Top 10 QB's (merged threads)

bleedblk&gld

Rookie
Reaction score
Top 10 QB's

1. Tom Brady(Patriots) - Can you blame me for putting him over P. Manning. I mean come on, he’s already proven himself to be a leader and a winner. 3 rings in 4 years is pretty impressive and with a 70% chance he’ll do it again this year, I’ll keep him at #1 until otherwise. Pro Bowl

2. Petyon Manning(Colts) - One of the smartest QB’s to ever play the game. Oh yeah, and he has a good arm to. Peyton holds the record for most TD’s thrown in one season and most probably will continue to push at that mark. He’s the best all around QB in the game today, but he still doesn’t have a ring. Pro Bowl

3. Daunte Culpepper(Vikings) - If it wasn’t for P. Manning’s TD record last year, we would of all been ranting and raving about Daunte. Let’s not forget he threw 39 TD’s last year and that was with an 8-8 team. If those receivers can step up and play, expect Daunte to be pushing for that record as well. Pro Bowl

4. Donovan McNabb(Eagles) - The only reason why the Eagles offense did what they did last year is because of the play of D. McNabb. Coming off of his best season and finally getting to the big game sure has to boost his confidence for the 2005 season. If T.O. can quit being a baby and play the game, I don’t see why McNabb shouldn’t have another outstanding year.

5. Trent Green(Chiefs) - Trent has always put up big number, even with a mediocre receiving corps, excluding Gonzalez. Now if only, big mouth F. Mitchell, can play up to his potential then maybe he can put up more then just the numbers. With one of the most threatening RB’s and the most threatening TE, his numbers should continue to shine.

6. Brett Favre(Packers) - Brett Favre is old and he’s been having some unlucky family issues, but that’s still not slowing him down from being an elite QB. He’s by far the toughest QB to ever play the game, and without a doubt in the top 10 of all time greats. I expect Brett to go out with a bang, just not SB bang.

7. Michael Vick(Falcons) - The most exciting QB to ever play the game and by far the fastest. He may still be struggling to get his passing game down, but what does that matter when he has a cushion of 10 yards to run. I hope he does become a great passer in this game, if that’s the case then he’ll be in the top 3 no doubt.

8. Matt Hasselback(Seahawks) - Hasselback is an on and off guy and never really plays up to his potential in big games. When he’s on, he’s one of the most feared QB’s in today’s game. When he’s off, well let’s just hope that button doesn’t switch to off. With D. Jackson showing his skills, Hasselback should continue to progress.

9. Drew Brees(Chargers) - The 2004 Most Improved Player of the Year, and what show he put on. Not only did he prove his potential, he proved the potential of every player on the Chargers team. He definitely brought the most out of the Chargers in 2004 with his leadership, and if that continues to happen expect great things from this team.

10. Chad Pennington(Jets) - On paper Pennington is an outstanding QB. His leadership continues to show here and there, but has yet to capitalize his situation. He’s definitely in the top 3 when it comes to reading defenses and has one of the best arms today. He just needs to fill in those gaps that are holding him back from reaching the next level.

Runners up: J. Delhomme, B. Roethlisberger and B. Griese

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
You've got to put Bulger in there too. He does have impressive numbers even though he hasn't done anything in the playoffs. He's no worse than Hasselback.

OP
OP
B

bleedblk&gld

Rookie
Reaction score
JPlay said:
You've got to put Bulger in there too. He does have impressive numbers even though he hasn't done anything in the playoffs. He's no worse than Hasselback.

Bulger wouldn't be anything without Holt, Faulk and Bruce. Bulger will not do that well this year.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bleedblk&gld said:
Bulger wouldn't be anything without Holt, Faulk and Bruce. Bulger will not do that well this year.

whatever - we've seen 4 different QBs in St. Louis in the last 5 years and every one of them completely sucked ass EXCEPT for Bulger. Why didn't Faulk, Holt and Bruce make Chandler, Warner or the other scrub look as good? Maybe because Bulger is actually a decent QB? Nah - couldn't be.

