Washington Commanders @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread. 09/23/24-09/28/24

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I said let’s see IF they’ve eclipsed us… as in it’s an unknown if they’re already better than us and a head to head matchup will give us an idea where both teams are. Never mentioned anything about the playoffs.
I know that my guy. That’s why I asked you.

They could win H2H & still finish with a worse record. The “eclipse” won’t be obvious until the end of the season.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I know that my guy. That’s why I asked you.

They could win H2H & still finish with a worse record. The “eclipse” won’t be obvious until the end of the season.
They could also eclipse us by just winning 5 games if we only win 4. Playoffs are kinda irrelevant.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
For me, this is a more important game for AZ than last week was vs Detroit. I can tolerate being beat by a more talented roster and a team that has already learned how to win big games. I can't tolerate losing to a team with a rookie QB, less talent, and a similar recent history of losing.

Kinda a no win scenario for Monti, Gannon and Kyler in that they should win, so less credit for a win than blame for a loss.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
More than anything, it’s a must win to show progression from last year. We played some good teams last year tough too, but we still lost to a lot of bad teams. That needs to be the first thing that changes with any team. Beat the teams your favored to beat, especially at home.
I agree with your statement, but, are we favored to win this game?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ok. Explain to me how Kliff was a hinderance to Kyler as an offensive coach/scheme BUT causes worry when we play against him as an offensive coach/scheme?
It’s more-so that I was worried Jayden was going to have his coming-out party against us like Tua did in 2020.

Weirdly enough, I feel better that it happened right before us so the team knows what to expect.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It’s more-so that I was worried Jayden was going to have his coming-out party against us like Tua did in 2020.

Weirdly enough, I feel better that it happened right before us so the team knows what to expect.
Ok. That makes sense. I appreciate you not taking offense to the question, and clarifying your position.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
For me, this is a more important game for AZ than last week was vs Detroit. I can tolerate being beat by a more talented roster and a team that has already learned how to win big games. I can't tolerate losing to a team with a rookie QB, less talent, and a similar recent history of losing.

Kinda a no win scenario for Monti, Gannon and Kyler in that they should win, so less credit for a win than blame for a loss.

The biggest problem I had with the Detroit game was Murray airmailing passes instead of going through his progressions. The O-line gave him a ton of time, he was jittery as hell for no apparent reason. That’s concerning, but we’ll see which Kyler we get this week, the baller from week 2, or the dude throwing Madden balls from week 3.

For our defense, i think they hold against Washington. They’ve been solid so far this year. I just worry our corners may be due to be exposed. We’ve been playing soft zone a bunch and our secondary has been playing good fundamentals, so I don’t think they’ll be beat deep anytime soon. But it only takes one confused rookie to blow an assignment and leave a WR streaking down the field unaccompanied. I’m hoping that’s not this week.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The biggest problem I had with the Detroit game was Murray airmailing passes instead of going through his progressions. The O-line gave him a ton of time, he was jittery as hell for no apparent reason. That’s concerning, but we’ll see which Kyler we get this week, the baller from week 2, or the dude throwing Madden balls from week 3.

For our defense, i think they hold against Washington. They’ve been solid so far this year. I just worry our corners may be due to be exposed. We’ve been playing soft zone a bunch and our secondary has been playing good fundamentals, so I don’t think they’ll be beat deep anytime soon. But it only takes one confused rookie to blow an assignment and leave a WR streaking down the field unaccompanied. I’m hoping that’s not this week.
Sure, we didn't play our best vs a good team, but that is frosting on the cake for me this year. What I am looking for is how we are doing vs teams who have worse situations or talent than we do (our are at least perceived that way). Rams were beat up and we beat them. Good. Commanders have a rookie QB and what most people on here have argued, a joke of an offense. Also, not a ton of roster talent. We should win this game by a FG at least.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

This must be what it's like for the Chiefs in every game

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with your statement, but, are we favored to win this game?
Yes, by 3.5 at the moment. I would guess the money moves onto Washington and it drops to about pick em by Sunday.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Yes, by 3.5 at the moment. I would guess the money moves onto Washington and it drops to about pick em by Sunday.
That's a huge amount of movement. Vegas doesn't really like to move the line through a score. Maybe it drops to 2.5 points?

According the Bet MGM, 73% of the spread bets are on Washington, but two-thirds of the ML bets are on the Cards.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kliff currently has Daniels rushing the ball about 13 times a game. He is going ruin this kid like the Redskins did to RG3 his rookie season if he isn't careful.

That said with the issues that he Cardinals had containing Josh Allen a couple of weeks ago, containing Daniels will definitely be a big concern for the Cardinals D this week.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
SKins have the worst pass defense in the league by some distance

You must be registered for see images attach

602 Native

Veteran
Reaction score
Should be a fight but I am worried about their run game against our D. They have some horses in the backfield.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05