Updated 7 round mock from The War Room

pete

All Star
Reaction score
You have to take Fitzgerald if he is there at #3. A MUST PICK!!!

What about CB? I didn't see one of those in there. Even if Starks comes back healthy, the Cards need better depth.

Van Pelt would be a nice hometown choice. The competition between him and Parsons could shape up to be a good battle in camp.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The War Room guy is so fixated on our drafting a QB, I'm convinced he posts here under the handle "jolt". :D

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Hey im surprised k9 hasnt said anything yet about them having us taking Sopoaga. I love this kid he is a beast and him and wendell at DT would surely stop any run game. I think we take strait in the second if available. I'm pretty sure he will be available now that gamble has slipped so much and teams certainly wouldnt pick strait above gamble.

If this team did pick a QB in the draft it should be round 6 or 7. We have McCown and King. I personally like parsons so i think he is a good 3rd stringer. I hope they dont pick a QB in the draft.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
pete said:
You have to take Fitzgerald if he is there at #3. A MUST PICK!!!

In your opinion, and only in your opinion. I disagree. I say if either Big Ben or Eli (in that order) happen to be on the board, you HAVE to take them, in our situation...and that's just in my opinion. My opinion also says we'll regret not doing it like we'll regret not drafting Leftwich last year.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
azcardsfan1616 said:
Hey im surprised k9 hasnt said anything yet about them having us taking Sopoaga.

Ask, and you shall recieve. :thumbup: I'm skeptical about Sopoaga still being at the top of the third round, but I like it if he's there (in my initial Cards Mock, I had us trading up to get him with our third, fifth, and a 2005 fourth). The Cards can't sit there and bank on Marcus Bell or Barron Tanner suddenly being good.

I don't really like the Losman pick, but I do think that there's a possibility that if a team like the Packers doesn't pick a QB late in the first round, then we might be able to extort them to move up to get him. In my opinion, the #33 overall pick has a greater chance of being traded than the #3 overall. I wonder if the Cards could get a lower second, a fourth/fifth, and a 2005 second or third to let someone move up. If not, I'd wager that Chris Gamble might be there. Gamble is obviously a risky pick, but his upside is such where I think he'd be worth the risk at #33 overall. Derrick Strait, on the other hand, absolutely isn't.

If Stacey Andrews is there, I love the pick. Claude Harriot would be a good pick in the 6th is solid, also. I don't really like Michael Turner, but if he's there, I guess I'm okay with it. I don't think that he's much of an upgrade over Shipp, Smith, or Scobey, but whatever.

Loyal Card 17

Veteran
Reaction score
the cardinals with their 2nd round pick should pick that defensive tackle named tank. dont quote me on this but i think he out of washington, and benched 225lbs over 40 times. how cool would it be to have a dt named tank on the front line. i'm a fan of his just because of his name. draft tank.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Loyal Card 17 said:
the cardinals with their 2nd round pick should pick that defensive tackle named tank. dont quote me on this but i think he out of washington, and benched 225lbs over 40 times. how cool would it be to have a dt named tank on the front line. i'm a fan of his just because of his name. draft tank.

Dont want to burst your bubble, and yes his nickname is pretty cool, but the guy you speak of, his real name is Terry Johnson, Tanks is just a nickname. Next he didnt do over 40 reps on the bench. Only 3 guys did, Igor, Sopoaga, and Brian Save all DT's. Terry Johnson had 31 reps. As for taking Terry'Tank' Johnson in the 2nd round we would be taking him a full round or two to early. I can probably name 15 DT's off of the top of my head that are better DT prospects. If we want Terry Johnson take him in the 4th round if he is there.