v.young having his private workout right now

CardsFan222

Rookie
Reaction score
Young = :thumbup:

Cutler = :bang:

Its amazing how a guy in shorts can make a great leap up the draft and a guy who was first completion % and almost single handily beat what people were saying was the best team in collage history can all of a sudden be a chump

I just dont get it?

Last edited:

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Green or Graves were not there.

Our OC, QB Coach, and the regional scout was there.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
ThunderCard said:
'Vince is not working out. Vince is not doing this and that.' I wanted to go out and show them that I am working out."

I love people that talk in the third person about themselves ! I would still draft him at #10 if he were there.

Come on now, give the dude a break...he may talk in third person all the time else, but this is not. He's giving a representation of what others are saying about him. Like me talking about Wally going, 'man, Stout is really conservative', and then going on to say 'I wanted to prove I'm not conservative'.

A little slack on the kid, eh?

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
CardsFan222 said:
Young = :thumbup:

Cutler = :bang:

Its amazing how a guy in shorts can make a great leap up the draft and a guy who was first completion % and almost single handily beat what people were saying was the best team in collage history can all of a sudden be a chump

I just dont get it?

The USC defense wasn't that good all year so I wouldn't put all my stock into that one game. The question is can he learn or understand a complicated offense or even the complicated defense that he's throwing against?

Thats the question that will decide his fate in the draft and the NFL

ThunderCard

Reaction score
Stout said:
Come on now, give the dude a break...he may talk in third person all the time else, but this is not. He's giving a representation of what others are saying about him. Like me talking about Wally going, 'man, Stout is really conservative', and then going on to say 'I wanted to prove I'm not conservative'.

A little slack on the kid, eh?

I just think it is funny. I keep getting that Seinfeld episode in my mind...

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ThunderCard said:
I just think it is funny. I keep getting that Seinfeld episode in my mind...

Jimmy doesn't like where this is going. Jimmy likes Elaine. Jimmy doesn't like Vince Young. :D

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
The USC defense wasn't that good all year so I wouldn't put all my stock into that one game. The question is can he learn or understand a complicated offense or even the complicated defense that he's throwing against?

Thats the question that will decide his fate in the draft and the NFL

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/

Has video of Texas' Pro Day. Young's 40 is about a third of the way down and passing is at the end of the video.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Green or Graves were not there.
But Keith Rowan took him out for an informal bite to eat the evening before the workout.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CardinalChris said:
he waited a lot on his receivers to get out of their breaks
This worries me a lot more than his 40-time. Our offense is based on timing. Maybe it's his WRs that didn't have the timing right, though...so who knows?

But, as for his 40, if we're relying on his legs to win games when he has Boldin and Fitz out running patterns then we picked the wrong guy.

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Pariah said:
But, as for his 40, if we're relying on his legs to win games when he has Boldin and Fitz out running patterns then we picked the wrong guy.

That's why we need a QB that can pass the ball, read defenses and learn a playbook. Athleticism will help you 10x more in college than the pros unless you are freakishly fast(Vick).

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Card Trader said:
It's a great thing we didn't draft him to be a fast running QB then.

We did. Also to be the team doctor, manage Cardinal Charities, and recruit free agents among other things. Probably could have used him on the Oline if we hadn't needed him to catch passes and run through 8 defenders for TD's.