The guy's won a division title and won a road playoff game - that ain't shabby for a 4th year QB.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I recently played a round of golf with a Brit who is a die-hard Rams fan. When I told him I was a Cardinal fan, he gushed about how much of a Kurt Warner fan he was & STILL IS. He was a VERY knowledgeable football fan & felt Bulger was WAY overrated. He definitely thought the Cardinals would win the division this year & didn't see his Rams winning more than 8 games.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Cardsmasochist said:
I'm surprised by Hasselbeck and Trent Green making the list.
Green had 4591 yards and 27 TDs last year!!!!

Anyway. I would divide the QBs into different categories. And I base that on current production - not glory day numbers:
Elite:
Brady (nuff said)
Manning (nuff said)
McNabb (nuff said)
Culpepper (nuff said)

Just behind:
Green (getting up there in age, but still had a career year last season)
Brees (Awesome last year. Curious to see if he wasn't a one year wonder)
Vick (not a great passer, but Vick is Vick)
Carr (Terrible OL protecting him, but he's developing ino a great one)
Pennington (Though, smart and a great leader. Some are better pure passers, but he's great as the overall package)

Good, but not that good:
Favre (Sorry, but I think his game started to slip last season)
Bulger (Is great for the Rams, but a doubt he'll be as good in another offense)
Hasselback (Very good at times, but inconsistent)
Delhomme (Developed into a great passer when the running game crumbled last season)
Roethlisberger (could be in this group, but grade is still somewhat incomplete)

Last edited:

Cardiholic

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Bach, I'm glad to see Carr on your list. I think he's gonna be pushing elite status over the next few years. I'm always impressed when I see that kid play.

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
bleedblk&gld said:

In that case why don't you plug Jeff Smoker in and let him run the offense. Bulger is a very good QB, he won the Pro bowl MVP the other year. He definitely has talent.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bleedblk&gld said:
A. Brooks may be the best Saints QB ever, but he still needs to prove himself.

Brooks is awesome.....sometimes. If he hasn't developed consistancy yet at this point in his career I don't think he's ever going to. If you guys make it to the playoffs you better hope the good Brooks shows up.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
whatever - we've seen 4 different QBs in St. Louis in the last 5 years and every one of them completely sucked ass EXCEPT for Bulger. Why didn't Faulk, Holt and Bruce make Chandler, Warner or the other scrub look as good? Maybe because Bulger is actually a decent QB? Nah - couldn't be.

The guy's won a division title and won a road playoff game - that ain't shabby for a 4th year QB.

You mean the MVP Warner? I can understand listing the other Rams QB's that sucked but Warner doesn't belong on that list.h

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
BACH said:
Green had 4591 yards and 27 TDs last year!!!!

Anyway. I would divide the QBs into different categories. And I base that on current production - not glory day numbers:
Elite:
Brady (nuff said)
Manning (nuff said)
McNabb (nuff said)
Culpepper (nuff said)

Just behind:
Green (getting up there in age, but still had a career year last season)
Brees (Awesome last year. Curious to see if he wasn't a one year wonder)
Vick (not a great passer, but Vick is Vick)
Carr (Terrible OL protecting him, but he's developing ino a great one)
Pennington (Though, smart and a great leader. Some are better pure passers, but he's great as the overall package)

Good, but not that good:
Favre (Sorry, but I think his game started to slip last season)
Bulger (Is great for the Rams, but a doubt he'll be as good in another offense)
Hasselback (Very good at times, but inconsistent)
Delhomme (Developed into a great passer when the running game crumbled last season)
Roethlisberger (could be in this group, but grade is still somewhat incomplete)

How about McNair? He was just voted coMVP two seasons ago!

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:

...err...I would take Warner's record with the Rams over Bulger's record with the Rams...

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Assface said:
You mean the MVP Warner? I can understand listing the other Rams QB's that sucked but Warner doesn't belong on that list.h

Sorry - but Warner his last two years there sucked. It's based off the same time period that Bulger has been there.

ryanshaug

Registered
Reaction score
Here's my top ten...just because I'm bored...

1. Tom Brady
2. Peyton Manning
3. Daunte Culpepper
4. Donovan McNabb
5. Mike Vick (can't argue that his team wins when he's in)
6. Brett Favre
7. Chad Pennington
8. Ben Roethlesiberger
9. Marc Bulger
10. Jake Delhomme

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Top 10 QB's in NFL today.

Seriously, I thought those top 10 threads were good.

Let's do the hardest.

1. Peyton Manning - nuff said.
2. Donovan McNabb - as his accuracy gets better he gets better. Since he can run, and throw the ball deep.
3. Brett Farve - Is a hybrid of John Elway and Dan Marino.
4. Tom Brady - Winning is all that matters in the NFL. And that is what he does.
5. Trent Green - Master of the game, and master of Dick Vermiel football.
6. Duante Culpepper - A McNabb type QB but has to prove he can do it with out Moss.
7. Chad Pennington - His leadership alone puts him up here. He wills his team to win.
8. Michael Vick - He is an amazing athlete.
9. Marc Bulger - Ugh. could put 5 others here as a tie
10. Jake Delhomme - " "
:thumbup:

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
I'm a little surprised to see Hasselbeck there. He is possibly top 10, but I'm not sure if I would have him that high. He doesn't do well on deep passes, is in a dink and dunk WCO and has been on and off again in his career.

Marc Bulger I have alot of time for. Very good QB and exceptionally quick release. Plus, he takes a beating and doesn't complain.

Trent Green is also very underated IMO. He has to be one of the few guys who throws for 4,000 yds and nearly 30 TDS and get no pub at all.

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Sorry. No way is Brett Favre that good today. Still a good QB? Sure. Top 3? No way. You're going off his past achievements, and he just isn't as good any more.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RugbyMuffin said:

Let's do the hardest.

2. Donovan McNabb - as his accuracy gets better he gets better. Since he can run, and throw the ball deep.
4. Tom Brady - Winning is all that matters in the NFL. And that is what he does.
6. Duante Culpepper - A McNabb type QB but has to prove he can do it with out Moss.
7. Chad Pennington - His leadership alone puts him up here. He wills his team to win.
10. Jake Delhomme - " "

sorry Rugby you're off from the start. Peyton and, well, anyone above Brady? That's a joke. Not only does guy put very good numbersw TD wise, but he is the consumate winner - something you can't say about Donovan or Peyton. That's like saying Marino was better than Montana - no way.

BigRedFan

Registered
Reaction score
My version:

1. Peyton Manning-hasnt won the big one, but he doesnt have New England Defense, numbers are staggering and still wins a lot of games too.

2. Tom Brady-all he does is win games

3. Daunte Culpepper- had a tremendous year overshadowed by Mannings

4. Donovan McNabb-Coming off career year

5. Trent Green- a bit overlooked, look at his stats the last 4 yrs, pretty impressive

6. Brett Favre- in case anyone forgot, all he did was throw for 4000/30 last yr

7. Marc Bulger

8. Jake Delhomme

9. Michael Vick- would be higher if he improves his downfield passing game

10. Chad Pennington

Kurt Warner doesnt quite break the top 10, but is set to rapidly move up the charts this season.

RugbyMuffin said:

Let's do the hardest.

10. Jake Delhomme - " "

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
1) Brady
2) Peyton
3) Culpepper
4) Vick
5) McNabb
6) Brees
7) Hasselbeck
8) Leftwich
9) Green
10) Rothlisberger

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't someone mention Jake Plummer so I can bash him ? :D

Seriously, off the last 2 years I think Jake's name deserves to be in the top 10-15. I think you can argue pretty well he's as good as Green or Hasselbeck or Bulger. He can do things they can't, they can do things he can't, all had the luxury of playing on teams with great running games.

I still think he's a mediocre QB but of his last 2 seasons he deserves some props.

That chill you feel is probably hell freezing over.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
What's with the Penington lovefest? The guy isn't that good, he struggles with his mid range passing and is very inconsistnet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan