VUJANIC, MILOS stats

goldseraph

Irrelevance Sucks :(
Reaction score
Looks pretty good... nice to have him in the wings. However, as well as the Suns are performing, none of our 'projects' are going to get much NBA game experience.

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Actually Vujanic's three point shooting is down from last season. Still, with CJ likely leaving, Vujanic may be useful.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
His stats are pretty good by the european "standards". Especially that his team is one of the top teams in Europe.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
George O'Brien said:
Actually Vujanic's three point shooting is down from last season. Still, with CJ likely leaving, Vujanic may be useful.

I don't see Vujanic as a replacement for CJ at all. If he can't play point guard he's useless to the Phoenix Suns IMO. I know putting him on the court at the same time as Steve Nash would be a disaster. That said, I do believe he can run an offense better than Barbosa at this point. From what I've seen he is also very, very good at running the fast break.

Joe Mama

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Milos Vujanic is NOT going to accept playing 5 minutes per game.
The only way Vujanic comes to Phoenix is if Q, Marion, or JJ is gone, thus giving him a starting position.

He can play point and off- guard equally well. He could play with Nash without any problems.

Given how well Phoenix is playing, none of those guys will be traded and Milos will stay in Europe.

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Vujanic will come to Phoenix next summer unless the Suns decide they can't use him. Reason. The longer he waits, the longer it takes for him to qualify for his second contract - the one with the real money.

Can Vujanic play the point in the NBA? Based on the games I've seen him play (regretably only a couple), the answer is yes. Like Barbosa, Vujanic has to learn to get his teammates more involved, but the Suns offense encourages that. In any case, it appears that Vujanic is good on the break and is like Nash in being able to hit that pull up jumper.

Like Nash, he Vujanic is not going to be an especially good defender. The Suns wiould have to be sure that there is a physical guard in the lineup such as JJ or Q.

Right now Casey is playing a lot of forward. Obviously Vujanic is not going to do that. However, Casey has not been giving the Suns much offense off the bench and Vujanic promises to be a source of instant offense. Depending on what the Suns do in the draft, it may be that Zarko would get the SF minutes that Casey is currently getting. Too early to tell.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Neh, Vujanic will not come. Unless he is promised 25+ minutes per game, he will not even consider it.

Now, you can limit Nash to 30 minutes per game, which leaves 18 for Vujanic as a PG, and if you can get him another 10 or so as a shooting guard, he might consider it.

Look guys, this kid is a maniac. If you thought Stephon Marbury was agressive, wait till you see this guy. I watched over fifty games and this kid does NOT stop moving and attacking. He drives to the hoop regardless of who is guarding him and who's waiting inside. He can finish, he can pass, he can do it all.

I am serious, this kid is flat out crazy. Having said that, he has a lot of pride and will not accept playing 5 or 10 minutes per game.

Stefan

coloradosun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
George O'Brien said:
Can Vujanic play the point in the NBA? Based on the games I've seen him play (regretably only a couple), the answer is yes. Like Barbosa, Vujanic has to learn to get his teammates more involved, but the Suns offense encourages that. In any case, it appears that Vujanic is good on the break and is like Nash in being able to hit that pull up jumper.
So who would you rather have Barbosa or Vujanic. If Barbosa does not improve at the point, I wouldn't mind him becoming trade bait, and give Vujanic a chance. I think with the improvement in the Suns and if some opening happen (Barbosa traded and Jacobsen moving on) Vujanic may consider coming over. To play behind and along side Nash may be enticing if we don't trade his rights first.

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
My concern here is that he's on such a great team, is the point guard, and he's only averaging 2.5 assists a game. I don't want another Stephon running the show. Looks like he's more of a 2.

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
ActingWild said:
My concern here is that he's on such a great team, is the point guard, and he's only averaging 2.5 assists a game. I don't want another Stephon running the show. Looks like he's more of a 2.

Everyone who has watched him says Vujanic is not a 2, he is a shoot first PG.

The problem is that no one knows if he CAN be a pass first PG since he is doing what his coach wants him to do - score. I looked like was more inclined to be a passer when playing for SM National team, but I did not see many games.

As for wanting 25 minutes a game, it won't happen. Almost every Euro takes time to become acclimated to the NBA. The style is so different. If he has that kind of ego, he just wouldn't make it. However, money can override ego and the chance to make serious money comes only by being in the NBA for a while.

