Very susperstitious ...

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
So, what haven't you changed since the Cards made the playoffs? (And please don't say underwear.) Is there anything that you absolutely MUST have remain the same?

I've been wanting to change my avatar, but just can't do it.

I also hung two pennants and redforceone's sign that says "RESPECT!" on my wall near the TV and I can't (and don't want to) move them.

I have my Big Red bobble head sitting right next to the TV. Have red pom-poms on the lamp shades.

Will wear my Fitz jersey on Super Bowl Sunday since that is the one I have won every playoff game.

Anyone else?

My dad went to both playoff games with me.. Its hard to get him to go to a game even though he's a huge fan. This year he's been to the Dallas game, Atlanta and Philly on my dime. (even though he has wayyy more money than me i wouldn't let him pay). If i somehow win tickets to the superbowl, he's going with me haha

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's see...I painted my toenails "Cardinal Red" and I just keep adding layers because I won't take it off & re-do it. tmi, I know.

We have our "wallpaper" that won't come down:

You must be registered for see images attach

I have my at the game superstition of playing "Move *****" as we enter the parking lot...

DCR wears his DRC jersey game day...

I'm SURE I have plenty more...I've kinda gotten crazy about it. I insisted the Philly win was "Scrapple in action"

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
During every game since the Seattle game I have worn my 1998 Playoffs T-shirt under my 81 Boldin Jersey.

Only time I had it off was when I went swimming in Vegas during the third quarter/first 5 minutes of 4th quarter of NFC CHamp game.

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
I bet A$FN money in the vbookie thread Friday before the game starts. I wear my gray long sleeve shirt.

Last edited:

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. In the pick the score thread, I pick for the Cards to lose
2. Bet A$FN money in the vbookie threads on the Cardinals (hence contradicting #1)
3. Not wearing a jersey, just a red Cardinals shirt on gameday

That's about it this time around.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Changed my avatar when the Patriots were still killing us. After I changed it, Fitz got our only score that game and we've been on a tear ever since. I am not changing it until after the Super Bowl. :D

:jedi:

cardsfan89

Registered
Reaction score
I want badly to wear a Fitz jersey to the games.... but I've worn a plain red shirt and blue jeans to both home playoff games.... And although I'm sure I wore it during a few losses... I generally watched this great season on tv while wearing it most every sunday. I will be wearing it again Sunday.

OP
OP
Jersey Girl

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want badly to wear a Fitz jersey to the games.... but I've worn a plain red shirt and blue jeans to both home playoff games.... And although I'm sure I wore it during a few losses... I generally watched this great season on tv while wearing it most every sunday. I will be wearing it again Sunday.

Don't screw it up! :p

Last edited:

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Red NFC West Champion T-shirt underneath home red Fitz jersey. I have an official black sideline hat that I wore to the Vikings game and while watching the Patriots game. We were destroyed in both games. For Christmas, I got the red one and wore it for the Seattle game and each playoff game with the above mentioned shirt and Fitz jersey, just like I will for the Super Bowl.

I also have a history of being a very bad gambler and better, so for each playoff game, I have made my vBookie game bets against the Cards, therefore ensuring an Arizona victory. Once again, I will be betting against them in the Super Bowl. Luckily, I won the bet on the AFC game last week or I wouldn't have any money left to make my against the Cards bet.

Perfectionist

Objectively Correct
Reaction score
My faithful little teddy bear holding a Cardinals helmet sits atop my TV and will not be removed, and wearing my red Cards t-shirt.

Napier

Pond Hopping
Reaction score
Before the NFC Championship game I decided to wear something 'Cardinals' every day and sleep in a Cardinals t-shirt. I have come to realise exactly how much Cardinals clothing I have collected over the years!

Last night I had to go to a dinner party which almost caused me a problem, but in the end I found a light jacket which worked great.

Today I am going to a Rugby game in my Wilson jersey!

Unfortunately I also feel that if I start shouting around that the Cardinals are going to win (or lose... reverse psychology) the game I am jinxing them. So I have to talk around the subject quite alot.

Its quite talking point over here as most people I know are aware that I am Cards fan and know about the Super Bowl. I don't think they actually appreciate the magnitude of what is happening, but I also think I'm going to be able to get more to watch it this year.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not a designer jeans kind of guy, but my wife bought me a pair of MKs and I happened to wear them to the Atlanta game w/my Fitz jersey. Haven't washed either one and wore them at home for Panthers and in Phx for Eagle game.

Wife painted her nails Cardinal Red. Will do the same this week

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I forgot to add. My dental hygenist is a Steeler fan and I had an appt to get my teeth cleaned this week. I don't want her touching me. I cancelled my appt till after the SB

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh the Irony...

The irony is that, since nothing worked - during the weeks leading up to the second Seattle game - I gave up all superstitions. (Previously, I had discovered that when I wore or used anything "Cardinals", we'd lose - so I stopped drinking out of my Cardinal mug each morning and didn't wear Cardinal garb when out and about).

That all changed -

- I drink out my Cardinal mug each morning.

- I wear my Cardinal garb when out and about running errands.

We keep winning.

The only thing I'm wondering is: Is the reason we're winning because (a) I'm wearing the Cardinal merch? Or (b) because I'm ignoring superstition altogether (relying onthe superior talent of the Cardinals to prevail)?

Reaction score
I forgot to add. My dental hygenist is a Steeler fan and I had an appt to get my teeth cleaned this week. I don't want her touching me. I cancelled my appt till after the SB

HILARIOUS! And oh-so-smart too! Keep the Cards mojo going by avoiding any possible steeler cooties. I love it.....

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SUPER RED BEARD FOR THE SUPER RED BIRDS IN THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!!

That and wearing my Dansby jersey Brother-not-Ouchie bought me to the playoffs games.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Every morning since the day we won the NFC-West I put on my Miraculous Medal (a Catholic statement of faith for those of you in Pittsburg). I have been a fanatic about wearing it and asking blessings for the team when I put it on.

Joe Namath said his family had offensive saints and defensive saints. Pope John Paul II used to pray for the Polish national soccer team to win. Who am I to argue?

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
i have not shaved or showered in three weeks

plus i always play this video we are 8 and 1 when i do

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hCn1XXKLNY

Brother, not shaving is cool and everything but...

For the sake of those around you, especially your family, I suggest you go ahead and shower...

Another 7 days and things could start to get really funky.