Walton's Foot Was on The Line

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jibikao said:
This is Plan C team. Plan A with Amare and Plan B with Kurt Thomas. this is a Plan C team and coach D has no other pieces to play with. Oh wait, you probably never thought about that....

Naw Jib, I thought about that at the outset when you guys wouldn't give the Lakers a shot in hell to beat you. It's why I was so blown away at the attitude.

Your guys aren't out of it by any stretch. I'm always afraid of the Suns being able to come back.

Funny that, don't you think? I'm the one who keeps telling you its not over, and telling you how much danger I think your team poses, yet you scoff at me and the Lakers. Respect...some of us have it, some of us don't.

zolo

Reaction score
the refs handed you that game and you guys didn't capitalize. It isn't the refs fault that you couldn't out score the lakers with kobe only playing nine minutes of the first half. If you want to blame someone for the lost, you should blame your own team. You guys should have told them to run run run run in the second quarter when kobe was MIA that whole quarter.

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score
I have enough of the call- und ref- discussions.

If LA goes on to win this series the most valuable person in it is definitely Phil Jackson.

Not by adjusting their game plan and posting up their big guys against the smaller Suns who are missing 2/3 of their starting frontcourt and have a shooting guard playing center.
No. Not for that. Even a kid with a couple of NBA2K video gaming experience would have called for that plan.

However, I think he did a hell of a job convincing the best and most selfish scorer in the league to follow the game plan.

Kobe was my only hope at the start of the series. If he would have continued to weaken his teammates by letting them feel like they were his servants, the Lakers would have been a team to beat.
Brown, Odom (MVP of the series so far), Parker and even Walton show that they are decent NBA players.

It's easy: You get envolved on offense, you play more aggresive and motivated on defense.

Had Bryant played like he used to, the Suns would be in the second round.

I really wonder what Jackson told him. Probably some stuff like he'd getting more media attention when advancing a round than putting up 40ppg.

I'm laughing about people telling Bryant is the best player in the league.

He might be the best scorer (I don't know how many points other guys would put on the scoreboard if they took as many shots as Bryant though...) but certainly not the best player or even the most valuable player.

Bryant - at 28 years - will still need to learn how to score and make his teammates better.
Something LeBron James and Kevin Garnett realized at highshool level.

If it wasn't for Shaq, this year would possibly mark the first time Bryant could get into the second round.

His teammates went 16-15 during the 2nd quarter and the Lakers struggled as soon as he came back. The Lakers were dominated by Phoenix during the regular season when Mr Wannabe Jordan scored 42ppg but and forgot about the other guys on the floor. MVP? Sure...

Errntknght

Reaction score
D-Dogg, "I don't get it. Marion's 5th and 6th fouls were both very legit. His bad for not knowing he had 5, and playing as such."

His fifth foul was a clean block on Kobe. Hubie Brown called, "Good clean block, but he got him down low." But in fact Shawn was nowhere near hitting him down low - which is normal for Shawn since he loathes body contact.

The poke away on Odom was not in such good detail as the block on Kobe, so I can't say I could see that he didn't make some contact but for sure the ball flew off in the direction Shawn poked so he hit the ball - he didn't hack down on Odom's arm and cause him to fumble it.

nowagimp

Reaction score
Errntknght said:
D-Dogg, "I don't get it. Marion's 5th and 6th fouls were both very legit. His bad for not knowing he had 5, and playing as such."

His fifth foul was a clean block on Kobe. Hubie Brown called, "Good clean block, but he got him down low." But in fact Shawn was nowhere near hitting him down low - which is normal for Shawn since he loathes body contact.

The poke away on Odom was not in such good detail as the block on Kobe, so I can't say I could see that he didn't make some contact but for sure the ball flew off in the direction Shawn poked so he hit the ball - he didn't hack down on Odom's arm and cause him to fumble it.
I saw the game in HDTV, it was a beautiful block, all ball, no evidence of body contact on the replay. It was like some of the phantom calls that Lebron got against the wizards. If Ben Wallace makes that play, no call 9/10 times.

jibikao

Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
Naw Jib, I thought about that at the outset when you guys wouldn't give the Lakers a shot in hell to beat you. It's why I was so blown away at the attitude.

Your guys aren't out of it by any stretch. I'm always afraid of the Suns being able to come back.

Funny that, don't you think? I'm the one who keeps telling you its not over, and telling you how much danger I think your team poses, yet you scoff at me and the Lakers. Respect...some of us have it, some of us don't.

What attitude? The attitude that Suns can beat Laker with 8-0 record when Nash is in the lineup? You are enjoying this don't you. :)

Yes, we are out. Just look at the Magic Footstep picture. We can't beat that.

bko32

Registered
Reaction score
golfcardfan said:
lakers fans are so freakin dumb!!! How you can possibly take any and I mean any pride from these victorys that have been handed to you by the NBA is a flat out joke. If your coaches name was not Phil Jackson and Kobe did not get treated so one sided this is not even a series. Go freakin die somewhere your ******** laker fans you have been given a first round series period!

that's right, kobe is being treated so one-sided. that's why he picked up 3 fouls in the first half and had to sit the majority of the second quarter. :rolleyes: the suns shouldn't have even allowed the lakers to get into ot. it was nash's turnover at the end of regulation that cost the suns the game.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
it was nash's turnover at the end of regulation that cost the suns the game.

Translation: If one team makes a critical error, the other team should be allowed to cheat in order to win. Because you just can't make a mistake like that.

bko32

Registered
Reaction score
elindholm said:
it was nash's turnover at the end of regulation that cost the suns the game.

Translation: If one team makes a critical error, the other team should be allowed to cheat in order to win. Because you just can't make a mistake like that.

how was this play cheating? nash slipped on his own, parker poked the ball away and the lakers scored. once again, how was THIS play cheating?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was a great on the ball play by Smush at the end of regulation. Frankly, I'm suprised the Suns played so tough in OT after that regulation ending.

This series is far from over...not even I thought the Lakers could backdoor sweep, even with the great gameplan. I hope the Lakers close out tonight, but I expect a monster war in LA in Game 6.

bko32

Registered
Reaction score
also, regarding kwame getting ejected from the game from his taunting of diaw, here's an excerpt from the nba rulebook:

A PLAYER(S) GUILTY OF TAUNTING MUST BE SINGLED OUT AND PENALIZED. If a previous unsportsmanlike act has been committed and if this situation is BLATANT, a technical foul must be assessed and the guilty player(s) must be ejected.

1. kwame was guilty of taunting, was singled out and penalized with a technical foul.

2. there was no previous unsportsmanlike conduct on kwame's part, thus the reason for why he was not ejected.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
nash slipped on his own, parker poked the ball away and the lakers scored. once again, how was THIS play cheating?

Not that play. As I recall, the outcome at the end of regulation was that the game was tied. Should the Suns have simply walked off the floor then, and forfeited the overtime period to the Lakers? Or were they allowed, in spite of their collapse, to try to go ahead and win the next five minutes?

LakerReign

Reaction score
As I've posted before, I'll say it again. The Suns will win tonight and win the series.

If this series(which it will) goes back to LA for game 6, you can rest assured there will be a game 7. Kobe in a pressure game 6, will not, and I repeat WILL NOT, rely on his teammates to win it. He will resort to his old ways and jack up shot after shot because he knows they will lose in Phoenix in game 7. There is no way he believes in Brown, Smush, and Luke to carry them through in a game 6. Tonight is the night. Kobe knows it. His teammates know it. PJ(Phil Jackson) knows it. If the Suns pull through tonight, then the series truly begins. Mark my words.

jibikao

Reaction score
LakerReign said:
As I've posted before, I'll say it again. The Suns will win tonight and win the series.

If this series(which it will) goes back to LA for game 6, you can rest assured there will be a game 7. Kobe in a pressure game 6, will not, and I repeat WILL NOT, rely on his teammates to win it. He will resort to his old ways and jack up shot after shot because he knows they will lose in Phoenix in game 7. There is no way he believes in Brown, Smush, and Luke to carry them through in a game 6. Tonight is the night. Kobe knows it. His teammates know it. PJ(Phil Jackson) knows it. If the Suns pull through tonight, then the series truly begins. Mark my words.
Kobe can lose, refs won't allow it. He is the FACE of NBA. Last year both Kobe and Lebron weren't in the playoffs. I wonder what's the ratings for playoffs? I can't imagine it being very high. I know I quitted watching after Suns lost. I had no desire to watch Spurs.

This team has quitted, the way Nash and coach D put it "not meant to be". sigh.

Who are you anyway?? A closet Suns fan or a Suns fan with the a Laker name? What's your intention?

Last edited:

LakerReign

Reaction score
I'm actually a Laker fan with a Laker name. The only reason I'm saying the Suns will win is because I've watched the self destructive ways of my team all year. Kobe as a one man show. There is no way this Suns team should lose this series. Look at the games and how close they are and yet, the Suns type of basketball has not been displayed so far. Tonight they will right the ship.

As far as what kind of fan am I, I guess the easiest way to explain it is like this, If I were a Memphis Grizzly fan, I still would have said before the series with Dallas began, that the Mavs were gonna win. Does it make me a closet Mavs fan? No. Does it make me a worse Grizzly fan? It shouldn't, because at that point, it should be obvious that I don't just have a blinded biased opinion of my team. I thought with my head not my heart. If I were a Detroit fan, I would have picked Detroit to win, but not because I love 'em but because thinking about it logically, they were the better team in the series.

