TV ratings a prime-time low

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

virtual_9mm

Reaction score
Pokerface, you just annoyed a mostly-lurker to post. Congratulations.

The Suns could have beat the Spurs had Stern not made an inconsistent ruling. Sure, the Suns got blown out in Game 6. However, everyone forgets that the Suns blew the Spurs out in Game 2. A blowout was bound to happen sometime, especially since Nash, Raja and Marion were tired from their prior efforts.

You say that championship teams have an extra margin to work with. Did the 93 Bulls have that margin on the Suns? Had it not been for Barkley losing Grant and the subsequent defensive rotation that left Paxson open, the Suns would have had a Game 7 on their home floor. That's not exactly having a "margin" on the Suns. But are they still champions in your book?

Plain and simple, the Suns have had a run of unluckiness that rivals the Red Sox. For you to be posting troll-like comments about how bad the Suns suck is just...I'll leave it at that.

redheat

A real American hero
Reaction score
I blame Blaine too. He is all fat and talks like he could care less. Who the hell hired that guy

BuddyFranklin

Registered
Reaction score
These refs are just terrible. Its like they want to share the spotlight with the players. The refs should be invisible and not be noticed. They're ego's are writing checks they're bodies can't cash :)

Man what a poopy series. Goodnight Irene.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
At best cleveland would have beat one team in the west playoffs, lakers... and i'm not even sure about that.

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
Pokerface, you just annoyed a mostly-lurker to post. Congratulations.

The Suns could have beat the Spurs had Stern not made an inconsistent ruling. Sure, the Suns got blown out in Game 6. However, everyone forgets that the Suns blew the Spurs out in Game 2. A blowout was bound to happen sometime, especially since Nash, Raja and Marion were tired from their prior efforts.

You say that championship teams have an extra margin to work with. Did the 93 Bulls have that margin on the Suns? Had it not been for Barkley losing Grant and the subsequent defensive rotation that left Paxson open, the Suns would have had a Game 7 on their home floor. That's not exactly having a "margin" on the Suns. But are they still champions in your book?

Plain and simple, the Suns have had a run of unluckiness that rivals the Red Sox. For you to be posting troll-like comments about how bad the Suns suck is just...I'll leave it at that.

good post bud i sometimes think that pokerface fellow aint even a suns fan

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good post Virtual 9mm. I hope you become a regular. :thumbup:

OP
OP
azirish

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
good post bud i sometimes think that pokerface fellow aint even a suns fan

Oh Poke is a fan, but he's part of the "Suns are great so lets change the entire roster and coaching staff to get better" sort of fan. Nobody buys this and so they get more and more bitter about it. And boring, they get really boring.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I just think blaming the refs is lame and pointless. The Suns could have won this series had they been more defensive minded and physical...had Amare and Diaw not stupidly left the bench...had Barbosa not disappeared.

The refs are the least of our problems!

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Every Suns fans should see that blaming some boogeyman instead of analyzing and trying to fix this team's obvious flaws is the way to win championships. I sure as hell hope the Suns front office is unlike the fan base and doesn't sit on their hands deluding themselves into believing this current squad is clearly superior to the Spurs.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Every Suns fans should see that blaming some boogeyman instead of analyzing and trying to fix this team's obvious flaws is the way to win championships. I sure as hell hope the Suns front office is unlike the fan base and doesn't sit on their hands deluding themselves into believing this current squad is clearly superior to the Spurs.

Ahhh...the voice of reason is so refreshing!

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
I just think blaming the refs is lame and pointless. The Suns could have won this series had they been more defensive minded and physical...had Amare and Diaw not stupidly left the bench...had Barbosa not disappeared.

The refs are the least of our problems!

Actually they were physical but they were called for fouls while the Spurs did not due to reputation. I just want to get rid of that aspect of the officiating.

The Spurs are a damn good team. I don't think they needed the extra "help" in playing defense by allowing them to hack all series long while the other team can't. Rules should be enforced on a consistent basis that makes it fair for both teams, not giving breaks to the team that has the more physical reputation.

What they are currently doing leads to conspiracy theories and unwatchable basketball. The league needs to pay attention to declining ratings or they will become like the NHL.

Were the Suns partially at fault for the losses in the series? Of course but unlike Stern, I'm not going to completely ignore the rest of the league's problems and pray that they disappear on their own.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score

The Suns team had flaws without question but Its really hard to ignore when players can hold all game long (bowen), go over the back on a consistent basis (duncan), or allowed to take 4 steps without dribbling (parker).

The Suns need consistent efforts on the defensive end and on the boards. They also need to stop relying so heavily on the 3 point shot.

Can the Suns team do things to improve? You bet your ass but I'd like the league's flaws to be fixed before the NBA becomes a cult sport like hockey

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ash did the Suns do anything wrong or was it just the refs??

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Ash did the Suns do anything wrong or was it just the refs??

Read the post above, I listed a few of the team's faults.

Others include not moving without the ball on a consistent basis (especially Marion), relying too much on Nash, LB having tunnel vision, and relying on the jumpshot too often.

However the series was incredibly close and the piss poor officiating league wide and a controversial decisions on suspensions were part of the deciding factors in the series and SHOULD NOT BE IGNORED EITHER.

I don't like officiating based on reputation or on a player's status, I want games to be decided on the court in the interest of fairness. That isn't what is going on currently in the NBA and they are paying for it

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Funny though, the Spurs fans complained last year about the refs when they lost to the Mavs.

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
Coincidently, the NHL finals were the lowest in several years also. Unfortunately, with the amount of TV choices out there, people aren't watching sports as much as a few years ago . . . except the NFL continue to be a huge draw.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05