Tony Jefferson

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Jefferson had ONE game. ONE preseason game against backups. Let's not go crazy yet but let's elevate him on the depth chart next game and see what he does.

ONE? He looked good last week as well and has looked good in practice and earlier this year in the OTA's. Don't try to make it sound like the guy never showed anything until Saturday afternoon.

I hate everything about OU football but I'm telling you right now that Rashad Johnson is 100 times better than Tony Jefferson. :stick: :p

Last edited:

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
ONE? He looked good last week as well and has looked good in practice and earlier this year in the OTA's. Don't try to make it sound like the guy never showed anything until Saturday afternoon.

I hate everything about OU football but I'm telling you right now that Rashad Johnson is 100 times better than Tony Jefferson. :stick: :p
Duck - Did you mean that Rashad is 100 times better than Jefferson or vice versa? (the wording - i.e. that you hate OU football BUT Rashad is 100 times better - suggests that you wanted to say that you liked Jefferson better despite hating OU).

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Duck - Did you mean that Rashad is 100 times better than Jefferson or vice versa? (the wording - i.e. that you hate OU football BUT Rashad is 100 times better - suggests that you wanted to say that you liked Jefferson better despite hating OU).

He is trying to perform a reverse jinx here. Don't make him answer it or it will be your fault if Jefferson has a career ending injury in the next game. ;)

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Other than Kerry Rhodes )sometimes & when healthy) I don't recall our having a true centerfielder with the ball skills that Jefferson seems to bring.

It has nothing to do with stats, crowded field of talent,,what the beat writers say etc. It's just what I see.
How quickly we forget Terence Holt :D.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I now realize that the older I get (76) the less I know about football. I would have thought that Tony Jefferson's preseason play would have made him a lock for the '53', but all signs now point to him POSSIBILY being a PS candidate. BA is talking three safeties, Johnson (FS), Bell (SS) and Mathieu (FS) and if they go four it would probably be Amaya (SS). If that's how it goes it tells me that if you want to make the team you can't screw up in the PS but you MUST be drafted. If it just depends on how he's played in games Tony Jefferson would be a lock.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I now realize that the older I get (76) the less I know about football. I would have thought that Tony Jefferson's preseason play would have made him a lock for the '53', but all signs now point to him POSSIBILY being a PS candidate. BA is talking three safeties, Johnson (FS), Bell (SS) and Mathieu (FS) and if they go four it would probably be Amaya (SS). If that's how it goes it tells me that if you want to make the team you can't screw up in the PS but you MUST be drafted. If it just depends on how he's played in games Tony Jefferson would be a lock.

Arians has speculated on keeping 3 safeties, but it's unclear whether he considers Tyrann as a hybrid safety/cb. He's also said he won't let good players go and will adjust the roster in consequence. I consider his Jefferson remarks as designed to motivate.