ulTIMate opTIMism: Cardinals still alive for playoffs!

AZCardsWin

Our waiting is over!
Reaction score
I guess its fair to say everyone is still alive but for those diehard Cardinals fans here is who we are chasing with 7 weeks to go- The Top 4 seeds are the division leaders:

1. Seattle 7-2
2. Carolina 7-2
3. Chicago 6-3
4. Dallas 6-3
5. NY Giants 6-3
6. Atlanta 6-3
-------------------------------
Cardinals 2-7 at Rams

Its way to early to even try to get into tie-breaker scenerios but the only two games that should matter to us Cardinals fans this week is the Cardinals winning vs. Rams and a loss by the Cowboys, Giants, or Falcons which would leave Arizona only 3 games back for the final wildcard with 6 weeks to go.

Go Cardinals/ America!
Tim

Last edited:

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Tim, when I drove to work Wednesday morning, I saw the Cardinals plane fly overhead. :thumbup:

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I do believe only 6 NFC teams will make the playoffs this year.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
It's really sad that the Football Cardinals' season is usually over before the Baseball Cardinals finish theirs.

JasonKGME

I'm a uncle's monkey??
Reaction score
AZCardsWin said:
I guess its fair to say everyone is still alive but for those diehard Cardinals fans here is who we are chasing with 7 weeks to go- The Top 4 seeds are the division leaders:

1. Seattle 7-2
2. Carolina 7-2
3. Chicago 6-3
4. Dallas 6-3
5. NY Giants 6-3
6. Atlanta 6-3
-------------------------------
Cardinals 2-7 at Rams

Its way to early to even try to get into tie-breaker scenerios but the only two games that should matter to us Cardinals fans this week is the Cardinals winning vs. Rams and a loss by the Cowboys, Giants, or Falcons which would leave Arizona only 3 games back for the final wildcard with 6 weeks to go.

Go Cardinals/ America!
Tim

Allways have to look at tie-breakers, both Dallas and NYG have tie-breaker over us because they both beat us, so they are technically 5 games ahead of us with 7 weeks to go, so best to pull for Atlanta to lose if your going this route.

OP
OP
AZCardsWin

AZCardsWin

Our waiting is over!
Reaction score
SoCal Cardfan said:
Wow.... just ... Wow.

All I know is when the Cardinals take the field at St.Louis tomorrow they are STILL alive for the playoffs and until we are officially eliminated there will always be hope!

Go Cards/ America!
Tim
:notworthy

OP
OP
AZCardsWin

AZCardsWin

Our waiting is over!
Reaction score
AZCardsWin said:

Well it's official- "3" games back with 6 to go. Still breathing still believen I guess. I'll come back on Wed. with updated standings, etc. Great game by the Cardinals today!

Go Cards/ America!
Tim

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
arthurracoon said:
We can do this!!!
uh, no we can't.

It's a shame this isn't the first or second game of the season--think of the potential optimism we could have then!

Rams4evah

Veteran
Reaction score
All you guys can really do is build on this and try to contend next year. There's a good chance the 49ers will still be rebuilding next year, the Rams could be torn apart and will have a new head coach, so next year the Hawks and Cards should have a heads up in the division.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rams4evah said:
All you guys can really do is build on this and try to contend next year.
Oh, good. We get to smack talk to an actual rams fan.

All you guys can really do is try to make excuses as to why you lost to a 2-5 Arizona Cardinals in your own house.

Have a nice thanksgiving.

EDIT: Props for showing up after a loss. That's not easy. :thumbup:

Last edited:

Rams4evah

Veteran
Reaction score
Pariah said:
Oh, good. We get to smack talk to an actual rams fan.

All you guys can really do is try to make excuses as to why you lost to a 2-5 Arizona Cardinals in your own house.

Have a nice thanksgiving.

I'm not talking crap- you guys are in a better position for the future than the Rams, but saying that you guys are going to win the rest of your games in quite a stretch. I just don't see it. You could finish the year strong, but not that strong. I wouldn't be surprised if you all beat the Colts, and prevent them from going 16-0. That would seem like a fitting win for you guys.

Too many people in the Rams organization are trying to patch holes in the old dynasty, and it hasn't worked. Next year hopefully they quit postponing the inevitable and just rebuild with new coaches.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Rams4evah said:
I'm not talking crap- you guys are in a better position for the future than the Rams, but saying that you guys are going to win the rest of your games in quite a stretch. I just don't see it. You could finish the year strong, but not that strong. I wouldn't be surprised if you all beat the Colts, and prevent them from going 16-0. That would seem like a fitting win for you guys.

Too many people in the Rams organization are trying to patch holes in the old dynasty, and it hasn't worked. Next year hopefully they quit postponing the inevitable and just rebuild with new coaches.

Really loved putting it on you guys in STL.

I've followed the Cardinals since 74', and the rams are like the guy dating your ex wife (with the added twist that your ex wife fixed herself up for him after refusing to do so for you). They are not cool, and I dislike them quite a bit.

Bidwill is smiling tonight rams4ever.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
Crimson Warrior said:
Really loved putting it on you guys in STL.

I've followed the Cardinals since 74', and the rams are like the guy dating your ex wife (with the added twist that your ex wife fixed herself up for him after refusing to do so for you). They are not cool, and I dislike them quite a bit.

Bidwill is smiling tonight rams4ever.

Oh man, you had to go there. THAT hit close to home.

Now I REALLY hate the Rams.

OP
OP
AZCardsWin

AZCardsWin

Our waiting is over!
Reaction score
When it comes to the Cardinals playoff hopes- and as far as tomorrows games go- it would be beneficial to the Cardinals if both Detroit and Denver win.The rationale behind wanting this- if you look at Dallas remaining schedule it could be possible for them to finish 8-8 should they lose tomorrow. A Falcons loss combined with there remaining schedule could have them ending up 8-8 as well.

Obviously we need the Cardinals to run the table to be 9-7.

Its fun to dream isn't it? I'll have a lot of Turkey and Kool-Aid tomorrow. Anyway I'll check back in on Friday with a current look at the NFC Playoff picture.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Tim

OP
OP
AZCardsWin

AZCardsWin

Our waiting is over!
Reaction score
AZCardsWin said:
The rationale behind wanting this- if you look at Dallas remaining schedule it could be possible for them to finish 8-8 should they lose tomorrow.

Well for the total opTIMists the Cowboys loss is a very good thing. If Dallas can go 1-4 in the next 5 games they will end up 8-8. The Atlanta win means we need them to go 1-4 in there next 5 games as well so they finish 8-8.

So if Cards win out, we get in at 9-7! :notworthy

Go Cards/ America!
Tim

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
AZCardsWin said:
Well for the total opTIMists the Cowboys loss is a very good thing. If Dallas can go 1-4 in the next 5 games they will end up 8-8. The Atlanta win means we need them to go 1-4 in there next 5 games as well so they finish 8-8.

So if Cards win out, we get in at 9-7! :notworthy

Go Cards/ America!
Tim

Redskins, Bucs, and maybe the Vikes still stand in our path, but I'm on board with all the optimism.