Dan H

ASFN Addict
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
ActingWild said:

I believe assists are recorded less judiciously overseas . . . I don't have anything to back it up, but I've heard it before.

OP
OP
S

sunsfn

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, Vujanic is in the last year of a 3 year 5-6 mil deal?

There must be someone on here that can tell us the way they record assists overseas?

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I saw Vujanic he was playing shooting guard, but it seemed clear to me that he has point guard skills. I do disagree with SirStefan32 about Vujanic and Nash together. they will give up at least as many points as they score. However I do agree that Vujanic probably will not come to the Suns anytime soon. He's going to want more money and more playing time and they can give him unless they trade Barbosa.

Joe Mama

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
sunsfn said:
There must be someone on here that can tell us the way they record assists overseas?

Well, see, you practically have to give somebody the ball and they have to shoot it immediately. If you take a single step (driving to the hoop) it's not recorded. Even then, assist might not be recorded anyway. I've seen Milos play and he can distribute the ball as well as anybody. If he had a choice, he'd rather pass the ball, but he is such a good scorer that coaches want him to score.

Joe, Milos is not a defensive stopper, but he is not a huge liability either. Nash and he would give up some points, but they would be unstopable on the other end of the floor.

But you're right, he's not going to be in Phoenix next year.

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One of the guys that made some noise in the Olympics was Oberto (is that spelled right?) from Argentina. Does anyone know where he is playing and how he is doing?

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
He's in Spain, playing for Tau Victoria.

I am not sure how well he's doing this year. I know that last year he was averaging about 14 and 6 during the regular season and around 12 and 5 in Euroleague.

He's almost 30 years old though.

Stefan

meth

Rookie
Reaction score
Fabricio Oberto was playnig for TAU three years ago. Then he singed with other Spanish team Pamesa Valencia. He is 28.

Last year he played in euroleague but this year his team didn't qualify to euroleague so they are playing in Uleb cup (second best competition in europe). In ACB (Spanish league) he is averaging 14 points (~60% fg) and 7,6 rebounds, in Uleb cup (plays only 22 minutes every game - dont know why) 10,3 points and 5 rebounds.

For me he is one of the best pf/c in europe. Definetly he should play for better team. He is very quick and he has strong legs so he is very hard do stop inside the paint.

Last edited:

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Thanks for corecting me. I didn't even realize I said TAU.

Yeah, it's Valencia. He played with Tony Rigaudeau (sp)and Dejan Tomasevic last year. Not sure if they are still there though. I know they were trying to sign Rakocevic and Okulaya.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
SirStefan32 said:
Thanks for corecting me. I didn't even realize I said TAU.

Yeah, it's Valencia. He played with Tony Rigaudeau (sp)and Dejan Tomasevic last year. Not sure if they are still there though.

They are.

They signed not only Rakocevic but Robert Archibald and Alvin Jones too. They have Montecchia and Kammerichs from the argentinian national team.
Based on these additions they may be pretty mad that they failed to qualify for the Euroleague this season.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Wow, I knew they were going to get better but I didn't realize they signed so many good players. I have to get back to following European basketball again.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If what SirStef says is true (I doubt it, sorry), we might as well trade the rights to Milos now.

There is absolutely NO WAY we are going to guarantee ANY undersized shooting guard--who hasn't played one NBA minute, and there is no guarantee that he can effectively--25 minutes per game. At this moment, the Phoenix Suns are the best b-ball team in the world. No one except a bona fide NBA superstar (top 5 or so) players comes in here with a GUARANTEE of significant minutes.

We didn't guarantee Q such minutes. If that is his demand, he's a head case and we ought to deal him absolutely as soon as his stock rises above teaspoon level.

Last edited:

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Rights to Vujanic are useless. He is a superstar in Europe, much like Bodiroga was and still is to some degree. No way he is going to sit on the bench for less money than he makes in Europe.

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
SirStefan32 said:
Rights to Vujanic are useless. He is a superstar in Europe, much like Bodiroga was and still is to some degree. No way he is going to sit on the bench for less money than he makes in Europe.

My understanding is that Vujanic is making about $2 million a year. Do you have other information?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05