Unstoppable in the Near Future? Blake Griffin

Manu4five

Veteran
Reaction score
A bank shot gives more than 2p? You don't see 3p bank shots, unless by accident.

I love the bank shot. My favorite NBA player of all-time was Dr. J -- he used it regularly. My favorite Sun of all-time was Mo Lucas. He used it, too.

But most fans would rather see spectacular dunks than bank shots. Especially if not by an all-star who is too good to be a whiner, but is anyway.

Ok watch spectacular dunks then, its fine withe me. I'm a Spurs fan I just care about winning basketball games ;)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok watch spectacular dunks then, its fine withe me. I'm a Spurs fan I just care about winning basketball games ;)

Instead of gloating over the fact that the Spurs have successfully re-invented themselves, watch Blake play. He's a bit of a jerk and yes, he's a phenomenal dunker but he does much more than that. We're Suns fans not Clippers fans. We're not praising this guy out of team loyalty we're simply acknowledging the guy has the potential to be great. I'm sure many of us did the same thing when Duncan was a rookie.

Steve

Manu4five

Veteran
Reaction score
Instead of gloating over the fact that the Spurs have successfully re-invented themselves, watch Blake play. He's a bit of a jerk and yes, he's a phenomenal dunker but he does much more than that. We're Suns fans not Clippers fans. We're not praising this guy out of team loyalty we're simply acknowledging the guy has the potential to be great. I'm sure many of us did the same thing when Duncan was a rookie.

Steve

Good post and i agree. He has the potential to be great and best wishes to him.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I sincerely hope you are not stupid enough to not get the sarcasm? :D

Sorry, but in order to get credit for sarcasm, you need to first establish a reputation as someone who isn't completely full of bull. Otherwise, there's no reason for anyone to put the most recent absurd thing you've said into a different category from the history of dozens of other absurd things you've said.

Put more simply, sarcasm is context-dependent, and nothing in your posting history has established a context in which the concept of sarcasm could even apply.

Last edited:

Manu4five

Veteran
Reaction score
elindholm: you don't know how the rookie scale works and you don't know anything about european basketball right? How many european basketball games have you attended the last 5 years?

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
elindholm: you don't know how the rookie scale works and you don't know anything about european basketball right? How many european basketball games have you attended the last 5 years?

Why do you make me keep repeating myself?

1. I was incorrect about a minor technicality in rookie contract rules, and admitted it as soon as the error was pointed out to me.

2. I incorrectly predicted that Splitter would never play in the NBA.

3. I have never claimed to watch European basketball, so that point is invalid.

4. I was right about our main point of contention -- Splitter sucks as an NBA player -- and I have been right in every other disagreement we have had.

5. Unlike you, I can tell when I am wrong. Unlike you, I am more interested in knowing what is correct than in insisting that I was right all along.

6. And unlike you, I am LMAO that the Spurs went so far out of their way to sign Splitter to an oversized contract, and that their fans fell for it hook, line, and sinker. Generally speaking, the Spurs' talent evaluation has been terrific during the Duncan era, but they blew this one. Big time.

I am now going to flag this post so that I can easily find it later, the next time you go through this routine: manusave