Updated 7 round mock from The War Room

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
I hate our 2nd rounder, because if we do draft a QB high, it should be Ben or Eli. I don't see much difference between having McCown and drafting any QB other than Eli, Ben & Rivers in the draft. I would draft one the top five CBs, since one should drop to #33. The War Room have Will Poole dropping out of the first, so I would take him at #33 - other plaers available at #33 accordng to The War Room: Ricardo Colclough, Michael Boulware & Donnell Washington. Otherwise, I couldn't be more pleased if the draft turned out like this:

3 (3) Cardinals Larry Fitzgerald* WR Pitt
Fitzgerald is Dennis Green's guy. Fitzgerald grew up in Minnesota, is a cousin of former Vikings WR Cris Carter and spent a lot of time around the Vikings because his dad was a Vikings beat writer. Fitzgerald is the complete package -- a downfield threat with great acceleration, size, reach, hand-eye coordination and body control. He also has great character, a more valuable trait after the problems with Keyshawn Johnson, Terrell Owens, Randy Moss and David Boston.
1 (33) Cardinals J.P. Losman QB Tulane
Although the Cardinals have publicly endorsed Josh McCown as their QB, they will not pass on Losman here.
1 (64) Cardinals Isaac Sopoaga DT Hawaii
4 (100) Cardinals Michael Turner RB Northern Ill.
3 (135) Cardinals Stacy Andrews T Ole Miss
2 (167) Cardinals Claude Harriott DE Pitt
1 (202) Cardinals Jorge Cordova OLB Nevada

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
BACH said:
I hate our 2nd rounder, because if we do draft a QB high, it should be Ben or Eli. I don't see much difference between having McCown and drafting any QB other than Eli, Ben & Rivers in the draft. I would draft one the top five CBs, since one should drop to #33. The War Room have Will Poole dropping out of the first, so I would take him at #33 - other plaers available at #33 accordng to The War Room: Ricardo Colclough, Michael Boulware & Donnell Washington. Otherwise, I couldn't be more pleased if the draft turned out like this:

Fitzgerald is Dennis Green's guy. Fitzgerald grew up in Minnesota, is a cousin of former Vikings WR Cris Carter and spent a lot of time around the Vikings because his dad was a Vikings beat writer. Fitzgerald is the complete package -- a downfield threat with great acceleration, size, reach, hand-eye coordination and body control. He also has great character, a more valuable trait after the problems with Keyshawn Johnson, Terrell Owens, Randy Moss and David Boston.
Although the Cardinals have publicly endorsed Josh McCown as their QB, they will not pass on Losman here.
Harriott is a bust waiting to happen. Cards will take an opening day starter at 33: OL, CB, RB, DT. Not a QB project. You can get Losmans throught the draft every draft year.

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Geez you're up late Vikesfan! I can't get to sleep too much caffeine :( and to think I used to drink coke by gallon :( How times have changed now that I watch my weight :D I agree there are a lot of problems with this mock draft I hope we don't go this way...

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
SunCardfan said:
Geez you're up late Vikesfan! I can't get to sleep too much caffeine :( and to think I used to drink coke by gallon :( How times have changed now that I watch my weight :D I agree there are a lot of problems with this mock draft I hope we don't go this way...
I am a nightowl. Stay away from caffeine it is highly addictive.

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hey I used to be addicted, not anymore. I am a night owl too the only problem is I have to get up at six. If I go to sleep now I'll only get four 1/2 hrs of sleep. :(

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
i don't know what you have to do at 6 put 4 1/2 hours can at least give you some rest

it might be worth a shot

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yup I asked you question on the other thread... Do you think Green would have come here without Q?

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Probably he has faith in his ability to build a team. Q being here makes it easier to build a team. One legit pro-bowler/star is a good start.
I think OAK has more talent then ARI but there he would have had to listen to Davis on player moves. I think he would only go to a team that would let him pick the players. Arizona and Graves did that is why he came here. Q makes it possible for him to build faster and win sooner.

