Toler Torn ACL

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Bring in Hayden... he fits our system, but he is in HIGH demand right now with at least 4-5 teams apparently trying to sign him....

PLEASE sign him... pleaaaaasssee

Black T

Reaction score
You want to see a team that cant stop the passing game? Its not fun. Ask Texans fans.

Hope everyone appreciates the magnitude of this. Honestly feel we mightve just lost the edge on the NFCW. Theres a reasonable chance the Rams just overtook us. Jefferson is terrible, dont get all "Hes playing really good!" no hes not, hes garbage. PP isnt ready, hes gonna get so burned and I hope that doesnt effect his long term ability. What if he goes out, gets embarassed and loses his confidence?

We need to break the bank and sign the biggest CB we can find. use every last penny on him. No rb's. We will just have to use Wells, Alfonso and LSH this year.

Im worried BIG time, this could be a season breaker if they dont fix this

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
You want to see a team that cant stop the passing game? Its not fun. Ask Texans fans.

Hope everyone appreciates the magnitude of this. Honestly feel we mightve just lost the edge on the NFCW. Theres a reasonable chance the Rams just overtook us. Jefferson is terrible, dont get all "Hes playing really good!" no hes not, hes garbage. PP isnt ready, hes gonna get so burned and I hope that doesnt effect his long term ability. What if he goes out, gets embarassed and loses his confidence?

We need to break the bank and sign the biggest CB we can find. use every last penny on him. No rb's. We will just have to use Wells, Alfonso and LSH this year.

Im worried BIG time, this could be a season breaker if they dont fix this

It hurts to agree but despite all the Kool-Aid being spilled the Cards could be so far in the hole by the time the new guys get up to speed and Adams and Wilson get back to 100% they'll never get out of it. We could be looking at a season like 2006 without Denny's antics. ( 1-8, 4-3)

Trying to play Defense in a passing league with inexperienced DBs and 34 year old pass rushers is going to be really, really tough.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah... going from a potentially SICK secondary of DRC, Toler, PP and Rhodes/Wilson as safeties to a potentially SUCK secondary with a 2nd year Undrafted FA Jefferson who's barely seen the field, PP, Marshall (who had the worst burn rate in football last year, Rhodes/Johnson (who's just looked awful any time he's gotten in the game) is just freaking brutal.

the thing that bothers me the most is this was a HEAVY CB deep FA class and while we already had youth staring us in the face before Toler even went down, we settled for Marshall instead of going after a proven CB who we wouldn't have to be terrified could be the same guy who had the worst burn rate of any corner in the league last year.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
yeah... going from a potentially SICK secondary of DRC, Toler, PP and Rhodes/Wilson as safeties to a potentially SUCK secondary with a 2nd year Undrafted FA Jefferson who's barely seen the field, PP, Marshall (who had the worst burn rate in football last year, Rhodes/Johnson (who's just looked awful any time he's gotten in the game) is just freaking brutal.

the thing that bothers me the most is this was a HEAVY CB deep FA class and while we already had youth staring us in the face before Toler even went down, we settled for Marshall instead of going after a proven CB who we wouldn't have to be terrified could be the same guy who had the worst burn rate of any corner in the league last year.
We would have been fine if we didn't drop DRC to get Kolb, we did that while Toler and AW were healthy. We needed Kolb, straight up, no one can predict injuries in the pre-season, but go ahead and dog the club out some more. I think the plan was in place a long time ago, and we were lucky to get PP while it all happened.

Last edited:

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
same guy who had the worst burn rate of any corner in the league last year.

you keep saying this. But unless Im mistaken wasn't that some stats put up by some message board junkie? Rather than backed up by anything legit?

Did you read the stats that k9 posted about DRC last year. He was brutal and worse than Marshall IIRC.

Not saying Marshall is a Better player. But come on bro. Even if we had DRC this secondary would still suck azz just like it did last year and Toler would still be hurt.

Can't account for injuries... It's football. &$@# happens.

At least we possibly have a QB. Still worth it.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
We would have been fine if we didn't drop DRC to get Kolb, we did that while Toler and AW were healthy. We needed Kolb, straight up, no one can predict injuries in the pre-season, but go ahead and dog the club out some more.

