Utah Jaz vs L.A. Lakers series

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
Dwight today couldn't carry young shaq's jock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YccKZhc9I5k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br3AaISFc-A -- McDonald's Game Highlight

That first video brought a tear to my eye, beautiful. Sadly I didn't know about Shaq until he came into the league so all those college highlights were new to me, plus I never saw all those Magic highlights or I have and just completely forgot about most of them. I was 5-9 when he was with the Magic, most people can't remember that good far back.

First time ever seeing that high school highlight, awesome.

Some Shaq fan I am right? I wish I was born earlier so I could have known about him sooner lol...

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
I swear I am gonna cry when Shaq retires and I think they should make a big deal out of it to, have the whole day dedicated to everything Shaq on ESPN.

Call me crazy, but I think he will have his jersey retired for all the teams he has played for (yes, even the Suns)...that will be a first right? One player having all his teams retire his jersey...

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
plus I never saw all those Magic highlights or I have and just completely forgot about most of them. I was 5-9 when he was with the Magic, most people can't remember that good far back.

You are lucky then, or you'd have an undying hate for Nick Anderson.

C.H.O.K.E.!!!!

Hell, I remember T.N.S. and Shaq and Hakeem riding a bicycle built for two for Taco Bell. But that taco was DAMN good!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I swear I am gonna cry when Shaq retires and I think they should make a big deal out of it to, have the whole day dedicated to everything Shaq on ESPN.

Call me crazy, but I think he will have his jersey retired for all the teams he has played for (yes, even the Suns)...that will be a first right? One player having all his teams retire his jersey...

Uhm, don't worry about that. Dude is a legend. 34 will be up in Staples, and in Orlando, in Miami, and in Phx as well.

I may bust on him for what I expected, but he's legendary. No denying that.

(and I cried like a hooker with her crack rock snatched away when Magic had his "the HIV virus that I have attained" conference.

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
Sadly, its time for me to go to bed. I am still bummed out basketball season is over for me already (no Suns, no basketball)...sure I catch a few minutes of every game, but I don't watch with substance...

Lakers fans, they will have a fight on their hands for the division title next season. This time around, Shaq is with the Suns for a full season...

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
You are lucky then, or you'd have an undying hate for Nick Anderson.

C.H.O.K.E.!!!!

Hell, I remember T.N.S. and Shaq and Hakeem riding a bicycle built for two for Taco Bell. But that taco was DAMN good!

Missing the free throws...yeah painful memories...even if I was a baby. I think those are buried deep down inside.

What about a taco lol?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Missing the free throws...yeah painful memories...even if I was a baby. I think those are buried deep down inside.

What about a taco lol?

I think it was the double stuff taco. Good stuff...crunchy inside, soft outside. Awesome. And Taco Neck Syndrome that Shaq "attained" was awesome.

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
Uhm, don't worry about that. Dude is a legend. 34 will be up in Staples, and in Orlando, in Miami, and in Phx as well.

I may bust on him for what I expected, but he's legendary. No denying that.

(and I cried like a hooker with her crack rock snatched away when Magic had his "the HIV virus that I have attained" conference.
Yeah, well at least to me...Magic's retirement would take the back burner to him having that virus. When it all comes down to it, sports is just sports, life is way more important...

I respect Magic, but still don't know how get got virus...

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
I think it was the double stuff taco. Good stuff...crunchy inside, soft outside. Awesome. And Taco Neck Syndrome that Shaq "attained" was awesome.
I used to love those, never knew they did a taco bell commercial together though

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"get some more of those tacos" is one of the all-time great marketing lines...ever.

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
That had to be in 96-97, I guess I can chalk it up to not seeing it because of my age.

Were those just local commercials though, or national....

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
National ads.

EJ...those were back when Kobe was Showbe..young pup with the world in his sights. :)

I remember when I asked my best man to be in my wedding...we were hanging out and talking about the Lakers (aside, he and I heard the Magic news together...he was wearing a magic jersey we went to get some snacks and play video games after basketball practice....and the local gas station guy told us "Magic is done guys, he has aids --he said AIDS--and we thought he was kidding...ran home and saw the news).

Anyway...I told my friend the night I asked him to be in my wedding that he better watch out for number 8, he was going to be amazing. He said "Eddie Jones? I love that guy" and I said, "no man, Kobe Bryant..that dude is unreal." He was like "yeah, he's good." LOL. The wayback machine there....good memory.

See, I told you I can mark events in my life by Magic, and by the Lakers. That was me asking my best friend to be my best man...and the Lakers were somehow involved.

I'm sick..I know.

Last edited:

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
Damn I either have the suckiest memory ever or I just completely missed those commercials...

Hey it was fun chatting with you, but I am not on the West Coast like you and its 4 am here, so I need my sleep lol...

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
National ads.

EJ...those were back when Kobe was Showbe..young pup with the world in his sights. :)

I remember when I asked my best man to be in my wedding...we were hanging out and talking about the Lakers (aside, he and I heard the Magic news together...he was wearing a magic jersey we went to get some snacks and play video games after basketball practice....and the local gas station guy told us "Magic is done guys, he has aids --he said AIDS--and we thought he was kidding...ran home and saw the news).

Anyway...I told my friend the night I asked him to be in my wedding that he better watch out for number 8, he was going to be amazing. He said "Eddie Jones? I love that guy" and I said, "no man, Kobe Bryant..that dude is unreal." He was like "yeah, he's good." LOL. The wayback machine there....good memory.

See, I told you I can mark events in my life by Magic, and by the Lakers. That was me asking my best friend to be my best man...and the Lakers were somehow involved.

I'm sick..I know.

^
|
|

Cheesebeef, I guess you were right...Andrew and I are more alike that I thought. Only his Shaq is my Lakers.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn I either have the suckiest memory ever or I just completely missed those commercials...

Hey it was fun chatting with you, but I am not on the West Coast like you and its 4 am here, so I need my sleep lol...

Goodnight bro.

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
Oh hey and this is to all the Suns fans who are going to read my convo in this thread ( I can only assume, but it has happened in the past) no way was reliving Shaq's days in LA disrespect towards the Suns or somehow going to take away from my Suns fandom. I was just having a nice convo with a guy about basketball, nothing more...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05