Warner would have gone for 5 Td's

Grand Canon

Rookie
Reaction score
All of you praising McCown realize this and Thiesman was all over it- He has open recievers and just doesnt see them- when you have those oppertunites in the NFL you have to take advantage- it just so happens we played the worst team in the NFL last night who were missing all but one of the starting secondary and their top defensive player Julian Petersen.
It is unreal people that your are happy with Josh. He was benched last year for the same reason- he misses wide open people-

For reference Bledsoe threw for 363 against the same 49ers- :ais:

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Grand Canon said:
All of you praising McCown realize this and Thiesman was all over it- He has open recievers and just doesnt see them- when you have those oppertunites in the NFL you have to take advantage- it just so happens we played the worst team in the NFL last night who were missing all but one of the starting secondary and their top defensive player Julian Petersen.
It is unreal people that your are happy with Josh. He was benched last year for the same reason- he misses wide open people-

For reference Bledsoe threw for 363 against the same 49ers- :ais:
:thumbup:

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
Warner wouldn't have been able to make the plays Josh made with his legs, but Warner also may have just eaten it and not fumbled on the first play.

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
As of now McCown has one more TD than Warner in fewer games.

Did he miss some open WR's? Yep

So has Warner......

Is McCown the saviour? I don't think so but I am gonna root for him as long as he wears Cardinal Red!!!

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just because I think Josh did well does not mean I think Kurt is done.

Kurt is far more accurate than Josh, but Josh is more mobile. With our line maybe Josh [if he can hold it together], might be better.

I say might because Kurt looked pretty good to me while under immenase pressure

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're right - Warner was lighting up the scoreboard every week... :|

stewdog1

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
GC,

You are very correct. Very few of the plays the McCown made with his legs produced anything of value. 75% or more of the passes on the rollout were incomplete or intentionally thrown away.

Warner would have shredded that secondary and would have made everyone around here dreaming about his MVP days.

Say what you want about Warner, but he can step up in the pocket as well as anyone.

stewdog1

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
You're right - Warner was lighting up the scoreboard every week... :|

Receivers dropping balls, and false start/holding penalties is all Warners fault.

Amazing what you can do when you OL does not get a single false start penalty all night.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats the point the OL played better last night and it showed in Josh's performance.

If they were solid that Warner would be by far the best choice but they aren't so maybe the mobility helps. Regardless we will see over the next few weeks if Josh can handle it.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
This is why I am not going to jump to any conclusions until after McCown plays against Carolina.

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
stewdog1 said:
Receivers dropping balls, and false start/holding penalties is all Warners fault.

Amazing what you can do when you OL does not get a single false start penalty all night.
Ha....the Cards must have thought they went to OZ rather than Mexico last night....Not one single false start penalty....next Sunday its there is no place like home, no place like home...ha I will not say bad things about Kurt, but give Josh his due. Kurt might not have made it past that first sack and fumble. He is that fragile.

gamebird98

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We will find out in December. Somebody post and stickey last nights stats, and we will compare them with Warners in December.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MrY said:
you'd think we lost

Ain't that the truth? I guess some of the fans are so used to losing, they don't know how to celebrate when we win. Gotta be a terrible way to go through life.

stewdog1

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
40yearfan said:
Ain't that the truth? I guess some of the fans are so used to losing, they don't know how to celebrate when we win. Gotta be a terrible way to go through life.

I'm ecstatic we won, but there is this thing called perspective.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
clif said:
freakin haters
Why is it "hating" to think that we could have done better? Can't you be a fan and have it both ways: happy for the win and also curious about "coulda been?"

I think it would have been a different game with Warner in there. I think he would have fumbled just the same as Josh on that first play, so that's not at issue.

I do think that Warner might have had 400+ yards and 3+ TDs, but he wouldn't have been able to make some of the plays that McCown did with his feet--we would have been sacked more, but we also would have finished with more points.

That said, if Josh keeps the offense clicking, there's no reason to mess with it and go back to Warner. It'll be interesting to see if he can against the Panthers. If he can put up 275 and a TD I'll be really happy.

OP
OP
G

Grand Canon

Rookie
Reaction score
I agree- I am not hating I love the game- love that we won- but I also like to be realistic- I remember being young and thinking Stan Gelbaugh was the answer.... I just wish that Warner was available for that game so he could have got a little more confidence... in the line and overall

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Pariah said:
Why is it "hating" to think that we could have done better? Can't you be a fan and have it both ways: happy for the win and also curious about "coulda been?"

I think it would have been a different game with Warner in there. I think he would have fumbled just the same as Josh on that first play, so that's not at issue.

I do think that Warner might have had 400+ yards and 3+ TDs, but he wouldn't have been able to make some of the plays that McCown did with his feet--we would have been sacked more, but we also would have finished with more points.

That said, if Josh keeps the offense clicking, there's no reason to mess with it and go back to Warner. It'll be interesting to see if he can against the Panthers. If he can put up 275 and a TD I'll be really happy.

There is curiousity and then there is just plain old bitching. Some people are just going out of there way to find fault and complain about something it seems.

No one is suggesting we are going to the Super Bowl after beating the 9er's. But it was a solid performance and win. People jumping up and down and saying 'IT WAS JUST THE NINER'S' are chugging the haterade and can't seem to be happy even after a win.

spanky1

Reaction score
Pariah said:

McCown will better those numbers next Sunday.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Oh for the love of ... can we stop this crap already?

I hate this mindnumbing crap. QB play is just one factor of a team sport, anyone who thinks otherwise is an NFL dunce. The lineman need to block, the WRs have to run the right routes and catch the ball, etc.

This neverending crap about the QB as if it were the only position on the field has got to stop.

Warner might have thrown for more yardage/TDs ... we don't know. Thats the end of the debate because he wasn't playing yesterday and the rest is just speculatory.

But for those who still want to go through this crap anyway by making comparisons ... Bulger threw for over 420 yards against the Giants and Eli Manning threw 4 TDs against that vaunted St. Louis Rams Defense. If he did lesser against those 2 opponents, what makes you so sure that he could've out performed Josh in this game? Welcome to reality folks, the truth of the matter is we don't know

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Redsz said:
There is curiousity and then there is just plain old bitching. Some people are just going out of there way to find fault and complain about something it seems.

No one is suggesting we are going to the Super Bowl after beating the 9er's. But it was a solid performance and win. People jumping up and down and saying 'IT WAS JUST THE NINER'S' are chugging the haterade and can't seem to be happy even after a win.

The counter is that people suggesting Josh should replace Warner because of last night's game might just be chugging the koolaide?

We had people saying Warner wants Josh to fail when we all saw and heard him explaining to Josh what the FS was doing and how to exploit it.

People over react on both sides, and it bothers us depending on what side we're on.

I'm sure everyone is happy we won, but realistically we probably see 2 teams this year comparble to that team, SF the 2nd time, and maybe tennessee.

Wild Card

Surfin' Bird
Reaction score
Pariah said:
... if Josh keeps the offense clicking, there's no reason to mess with it and go back to Warner.

Pariah:

Absolutely right. I've never been a fan of the old "not lose your job through injury" thing. If a starter gets hurt, and the backup plays better in his absence, guess what? You've got a new starter. Ask Bill Belichick how sorry he is that he stuck with Tom Brady after Drew Bledsoe was once again healthy enough to play.

But one win against the worst defense in the league does not a starter make. Or shouldn't. So let's be happy about the Cardinals getting their first win of the season, and save anointing Josh McCown as this franchise's savior for another day. :thumbup:

WC

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05