Way too Early 2024 Cardinals Record Prediction post schedule release

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought the highest possible ceiling for this team would be 10 wins, but that was based on at least some hopium that BJ and Robinson could developed into some kind of impact players on D.

Now with one of them done for the year and another for an undisclosed amount of time, I’m seeing 8 as the tops.

Most likely… another 6-11, ho hum Cardinals season, like so many seasons we’ve seen before.

The only way a 6-11 season can be judged to have any success is if the O plays lights out and just loses shootouts. If that’s how the season plays out, at least I can go into the offseason believing we’ve righted the ship on one side of the ball and the other is just a couple impact players away.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Bick hits the nail on the head here:

"The Titanic was constructed in 26 months. A Chinese skyscraper was built in 19 days. It should not take a serious NFL franchise three years to build a playoff team. Not if you claim to have an impact quarterback on your roster.

The Arizona Cardinals seem to be on a different timeline. Despite buzzy local optimism and a majority of fans who expect 8-9 victories in 2024, the Cardinals are sending clear signals that they need more time. To wit:

They remain flush with salary cap space, among league leaders with over $31.3 million of spending money. Yet they have very few impact players on their roster and seem completely disinterested in acquiring pricey pieces for their chessboard."

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

"The Titanic was constructed in 26 months. A Chinese skyscraper was built in 19 days. It should not take a serious NFL franchise three years to build a playoff team. Not if you claim to have an impact quarterback on your roster.

The Arizona Cardinals seem to be on a different timeline. Despite buzzy local optimism and a majority of fans who expect 8-9 victories in 2024, the Cardinals are sending clear signals that they need more time. To wit:

They remain flush with salary cap space, among league leaders with over $31.3 million of spending money. Yet they have very few impact players on their roster and seem completely disinterested in acquiring pricey pieces for their chessboard."
I don't disagree with his message but I lose interest in anyone that uses that kind of logic, it's right up there with "we can put a man on the moon how come we can't cure cancer or whatever".

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't disagree with his message but I lose interest in anyone that uses that kind of logic, it's right up there with "we can put a man on the moon how come we can't cure cancer or whatever".
I'll pass on ever entering a skyscraper that was built in only 19 days... NO THANKS! :)

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Maybe patience is the smart play for now. Maybe this team needs another heavy influx of productive draft picks to compensate for the fruitless and barren years from general manager Steve Keim.

agree

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The goal of the MOJG administration is to build SUSTAINABLE success over a longer stretch of time, and not necessarily a team that makes the playoffs for a year or two, and then crashes to rock bottom & has to start all over again. I can show you examples from the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s, 90’s, and all the way up to the Kingsbury regime where they have made the playoffs and then fell off a cliff. No, they didn’t make the playoffs in the 60’s, but that’s only because wildcard berths didn’t exist. But, even back then they would go 9-3-2, just miss the playoffs & then go 4-9-1 the next season. So, I’m ALL in on doing whatever it takes to build and SUSTAIN playoff runs, as opposed to bandaid a roster for short term success. If it takes a 3rd year, then I’m fine with that. And Bidwill feels the same way. All you have to do is go back and listen to his presser when he first hired MO. Carry on.

Last edited:

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Maybe patience is the smart play for now. Maybe this team needs another heavy influx of productive draft picks to compensate for the fruitless and barren years from general manager Steve Keim.

agree
pretty much agree as well. Always thought this was a true 3 year overhaul. YR1 was all about a reset across many areas from front office to the field, purge the deadwood. This year was building on the new culture and strive for respectability with a winning season knowing they are improved but still need some positional upgrades. 2025 all bets are off and playoffs is well within reach, and includes being strategically aggressive targeting a top FA or two.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Revised - post preseason

Close games mostly but no cigar and little competition for the best worst team in the NFL.

A 0-8 start will kill the moral for the next stretch of games 2-7. Picking first in the draft.

2-15, man that was hard write:mrgreen:

still a fan…
0-8…That would be a major buzz kill

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
A rookie missing the first 4 (hopefully) and an OLB out for the season who had 1 sack in his last 6 games doesn’t change my prediction, still 9-8. I do expect us to start 3-5 then finish 6-3.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

I mean, yeah. Spot on.

I firmly believe Monti is working under a cash cap imposed by MB. Nothing else makes sense to me.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The goal of the MOJG administration is to build SUSTAINABLE success over a longer stretch of time, and not necessarily a team that makes the playoffs for a year or two, and then crashes to rock bottom & has to start all over again. I can show you examples from the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s, 90’s, and all the way up to the Kingsbury regime where they have made the playoffs and then fell off a cliff. No, they didn’t make the playoffs in the 60’s, but that’s only because wildcard berths didn’t exist. But, even back then they would go 9-3-2, just miss the playoffs & then go 4-9-1 the next season. So, I’m ALL in on doing whatever it takes to build and SUSTAIN playoff runs, as opposed to bandaid a roster for short term success. If it takes a 3rd year, then I’m fine with that. And Bidwill feels the same way. All you have to do is go back and listen to his presser when he first hired MO. Carry on.
It's not a black and white "If you try early for the playoffs you're throwing away sustained success." It's not hard to make the playoffs these days, especially in the NFC. We could easily have done more to be competitive without in the least way risking long-term development. Easily.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
7-8 wins.

If we land 10 wins then Kyler is MVP, Marv is already a top 3 WR in the league, McBride is the best TE in the league, we end up top 3 in rushing & the defense ends up being surprise of the year.