We don't have the money to compete; judge us when we have our own stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Whatever. If having a coronary five days into a weak FA market makes you feel better then have at it.

Mao put it best, "The moral of the story is - As long as Mike Bidwill and Rod Graves really, really want to win we should all be happy with 5-11 seasons and no improvement despite having a ton of manuevering capability." Apparently you have little problem with this, many of us do. There's always one excuse or the other for failure, some are able to overcome these things and succeed, and others aren't. I find it hard to believe a fan of a team wouldn't be more annoyed when we're setting up for failure again.

Slacker

Rookie
Reaction score
Winning solves everything. You think FA's are lining up to come to play for the Cards? Come on. If we can get a winning season together that would be great. String a few together and we may have something. Then maybe FA's will look to the Cards. Until that happens we are losers with some money to spend. Guess what? Most of the winners have money to spend also. Where would you go?

The truth hurts but we would have to overpay to get everyone we wanted in here. That just isn't going to happen.

Let's get some W's.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
BTW, no one adressed my point about the coaches' salaries. We are hiring much better assistants and that is a direct result of the stadium revenue, IMO.

Whis I think is getting the same as DG but we seem to be spending more on assts then before...especially Grimm.

Graves is a coach killer.

Hopefully, Whis wins in spite of Graves.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Winning solves everything. You think FA's are lining up to come to play for the Cards? Come on. If we can get a winning season together that would be great. String a few together and we may have something. Then maybe FA's will look to the Cards. Until that happens we are losers with some money to spend. Guess what? Most of the winners have money to spend also. Where would you go?

The truth hurts but we would have to overpay to get everyone we wanted in here. That just isn't going to happen.

Let's get some W's.

Ah...the old catch 22.

Need good players to win but good players won't come until we win.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with the Stadium. As long as the NFL has revenue sharing, owners like the Bidwills will use it as a cruch to line their pockets. They said things would change now that they have a stadium.

Well last time I check we still had cap space last year. Last time I checked we still have only signed 1 free agent. Last time I checked the Whiz is paid about 1/2 million below the NFL head coaching average. Though I give them credit for paying Russ a cool million.

I am still holding out hope about this year. However, if we go into next season with all this cap space, I hope those that keep shouting the "Cry of the Bidwill" as Stout stated finally take our owner for what he is.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
FA is 5 days old, let's give up! Jeez, if being a fan is so painful then quit. If you don't like the way a particular business is run then it is your right not to patronize said business.

The Bidwills have hung on to our most talented players and they ate the last year of Denny's contract to bring in Whis and then they paid Grimm $1 million-a-year. I guess because we didn't use all our cap room on Clements or Adalius Thomas our season is doomed!

All this wailing and gnashing of teeth at this time is really pointless.

And our starting LT is going to be???

Yeah, I keep asking that of the people ripping the darksiders, but I have yet to receive a response. Don't panic, even though we have no starting LT and no good prospects for a good one.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I keep asking that of the people ripping the darksiders

They just need to release their emotions. Then their journey to the darkside will be complete.

:jedi:

redheat

A real American hero
Reaction score
I hereby put the Bidwills on trial for the crimes of humanity!

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
And our starting LT is going to be???

Yeah, I keep asking that of the people ripping the darksiders, but I have yet to receive a response. