TRADES

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This trade speculation stuff is fun. I hope there is no letdown.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Paul has more value than Ayton?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I know this would kill us with the Apron, but then flip Ayton for Pascal Siakem, and I think we are good! Assuming filler pieces in trades get us to 5-7 good players. Vet min and second round pics (buy some second round picks if available) plus bring back Landale, Bismack, Okogie, etc Off season done!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello!
I was wondering if we got in on this.

They are desperate to unload payroll. Might CP3 and expirings be all we need to get this done?

I doubt they’re looking at taking Ayton back.

Upside for a Booker/Beal/Durant big 3 would be huge, but that team has a high likelihood of being an injury laden club.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what the Suns would be facing if they traded for Beal.

However, I don't see any way the Suns keep Ayton in this scenario.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
This is what the Suns would be facing if they traded for Beal.

However, I don't see any way the Suns keep Ayton in this scenario.

That's why you do this only if you have an Ayton trade in the works, too. This happens, I am assuming PHX has a trade for Ayton coming down, too! Probably SA for 2-3 players.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's why you do this only if you have an Ayton trade in the works, too. This happens, I am assuming PHX has a trade for Ayton coming down, too!

Yeah, the Suns couldn't be left holding Ayton's salary at the mercy of the rest of the NBA.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If this is the trade for Beal, do it.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Yeah, the Suns couldn't be left holding Ayton's salary at the mercy of the rest of the NBA.
I saw a podcast, and I don't remember the particulars, but they had a trade that worked with Ayton that freed up $12 mil. and met NBA guidelines. IF you could do that and get a serviceable piece or two back and maneuver under that Apron, that might be the best case scenario.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw a podcast, and I don't remember the particulars, but they had a trade that worked with Ayton that freed up $12 mil. and met NBA guidelines. IF you could do that and get a serviceable piece or two back and maneuver under that Apron, that might be the best case scenario.

And let's get some draft picks while we are at it. I want to enjoy the draft.

:beer:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Do we tempt fate on this deal and try and get a pick, too? James Jones, "I don't know. We REALLY like CP3. I'm kinda on the fence. almost there. Is there anything else you can throw in to get my owner to sign off on this?"

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do we tempt fate on this deal and try and get a pick, too? James Jones, "I don't know. We REALLY like CP3. I'm kinda on the fence. almost there. Is there anything else you can throw in to get my owner to sign off on this?"

I would like to add some 2nd round picks.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
IDK, if their goal is to shed cap space, those two make the most sense. They know we are bupkis with other assets.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Haynes “believes” a lot of things.

I know, but I'm riding this wave as far as it takes me.

As a sidenote, I read the Suns may be helping to increase Beal's value and then the Wizards help Phoenix to get Kuzma.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If it is Paul and Shamet for Beal... you gotta do it. I don't really know what kind of team we come out the other side with in the end, but that is such a disparity that you have to pull the trigger.

It would be nice if we could hold off on the deal until we were able to extend Jock, because going over that apron I believe means we'd have to give up his bird rights. I doubt the Wiz would play along though, if they're blowing it up they probably want to tear it down during the draft.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know, but I'm riding this wave as far as it takes me.

As a sidenote, I read the Suns may be helping to increase Beal's value and then the Wizards help Phoenix to get Kuzma.

Kuzma and Ayton together... the mopiest front court in NBA history. Kuzma has even less fire in his belly than Ayton does.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kuzma and Ayton together... the mopiest front court in NBA history. Kuzma has even less fire in his belly than Ayton does.

The rumor mill has run will. I'd like to see the Suns get something in trade for Paul.