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
Probably he has faith in his ability to build a team. Q being here makes it easier to build a team. One legit pro-bowler/star is a good start.
I think OAK has more talent then ARI but there he would have had to listen to Davis on player moves. I think he would only go to a team that would let him pick the players. Arizona and Graves did that is why he came here. Q makes it possible for him to build faster and win sooner.

Yup, I still think Boldin might have gotten him here though. He loves his Receivers and Boldin just had the best year a rookie ever has had. I know you could compare Mosses first season though. We did use two QB's though and I saw Quan open an awful lot when the QB just screwed up. I wonder how many yards he could have gotten if he had had an experience good QB back there?! Quan was simply amazing!

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
SunCardfan said:
Yup, I still think Boldin might have gotten him here though. He loves his Receivers and Boldin just had the best year a rookie ever has had. I know you could compare Mosses first season though. We did use two QB's though and I saw Quan open an awful lot when the QB just screwed up. I wonder how many yards he could have gotten if he had had an experience good QB back there?! Quan was simply amazing!
Doesn't hurt to have him. Wonder what he will do in the DG system?

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Back to the original post. Denny may take a qb on day two to compete for 3rd string with Parsons if there is someone he likes or he will sign an undrafted rookie qb. No way will he take a qb on day one.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
BACH said:
Hey those are the two guys I picked in my mock back in Feb. Of course that was before we signed King.

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/storypage.php?Story_ID=396&Category=cardinals

dopleganger

Veteran
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
Harriott is a bust waiting to happen. Cards will take an opening day starter at 33: OL, CB, RB, DT. Not a QB project. You can get Losmans throught the draft every draft year.

Most 6 and 7th round picks are.

dopleganger

Veteran
Reaction score
vikesfan said:

Green has said he is not rebuilding (which implies of course not building either) is he a lier ???

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Your mock places a great deal of faith in (a) Starks' knees and/or Renaldo Hill's ability to keep up with fast wideouts.

Substitute the best available corner for Losman in your mock and then it would make more sense.

If you absolutely, positively want a QB, why not wait til the 4th or 5th round and grab someone like Harris, Pickett, Van Pelt, Smoker or Dinwiddie?

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
JeffGollin said:
Your mock places a great deal of faith in (a) Starks' knees and/or Renaldo Hill's ability to keep up with fast wideouts.

Substitute the best available corner for Losman in your mock and then it would make more sense.

If you absolutely, positively want a QB, why not wait til the 4th or 5th round and grab someone like Harris, Pickett, Van Pelt, Smoker or Dinwiddie?
My mock was done before we signed King so I don't think we need a QB early in the draft anymore. I agree that CB would be a better fit with our second rounder.

B-Dogg

Registered
Reaction score
If we can get Stacey Andrews, the younger brother of Shawn Andrews, who is bigger, faster, and stronger than Shawn, he would be an absolute steal that late in the draft. If he stuck around another year in college he would probably be a 1st or 2nd round pick...

BuckeyeCardinal

Cantankerous Curmudgeon
Reaction score
That mock kinda sucks.

If you think that Josh sucks then you draft a "potential" in round 2?

Why not draft the best QB available then in round 1 and go for the WR in round 2?

You already have Q.

I would like the 7th round pick as it might be cool to hear the announcers say ***** Hey.

BuckeyeCardinal

Cantankerous Curmudgeon
Reaction score
seesred said:
I would bet big money (but I wont) that we will not take any QB in the ffirst days draft.

GBR

We've just went through a mini camp.

DG saw all the QB's.

If he thinks that an available QB (Manning/Big Ben/Rivers) is better than what we have then he may jump.

I don't think he will....but don't bet on it. ;)

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The War room guy is on KDUS every week and he's got a fixation on the Cards taking a QB and he will not let it go.

He thinks Denny has his head up his ass if the Cards insist on going with Josh McCown.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don;t mind taking Losman in the second--that's actually a pretty good value, I think. My concern with this mock is that we spend our first two picks on offense and don't address defense until the third--and even then it's not at CB, which I think we need to address in the second.

If we could trade out of #3 and get a Williams in the 1st, Losman at #33 and a CB with a second round pick we get in the trade (hopefully cleveland's) and then go DT in the 3rd I'd be very happy.