn't want him on our team. He had his oppourtunity and he blew it.

Peace
:thumbup:

TigToad

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Tj

Wrong. My wife is a huge Bears fan, so on Sunday morning we watch the Cardinals game and the Bears game. (Go Direct TV).

Thomas Jones will not run for 1200 yards as a Bear. Anthony Thomas will be the starter again before the end of the year. Write it down. In Ink.

D-Dogg said:
TJ will rush for 1200 yards this year.

Write it down. In ink.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bears OL isn't really weak. They have been decimated by injury...and I mean just blown apart by injury. They ran the ball very well last year as a team averaging well over 100 yards per game...I think the final was about 110 per game. Not bad considering the patchwork job done up there.

They have improved the line and are still negotiating with a couple OL to come in as well so OL could be a strength once again in CHI.

When Jones left here, I believed that he would end up with a nice career. in TB, he was running the ball much different than he was here and more effectively. Doesn't matter what the explanation is, he was doing it. IF he gets the starting nod in CHI, I think he has a chance to get 1000+. But there are a couple hurdles:

1. Can he stay healthy? Always a big question with Jones
2. Can the line stay healthy?
3. Will the new OL coach be as effective as Wylie was? This is where it gets interesting because the Bears new OL coach is the Cards old OL coach so we will see firsthand if it was the OL effort or the coaching that led to a very mediocre OL.

Thomas, for whatever reason is done in CHI. Not saying I agree with it but clearly Jerry Angelo is pushing him out with the Jones signing. So assuming Jones beats out Thomas, look for Thomas to be a camp casualty.

buff17

Rookie
Reaction score
Looks as though A-train is trade bait now. Jones the full-time starter. Looks great thus far in the preseason.