Warriors at Suns 2/6

Reaction score
Do you not remember the last Pistons game? Granted Shaq had 12 because of being ejected, but he was DOMINATING. Amare had 29 in that game too...
He played 13 min. I fail to see how 13 min, proves anything especially considering Amare was probably only out there for like 6 of those minutes.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about Jrich. 24 points or more in 3 straight games. Did someone tell JRich to go get his or something? They are not really running plays to him and he has been a scoring machine.

The other thing I noticed is how active JRich has been in the passing lanes. He has had alot of steals lately. He didn't get any tonight I think but has had 7 in the last two games.

Either Porter has figured out how to use JRich all of the sudden or JRich has decided to take it upon himself to get more involved. Whatever it is...I like it.

cly2tw

Reaction score
I just realized how many times his teammates were fighting Amare for rebounds. Hill foult him over-the-back that resulted into a def. rebound going out of bound.

Makeplays

Rookie
Reaction score
Amare not forcing things? Do you even watch him play? All he does is force things! It's the only thing he knows how to do! Oh, and yelling "and one" like an idiot every time he puts a shot up.

Amare Stoudemire is quite possibly the most disappointing Suns player in history. That's saying a lot.

I've noticed the "and one" thing too. Amare facing the basket is a scripted, road map to defend.

Stutter-step, go to the right, knee up, charge.

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Chap, the spot of most disappointing Sun is permanently reserved for Richard Dumas.

I'll say that it looks like Amare just doesn't know what to do when Shaq is out there. He becomes passive and just watches (as does the rest of the team) when we throw it down to Shaq. When Amare gets the ball, it's at the elbow and Shaq is underneath, taking away the drive.

I'm of the opinion that we're a better team with a focused Amare, minus Shaq, than the other way around.

Get rid of Porter and trade Shaq to the Lakers. This team before Shaq (and a disgruntled Marion) was a blast to watch and gelled really well. I find it hard to believe that Amare and Nash really have problems. As they say, winning fixes everything and the only difference I see on this team is Porter. Porter just doesn't have "it" as a head coach. He might be a nice guy but he simply does not inspire. Listening to him speak during timeouts in the huddle is flat out annoying. He just points out the obvious "Good job guys, good energy." or "We need more energy." or "Nice shirts, I like that they're all tucked in." I've yet to hear him say anything in a huddle about "Watch this player, he's doing this. Drop down into a zone if this guy goes here." That and he just seems to lack "fire".

nowagimp

Reaction score
Chap, the spot of most disappointing Sun is permanently reserved for Richard Dumas.

I'll say that it looks like Amare just doesn't know what to do when Shaq is out there. He becomes passive and just watches (as does the rest of the team) when we throw it down to Shaq. When Amare gets the ball, it's at the elbow and Shaq is underneath, taking away the drive.

I'm of the opinion that we're a better team with a focused Amare, minus Shaq, than the other way around.

Yep, all the amare bashing and the team uses him as a jump shooter, because shaqs presence staqnmding down low takes away amares effectiveness finishing in the lane. Funny, but that didnt happen last year with DA, who used amare as the first option and tried to keep shaq out of the lane area.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No way. :D

Dumas certainly was disappointing, but he was never a player of Amare's caliber at any time.
I beg to differ. RD was on a team chock full of offensive stars ala KJ,Barkley,Majerle,Ainge,Chambers, C.C. etc... and still found way's to score in a variety of ways as well as play much better defense than Amare ever has to this point. Dumas could've been a flat out NBA STUD at SF for the next 10 yrs if he hadn't thrown it all away.
Actually, i think the Dumas story probably ranks up there with one of the most dissappointing NBA stories of the last 20 yrs. Phenominal talent.
Amare certainly ranks up there though....

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I beg to differ. RD was on a team chock full of offensive stars ala KJ,Barkley,Majerle,Ainge,Chambers, C.C. etc... and still found way's to score in a variety of ways as well as play much better defense than Amare ever has to this point. Dumas could've been a flat out NBA STUD at SF for the next 10 yrs if he hadn't thrown it all away.
Actually, i think the Dumas story probably ranks up there with one of the most dissappointing NBA stories of the last 20 yrs. Phenominal talent.
Amare certainly ranks up there though....

Come on. He had a ton of potential, but I don't think there was anybody in the league (except maybe you and few other Suns fans) that thought Dumas was a superstar in the making. Amare had that title for quite some time, especially right before the microfracture and a year after his return from it.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Come on. He had a ton of potential, but I don't think there was anybody in the league (except maybe you and few other Suns fans) that thought Dumas was a superstar in the making. Amare had that title for quite some time, especially right before the microfracture and a year after his return from it.
That's bologna Chap. I can't prove that obviously:D, but i specifically remember watching nationally televised SUNS games circa '93 and NBA people were like: "Who is this guy?" "Where's he been?"
Also, we're talking about the most dissappointing right? Aside from missing an entire season due to injury Amare hasn't exactly been a monumental dissappointment. The fact that Stat hasn't developed the other half of his game is dissappointing, but the fact that Dumas came out of nowhere and was exhibiting all-star talent only to ultimately throw it all away for a crack pipe was the definition of dissappointment IMO.
I assume you're old enough to have actually witnessed RD play right?
If so we'll just have to agree2disagree i guess.

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
While I've been disappointed that Amare hasn't been able to play defense or rebound, he's been an All-star. Dumas on the other hand came out of no where as a rookie and looked like the next Superstar...as witnessed by his performance in Game 5 of the NBA finals (again, this was his rookie year before he imploded from crack). As much as Amare's defense is lacking, it doesn't come close to comparing the let down that was Richard Dumas. (skip forward a couple minutes to get past the introduction of the game)

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Wow, I had forgotten how good that team was. They look so organized on offense. Thanks for posting the clip.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
I forgot that was his rookie season too. He was bound to be an allstar. What a fkup

nowagimp

Reaction score

Dumas had an incredible skill set and was still developing. He shot 57% FG's(16ppg?) against the bulls in the finals, scoring consistently against the likes of MJ and scottie. He was also a good defender. Without him, the suns get shut out out of that series. I was sure he'd be a perrenial all star for years. I agree with Mojo on this one, Dumas was one of the top young guys in the NBA in potential.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
That's bologna Chap. I can't prove that obviously:D, but i specifically remember watching nationally televised SUNS games circa '93 and NBA people were like: "Who is this guy?" "Where's he been?"
Also, we're talking about the most dissappointing right? Aside from missing an entire season due to injury Amare hasn't exactly been a monumental dissappointment. The fact that Stat hasn't developed the other half of his game is dissappointing, but the fact that Dumas came out of nowhere and was exhibiting all-star talent only to ultimately throw it all away for a crack pipe was the definition of dissappointment IMO.

Of course I saw Dumas play. And again, he had a lot of potential--but asking who the guy is does not make him a star. He had star potential--but we'll never know if he would have realized that potential. When he finally got clean, it's not like he became a superstar in the ABA or anything. He wasn't even around long enough in the NBA to proclaim him anything other than a potential talent.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Dumas had an incredible skill set and was still developing. He shot 57% FG's(16ppg?) against the bulls in the finals, scoring consistently against the likes of MJ and scottie. He was also a good defender. Without him, the suns get shut out out of that series. I was sure he'd be a perrenial all star for years. I agree with Mojo on this one, Dumas was one of the top young guys in the NBA in potential.

...and we should have kept Steven Hunter, right?