Only if we could have traded Beanie for Carson Palmer. Then we'd all have been excited about how Tim Hightower and Ryan Williams were perfect complements to each other and what Palmer was bringing to the offense and ...............:(

This dang franchise just can't catch a break other than once or twice every 60 years.

I know its because of the Cubs fans that are also Arizona Cardinal fans. :p

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Trying to play Defense in a passing league with inexperienced DBs and 34 year old pass rushers is going to be really, really tough.

Tell that to the human snail & Wiz...at some point doesn't he realize we can keep changing DCs every 2 years & unless we get at least 1 big time edge rusher, it will never change. :bang:

It's just like having a solid RB & a putrid Oline, then drafting another RB in the 1st rd & drafting one in the 2nd rd 2 years later & expecting better results in the run game...oh yeah thats the Arizona freaking Cardinals :)

Last edited:

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Only if we could have traded Beanie for Carson Palmer. Then we'd all have been excited about how Tim Hightower and Ryan Williams were perfect complements to each other and what Palmer was bringing to the offense and ...............:(

This dang franchise just can't catch a break other than once or twice every 60 years.

I know its because of the Cubs fans that are also Arizona Cardinal fans. :p
You are one fascinating postinero. Beanie for Palmer would have been...we will never know. But why you gotta go there, my Cubbies hat sits next to my Cards hat on my dresser as we speak. It already hurts. :p

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Tell that to the human snail & Wiz...at some point doesn't he realize we can keep changing DCs every 2 years & unless we get at least 1 big time edge rusher, it will never change. :bang:

It's just like having a solid RB & a putrid Oline, then drafting another RB in the 1st rd & drafting one in the 2nd rd 2 years later & expecting better results in the run game...oh yeah thats the Arizona freaking Cardinals :)

About the same mentality as struggling through the Chris Simms years then kicking butt with Vince and Colt and then going out and signing another Chris Simms.

OK I know this should be a PM but I'm too lazy.... :beer:

Garret Gilbert was only signed because so many Longhorn coaches and former players live in the Lake Travis School district.

This is the same horrendous mistake the Horns made when they forced McWilliams and Mackovic to take Westlake High School players over far better players from other schools.

For those of you who don't give a .... do the SunDevils and Wildcats do this?

:hijack:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
While Toler was a better corner than Marshall, AJ Jefferson, Patrick Peterson, Marshall, and Adams aren't a terrible group. Also, please look though Whis' comments, we will sign another corner after cuts come in, maybe one after this round of cuts, and a better option after the following round of cuts.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
It seems alot of people are just assuming AJ Jefferson is going to be OK. I liked him coming out of Fresno but he hasn't played one meaningful down yet. I'd be more worried about him than Marshall. He may turn out to be decent but he did go undrafted for a reason.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shane;2503420 Can't account for injuries... It's football. &$@# happens. [/QUOTE said:
Shane, this is without a doubt, one of the... and I'm not sure how to say this without being a jerk and don't mean to... but one of the dumbest things you've ever said. Having good DEPTH accounts for injuries. Again, this was a DEEP CB FA class and we went out and got a guy who by all accounts was pretty lowsy last season.

this has NOTHING to do with the Kolb trade. You know I like that deal. It's how we handled the CB position after that that I have a problem with.

the idea that an undrafted FA 2nd year CB is going to be okay... in a new system... on a team that can't generate a consistent pass rush is like believing that some undersized kid from BYU who's got a lot of moxie could be our starting QB... or that some undrafted FA WR who looked great in pre-season could be a legit down-field threat. I mean, seriously, when was the last time the Cardinals could depend on finding gold in the trash that is usually undrafted players?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While Toler was a better corner than Marshall, AJ Jefferson, Patrick Peterson, Marshall, and Adams aren't a terrible group.

if you weren't a fan of the Cardinals and you looked at another team who was starting a second year undrafted FA who didn't see a down last year, a rookie, a guy who even the worst team in football didn't want back and a shrimp who's got zero ball skills, i'm pretty sure you'd label that group to have the potential to be the worst CB unit in the league... and you'd be right.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This sucks. Cardinals lose Williams and Toler. ASU lost Bolden and Brandon Magee. I swear this place is cursed.

I hope the Cardinals offense can put up a lot of points because this defense is going to be horrible. Even when they bring the house on a blitz they give the opposing quarterback all day to throw the ball. Even if we had a strong secondary a decent quarterback could pick them apart with all the time they get against us.

Joe