Today’ Rumor: Pick 3

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure attack the poster instead of the post by the original post with the poster. Find me proof that I said anything whatsoever at any time that had anything to do with anything except the attack of the poster post. Nice straw man. I’m putting myself on ignore. Poster post. Poster McPosty face.
Amazing.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Sure attack the poster instead of the post by the original post with the poster. Find me proof that I said anything whatsoever at any time that had anything to do with anything except the attack of the poster post. Nice straw man. I’m putting myself on ignore. Poster post. Poster McPosty face.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Like I said last week regarding Carter...send him to a shrink a few times--rinse/repeat get the okay from them and go for it. If "sane" he will be a better pro than Anderson.
I missed the season where Carter was so much better than Anderson and racked up so many more stats than he did--or, in fact, any real stats of significance. I mean, I guess because Carter had no talent around him, we can forgive his shocking lack of stats.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Colts will get the QB at 4 because the Cards ain't taking one at 3. It benefits them NOTHING to give up more picks to move up one spot and get the guy they want just standing pat. At least, that's how I see it.
You are sort of right as it guarantees them their choice of QB's available at that time keeping other teams from getting the pick from the Cards. No reason for Monti to rush into anything until post time!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I missed the season where Carter was so much better than Anderson and racked up so many more stats than he did--or, in fact, any real stats of significance. I mean, I guess because Carter had no talent around him, we can forgive his shocking lack of stats.
It isn't random people that think that Carter will succeed in the NFL. Nearly every scout/pundit thinks so, if he can get is head on straight. He is a once in a decade talent at his position.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It isn't random people that think that Carter will succeed in the NFL. Nearly every scout/pundit thinks so, if he can get is head on straight. He is a once in a decade talent at his position.

He is still (after everything) mocked almost constantly in the top 10. Zeirleins latest mock has him at #5 to the Seahawks.

It suggests that these guys, who are connected, are not hearing from teams that he's out of favor.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He is still (after everything) mocked almost constantly in the top 10. Zeirleins latest mock has him at #5 to the Seahawks.

It suggests that these guys, who are connected, are not hearing from teams that he's out of favor.

You should have a "Why they were banned" sticky. I often see people with the banned banner and wonder what it was for.

Let's say it's for us all to learn from others mistakes. But it's really because I'm nosey.

Stout

Reaction score
That's nice. They're often wrong, though. None of them, nor anyone on here, has also adequately answered why, if he's a generational talent, he couldn't put up even modest stats. While being surrounded by arguably the most talent in the nation.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
That's nice. They're often wrong, though. None of them, nor anyone on here, has also adequately answered why, if he's a generational talent, he couldn't put up even modest stats. While being surrounded by arguably the most talent in the nation.

I believe it's because they had such a strong rotation and he never played more than 396 snaps in a season and only 308 last year.

Someone like Kancey for example played 577 as a Sophomore and 454 last year.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is there if you want to see it. If you are convinced about a guy, one way or another, what you see or don't see will be confirmation bias.

You don't just stumble into being a top 3-5 prospect at interior defensive lineman. There have been two drafted in the top 5 in 12 years. Only two.

Stout

Reaction score
It is there if you want to see it. If you are convinced about a guy, one way or another, what you see or don't see will be confirmation bias.

You don't just stumble into being a top 3-5 prospect at interior defensive lineman. There have been two drafted in the top 5 in 12 years. Only two.
All I ever reacted to was what was presented. He looks okay in some videos, but nowhere near an Aaron Donald or Warren Sapp. He doesn't put up stats. Back when it was a tossup who posters wanted, him or Anderson, I started asking the question as to why they should be considered. With Anderson, there was copious statistical evidence. With Carter it was "well, he looks this, or folks say he's that" without anything solid to go off. It's not that I was convinced against him; I just was never convinced by him.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
IMO If you're letting the number of roster holes you have directly dictate who you're drafting, you're a garbage franchise. We've been a garbage franchise; now we're trying to not be a garbage franchise.
Absolute Facts Stout. That's stating the obvious. We will ALWAYS have too many holes to fill. Why? Becuase the players being drafted to fill those holes suck. I want quality over quantity any day. The back half of the roster you can take this approach to We will obviously be trash this year because our starters will be worse than everyone else's. It's not quantum physics.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
All I ever reacted to was what was presented. He looks okay in some videos, but nowhere near an Aaron Donald or Warren Sapp. He doesn't put up stats. Back when it was a tossup who posters wanted, him or Anderson, I started asking the question as to why they should be considered. With Anderson, there was copious statistical evidence. With Carter it was "well, he looks this, or folks say he's that" without anything solid to go off. It's not that I was convinced against him; I just was never convinced by him.
Eh I can watch Carter's tape and see a monster in the middle. Stats don't always tell the story...but heres the thing, the Cardinals are at a point as a team that they need guys who put up stats.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
the second best edge or the top cb, wr, rb, or dt

Looks like a win regardless
Uh, no, it would be a total failure. For a draft with 4 touted QB's and ONE sure thing player outside of that, to neither get Anderson nor a ransom in terms of a trade down would definitely not be a win by any standard.

Best case scenario, we trade down to 4 and get a second or future first ALONG with Anderson.

Second best case scenario - we simply take Anderson at 3

Third best - trade down from 3 for an absolute haul.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Obviously not, but they’re also not filled with blue-chip players, either. I bet the good teams you’re thinking of have 5-8 blue-chip players, and most of them are at premium positions.

Using a high pick maximizes your potential to find a blue-chip player. Bad teams have a bunch of high picks on their roster usually because they miss on those picks.
Here is the players on the 23 pro bowl and the pick they were drafted at, minus special teamers and fullbacks
Buddha Baker
36​
Chris Lindstrom
14​
Mark Andrews
86​
Marlon Humphrey
16​
Roquan Smith
8​
Dion Dawkins
63​
Stephon Diggs
146​
Dawson Knox
96​
Matt Millano
163​
Mitch Morse
49​
Jorday Poyer
218​
Roger Saffold
33​
Brian Burns
16​
Ja'marr Chase
5​
Trey Hendrickson
103​
Joel Bitonio
35​
Nick Chubb
35​
Myles Garrett
1​
Wyatt Teller
166​
Tyler Biadsz
146​
Trevon Diggs
56​
CeeDee Lamb
17​
Demarcus Lawrence
34​
Zach Martin
16​
Micah Parsons
12​
Pat Surtain
9​
Jared Goff
1​
Frank Ragnow
20​
Penei Sewell
7​
Amon Ra St Brown
112​
Jaire Alexander
18​
Elgton Jenkins
44​
Laremy Tunsil
13​
Jamal Agnew
165​
Trevor Lawrence
1​
Davante Adams
53​
Derek Carr
36​
Max Crosby
106​
Josh Jacobs
24​
Derwin James
17​
Jalen Ramsey
5​
Terron Armstead
75​
Bradley Chubb
5​
Tyreek Hill
165​
Xavien howard
38​
Dalvin Cook
41​
Kirk Cousins
102​
TJ Hockenson
8​
Daniel Hunter
88​
Justin Jefferson
22​
Za'Darious Smith
122​
Mathew Judon
146​
Demario Davis
77​
Cameron Jordan
24​
Saquan Barkley
2​
Dexter Lawrence
17​
Sauce Gardner
4​
Justin Hardee
107​
CJ Moseley
17​
Quinnen Williams
3​
Minkah Fitzpatrick
11​
Cameron Hayward
31​
Talanoa Hufanga
180​
George Kittle
146​
Christian McCaffery
8​
Fred Warner
70​
Trent Williams
4​
Qundre Diggs
200​
Tariq Woolen
153​
Geno Smith
39​
Tristan Wirfs
13​
Derrick Henry
45​
Ben Jones
99​
Jeffery Simmons
19​
Jonathan Allen
17​
Terry McLaurin
76​
Daron Payne
13​
Total players - 77
Average Pick - 57
Top 3 picks - Goff, Lawrence, Saquan, Garrett, Quinnen Williams
Number of Pro Bowlers in top 5 - 9.
Number of Non QB top 5 pro bowlers - 7
Number of Top 10 picks - 15
Number of 10-20 picks - 15
Number of 1st rounders - 34
Number of 2nd rounders - 15
Number of 3rd rounders - 7
Number of 4th rounders - 6
Number of 5th rounders - 10
Number of 6th and 7th - 5

I wanted to look at this as education for myself as much as anyone - but it clearly shows a top 10 pick is far from required to get an impact player. It actually suggests the Picks 10 - 20 are just about equivalent to top 10 picks.
It certainly looks like trading down for additional 1st and 2nd round picks is worth it. However it gets questionable after that.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky