TRADES

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
They could have a deal done in principal now. But NBA League Offices down for the weekend, we will have to wait until Monday most likely.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know this would kill us with the Apron, but then flip Ayton for Pascal Siakem, and I think we are good! Assuming filler pieces in trades get us to 5-7 good players. Vet min and second round pics (buy some second round picks if available) plus bring back Landale, Bismack, Okogie, etc Off season done!
Oh come on, we arent getting Siakem for ayton.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is what the Suns would be facing if they traded for Beal.

However, I don't see any way the Suns keep Ayton in this scenario.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Probably still worth it.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can I get a hell yeah.

if we could get him without giving up ayton that would be robbery.

It's all about the Wizards getting rid of Beal's massive contract, so they can rebuild.

The irony, under normal circumstances, they would want Ayton instead of Paul. Then they would trade him for additional assets. His value must be extremely low.

clyde2tw

All Star
Reaction score
Beal if playing has a game like Irvine, but he is always injured and takes up a huge cap room for 5 more years. Trading for him is way too risky. I'd rather take the Boston deal of CP3 for Brogdon + sth. And somebody mentioned Ayton to Spurs for KJohnson.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's all about the Wizards getting rid of Beal's massive contract, so they can rebuild.

The irony, under normal circumstances, they would want Ayton instead of Paul. Then they would trade him for additional assets. His value must be extremely low.
His value isn’t low, he has a no trade clause which severely limits their trade partners.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Beal if playing has a game like Irvine, but he is always injured and takes up a huge cap room for 5 more years. Trading for him is way too risky. I'd rather take the Boston deal of CP3 for Brogdon + sth. And somebody mentioned Ayton to Spurs for KJohnson.
I don’t agree at all.

window is short, KD is already injury prone. You don’t pass up an all star for basically nothing in this circumstance.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Supposedly we get Beal for CP3 And Shamet. If there is no way we can unload Ayton, and Vogel works his magic, teams will be crying foul over our roster.
Yeah, all we would need is to get 3 decent guys on the minimum. With those 3 there has to be a few vets willing to go ring hunting.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Suns are almost locked into this approach and it gives them their best chance of contending under the circumstances.

A third star helps weaken the need for top role players.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wait a second, I thought Paul only counted as 15 million in a trade.

I don’t think just shamet and him works.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its a question of is Beal worth more than a 12 million exception and shamet.

Hell yeah he is.

If it happens, filling in the remaining roster is crucial. The Suns didn't have the right role players in the playoffs last season.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait a second, I thought Paul only counted as 15 million in a trade.

I don’t think just shamet and him works.

As I understand it, the Wizards will have to pay Paul his full salary, if not slightly more.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As I understand it, the Wizards will have to pay Paul his full salary, if not slightly more.
yeah but I heard only Paul’s guaranteed money counts in a trade.

maybe they could update that deal, but Paul would have to agree, and 15 million might not be worth it to him to have to go to the wizards.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

maybe they could update that deal, but Paul would have to agree, and 15 million might not be worth it to him to have to go to the wizards.

No, the deal can't be finalized until after the guaranteed date. Paul's full $30m counts. Paul doesn't have a player option either, we trade him and he goes. He can refuse to report but that's the Wizards problem. They'll likely buy him out.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Not if the option is picked up with the trade.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, the Bucks have interest. The Suns best chance of getting Beal if that is only what he wants.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Undoubtedly, their best chance is if he doesn't want to go any where else. But if the Wizards also are doing it mainly for cap flexibility, I wonder what the Bucks could offer... obviously, not draft picks, as Gambo mentions.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser