Top Ten Picks

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Mitch-----to tell you the truth, I am just not ready yet to make this call. Right now, I am still torn between going for a pass rusher, or going for an O-Lineman.

I know the value of an elite pass rusher to a SB contender, and thus would be extremely hesitant to pass on one should he fall to us at #7. Yet, if Keim were to be nimble enough to work the swap back that you speak of, (and still take a gem like Warmac), I would be ecstatic. I just don't know about passing on an elite rusher. They seem like franchise QB's and elite LT's. They only come around so often, and to miss on one of them would hurt.

I guess that I will simply hold out hope that we can somehow either take a pass rusher yet in free agency, as the money for a lot of teams dries up, and the prices go down for their services. That IS an outside possibility, (though certainly not probable). I am thrilled that we still have some money left over for FA if the right deal comes along. That is a nice position to be in this time of year. Guess that I will hold out a little longer to see what happens, as the draft is still some time off. Nooch and I will eventually work up our boards.

ndhillst

Rookie
Reaction score
Mitch-----to tell you the truth, I am just not ready yet to make this call. Right now, I am still torn between going for a pass rusher, or going for an O-Lineman.

I know the value of an elite pass rusher to a SB contender, and thus would be extremely hesitant to pass on one should he fall to us at #7. Yet, if Keim were to be nimble enough to work the swap back that you speak of, (and still take a gem like Warmac), I would be ecstatic. I just don't know about passing on an elite rusher. They seem like franchise QB's and elite LT's. They only come around so often, and to miss on one of them would hurt.

I guess that I will simply hold out hope that we can somehow either take a pass rusher yet in free agency, as the money for a lot of teams dries up, and the prices go down for their services. That IS an outside possibility, (though certainly not probable). I am thrilled that we still have some money left over for FA if the right deal comes along. That is a nice position to be in this time of year. Guess that I will hold out a little longer to see what happens, as the draft is still some time off. Nooch and I will eventually work up our boards.

First time poster, long time lurker. I read on Urban's twitter that the Cards plan on working out Dion Jordan so OLB in the first round appears to be a possibility.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
First time poster, long time lurker. I read on Urban's twitter that the Cards plan on working out Dion Jordan so OLB in the first round appears to be a possibility.

Now this is interesting. But all reports up to now indicate that OL remains THE priority. Fisher, Joekel, Warmack @ 7. The only guy to knock one of them out would be the QB - Geno Smith.

Other than that big IF - they go D, then four guys jump out - Loutuelei on DL (if checked out - he supposedly participated in the Pro Day today), Jarvis Jones, Dion Jordan and Dee Milliner, all are viable @7.

Now IF they're really considering a trade down, as has been suggested a few times here, then maybe they're indeed looking at ALL the options of someone who could fall to them in the low teens. One of the above OR then maybe Jon Cooper and Lane Johnson can be thrown into that mix as well.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

They would be dumb not to at least do their research on any possible pick. They have no way of knowing exactly who will be available come pick 7.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
You can't take too much from visits. PP never came for a workout and was surprised when we took him. I think visits have a lot to do with health. You want the team doc to take a look. Dion Jordan is still recovering from a labrum tear IIRC.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Really do enjoy your Mock drafts Mitch, even if I don't agree fully with them.

I hope Barkley & Nassib do go early in the draft as long as it's not the Cards picking them.

Fully on board with trading down, at least once. It is difficult to predict what trades will actually transpire but it's a given that they will happen. I think your KC trade makes perfect sense.

BA's comments that the Oline is not as bad as many believe has me wondering if it's a smoke screen or actually how he feels. Maybe an Olineman isn't on the top of the needs list.

Lets' get our OLBer pass rusher deluxe. Pass on another 1st rd CB since a pass rush will more than make/keep our pass D stout.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They would be dumb not to at least do their research on any possible pick. They have no way of knowing exactly who will be available come pick 7.

An interesting draft ploy possibly.

The way it could work: The Cards at #7 are nervous that five teams above them will draft Joeckel, Fisher, Warmack, Cooper and Lane Johnson.

So they try to sell a later-drafting team into believing they're really interested in an OLB like Jordan so that the other team will try to move up ahead of the Cardinals. They bring in Jordan for a "look-see."

Team moves up and drafts Jordan - which means one less team ahead of the Cardinals likely to draft an O-lineman, thereby improving the odds that the Cards will get one of those top 5 OL's.

Last edited:

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I understand the logic of doing that, but it's no secret that we need OL and pass rush help. So we are going to be checking out a lot of both those player types.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
IMO, Hearst and Wells (for whatever reasons - injuries & otherwise) were disappointments. "Elsewhere" doesn't count. (If we drafted the dude, what did he do for us; not some other team)? Johnson, Pittman and Tuggy had good seasons, but none of them enjoyed the kind of 4-6+ year stretch with the team you'd hope to get from a successful RB. Ferrell had that one good year &, if I remember, ran into off the field "issues."

I buy what you say about the earlier RB's but that just reinforces my point that, at some point after OJ and Stump, our RB-streak abruptly ended, & we suddenly lost our mojo as RB-mavens. (It wasn't just 2nd round problems; we became bad at using high picks to draft and develop RB's regardless of the round we picked them - we've just become butt-ugly at this overall).

I get what you're saying but you could say the same thing about every position except WR. The Cards have been terrible for most of the 25 years they've been in Arizona.

To my point elsewhere does count. RBs taken in the 2nd round haven't been successful here, there, or anywhere.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Mitch sometimes like to throw some crazy scenarios out there but this is very reasonable and I'd be happy with the picks and trade. I'd like to see Jamie Collins in the draft somewhere but overall, I like it.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Mitch sometimes like to throw some crazy scenarios out there but this is very reasonable and I'd be happy with the picks and trade. I'd like to see Jamie Collins in the draft somewhere but overall, I like it.

I agree on Jamie Collins, and also really like Cornellius Carradine as well in rounds 2 or 3. Late, I like Walter Stewart and Quanterus Smith, probably 5th round or below.