Twisters (aka Twister 2)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Have you seen Hitman? That movie sold me on him. He’s absolutely great in it. But judging by Anyone But You’s bizarre success, looks like the rest of the movie going public bought in hard after Top Gun 2.

But my theory for the success wasn’t just based on Powell’s star power. It was just one of many factors, including it being a lega-sequel with a damn good trailer promising ludicrously big dumb fun, was why I wasn’t shocked this thing opened huge.
I liked Maverick but Powell isn't a top 10 reason why I liked it. I admittedly have not seen much else with him. He's like Average White Guy #2 at this point, but that is not much of a valid opjnion because I haven't seen much else with him.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked Maverick but Powell isn't a top 10 reason why I liked it. I admittedly have not seen much else with him. He's like Average White Guy #2 at this point, but that is not much of a valid opjnion because I haven't seen much else with him.

I wasn’t crazy about him in Top Gun 2 either. But he’s great in Everybody Wants Some (Linklater’s “spiritual sequel” to Dazed) and he just knocks Hitman (Netflix) out of the park. Give that one a watch. It’s one of Linklater’s best movies in a long time and one of my favorite movies this year, alongside Thelma.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I wasn’t crazy about him in Top Gun 2 either. But he’s great in Everybody Wants Some (Linklater’s “spiritual sequel” to Dazed) and he just knocks Hitman (Netflix) out of the park. Give that one a watch. It’s one of Linklater’s best movies in a long time and one of my favorite movies this year, alongside Thelma.
Ok ill give it a shot.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Powell’s star wattage was just one of many reasons I expected this to open huge along with nostalgia for the OG, and a great marketing campaign.

Also, it’s not like I’m some big Powell honk. He didn’t fully win me over until Hitman. Have you seen it yet? That’s a legit movie star performance and sold me on him. He’s absolutely great in it. But judging by Anyone But You’s bizarre success, looks like the rest of the movie going public bought in hard after Top Gun 2.

I’m looking forward to him taking on The Running Man remake next. I wonder if they stick closer to the book, which was MUCH different than Arnold’s cheese-stuffed classic.
:eek:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Solid B/B+ disaster movie. Liked Twister a little more. The cheese factor of that movie just oozed so deliciously. This one takes itself a little more seriously, but is still pretty big fun.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went to go see this with the wife mainly because we wanted out of the house. Color me shocked. Was entertaining. Stood on it's own without relying on the original cast (that's left). Had some great actions sequences and some likeable characters. This is how to end the summer!

It's going to clear 80 Million opening weekend to boot.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I liked it.
A quiet place was sold out, so this was the alternative.
the shooting fireworks while in the tornado had me dying

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
A little background. I had no plans to see this movie, no desire to. I'm off for the week and had an appointment in a nice neighborhood, after which I was going to take in the neighborhood, check out a new restaurant, and watch Harold and Maude at the local art house theater. But it was pouring rain, so...I checked out what was playing at my local theater, and this is all that even remotely looked good.

At first, I thought I'd made a mistake. It was slow and boring. But, as it got better and better, I realized the slow start was just a decent slow burn. IDGAF about the actual tornadoes; I just wanted an entertaining story. I didn't want sad story lines in place only to bridge the special effects. So, I was both pleasantly surprised and greatly entertained when the story was superb. I would highly recommend this movie. Any movie that Stout doesn't want to see and then actually likes should get like a 200% on RT :D

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
A little background. I had no plans to see this movie, no desire to. I'm off for the week and had an appointment in a nice neighborhood, after which I was going to take in the neighborhood, check out a new restaurant, and watch Harold and Maude at the local art house theater. But it was pouring rain, so...I checked out what was playing at my local theater, and this is all that even remotely looked good.

At first, I thought I'd made a mistake. It was slow and boring. But, as it got better and better, I realized the slow start was just a decent slow burn. IDGAF about the actual tornadoes; I just wanted an entertaining story. I didn't want sad story lines in place only to bridge the special effects. So, I was both pleasantly surprised and greatly entertained when the story was superb. I would highly recommend this movie. Any movie that Stout doesn't want to see and then actually likes should get like a 200% on RT :D
It says something when a movie can make you like it against your will

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see possible multiple movies with a cameo by Helen Hunt maybe later (similar to what they did with the new Jurassic Park movies maybe).

They did use Dorothy and referred to it as "old tech". So, they got the tech somehow. Not that a cameo is necessary, but it would have been cool. One thing I thought was possible. Tyler referred to his aunt but didn't name her. What if she was the Aunt?

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see possible multiple movies with a cameo by Jodie Foster maybe later (similar to what they did with the new Jurassic Park movies maybe).

They did use Dorothy and referred to it as "old tech". So, they got the tech somehow. Not that a cameo is necessary, but it would have been cool. One thing I thought was possible. Tyler referred to his aunt but didn't name her. What if she was the Aunt?
I'm not sure I'm following you? Are you by any chance talking about Helen Hunt instead of Jodie?

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see possible multiple movies with a cameo by Helen Hunt maybe later (similar to what they did with the new Jurassic Park movies maybe).
Have you seen Helen Hunt recently? She is almost unrecognizable as her former self. She reportedly had a face lift that was a disaster. You'd be better off getting someone with a similar build and placing a recognizable Helen Hunt face onto them like they did with Paul Walker and his brother in one of the Fast and Furious films or like Leia in Rogue One.

You must be registered for see images attach

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Have you seen Helen Hunt recently? She is almost unrecognizable as her former self. She reportedly had a face lift that was a disaster. You'd be better off getting someone with a similar build and placing a recognizable Helen Hunt face onto them like they did with Paul Walker and his brother in one of the Fast and Furious films or like Leia in Rogue One.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Meh. It's not great work but it would be a quick cameo and she would be playing someone's older aunt.

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I saw her in Hacks recently. I thought she looked fine, just older of course than her Twister days. Definitely not like this picture.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw her in Hacks recently. I thought she looked fine, just older of course than her Twister days. Definitely not like this picture.
Last thing I remember seeing her in was I See You. Her face is almost featureless. It's just really weird.