Just because I'm a Laker fan doesn't mean I have to ride Kobe's jock, or believe they will go 82-0, or agree with all the moves of the team, or all the views of Laker fans. I simply call it as I see it. This Laker team, or rather, if it makes you feel better, my Laker team is not very good, so it surprises me that they are up 3-1 right now. But it is still my belief that the Suns are going to pull out with a win in the series.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LakerReign said:

Nice troll job Suns fan...you've had a good run. But try harder next time.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
Nice troll job Suns fan...you've had a good run. But try harder next time.

Why is he a troll Suns fan? Because you disagree with him? Come on, D-Dogg, you're a bigger man that that...

Granted, it is an odd opinion coming from a Laker fan, but stranger things have happened.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Why is he a troll Suns fan? Because you disagree with him? Come on, D-Dogg, you're a bigger man that that...

Granted, it is an odd opinion coming from a Laker fan, but stranger things have happened.

[/musical note] I'm hooked on a feelin' [/musical note]

I dunno, he came on talking about how the Lakers are lucky to be in this position (they are) but also about how Kobe's going to go ballhog on us all of the sudden. Every time.

He's either a Suns fan in sheep's clothing, or a Laker fan who doesn't understand playoff basketball.

Hell, I'm scared about tonight's game, but I'm not predicting that the Suns win out if they win tonight...a game in Staples will be a battle to close out. If it goes 7, the Suns probably win. But to call a loss, then a Staples loss while NEVER acknowledging the Laker's new gameplan and saying it's just going to be Kobe time and we lose is pretty much a tell-tale troll, IMO. Do you really disagree?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I agree it's a strange opinion, but we all have them. And it's not like he's calling anyone out and telling them they're idiots or anything, right?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
I agree it's a strange opinion, but we all have them. And it's not like he's calling anyone out and telling them they're idiots or anything, right?

Not yet, but this is the Internets, and I don't trust 'em.

However, he could be a Shaq fan. They have a great deal of hate for Kobe and would probably say he'd never go for the team game to win. So we've got three options...Laker Fan with no bball knowledge, Suns fan trolling, or bitter Shaq fan.

I wouldn't want to be in any of those shoes.

jibikao

Reaction score
LakerReign said:
I'm actually a Laker fan with a Laker name. The only reason I'm saying the Suns will win is because I've watched the self destructive ways of my team all year. Kobe as a one man show. There is no way this Suns team should lose this series. Look at the games and how close they are and yet, the Suns type of basketball has not been displayed so far. Tonight they will right the ship.

As far as what kind of fan am I, I guess the easiest way to explain it is like this, If I were a Memphis Grizzly fan, I still would have said before the series with Dallas began, that the Mavs were gonna win. Does it make me a closet Mavs fan? No. Does it make me a worse Grizzly fan? It shouldn't, because at that point, it should be obvious that I don't just have a blinded biased opinion of my team. I thought with my head not my heart. If I were a Detroit fan, I would have picked Detroit to win, but not because I love 'em but because thinking about it logically, they were the better team in the series.

Just because I'm a Laker fan doesn't mean I have to ride Kobe's jock, or believe they will go 82-0, or agree with all the moves of the team, or all the views of Laker fans. I simply call it as I see it. This Laker team, or rather, if it makes you feel better, my Laker team is not very good, so it surprises me that they are up 3-1 right now. But it is still my belief that the Suns are going to pull out with a win in the series.

Hey, don't get me wrong. I just thought maybe you are one of the Suns fans trying to play a trick or something. Kinda funny to me.

The bad news is Phil Jackson won't allow Kobe to play the one-man show!

LakerReign

Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
[/musical note] I'm hooked on a feelin' [/musical note]

I dunno, he came on talking about how the Lakers are lucky to be in this position (they are) but also about how Kobe's going to go ballhog on us all of the sudden. Every time.

He's either a Suns fan in sheep's clothing, or a Laker fan who doesn't understand playoff basketball.

Hell, I'm scared about tonight's game, but I'm not predicting that the Suns win out if they win tonight...a game in Staples will be a battle to close out. If it goes 7, the Suns probably win. But to call a loss, then a Staples loss while NEVER acknowledging the Laker's new gameplan and saying it's just going to be Kobe time and we lose is pretty much a tell-tale troll, IMO. Do you really disagree?

Tell me, what I don't know about basketball? Generally, when someone makes a statement like that, they back it up. So, please elaborate, o wise one, on how I don't know playoff basketball.

And of course you're scared of tonight's game, and of course you're not going to go all the way and say the Suns win out. That would mean YOU would have to pick a side of the fence and not just stand there teetering on the ledge without any courage or real conviction either way. You see, its people like you that are the true wolves in sheeps clothing, because you never have the courage to pick a side but try to condemn those who do.

Why not make a stance and stick with it? Oh the Lakers are lucky to be here, oh the Suns won't win out, oh, I'm scared of tonights game. Pick a side already and lets debate. Or maybe you're just like those other dogs whose bark is worse than its bite.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05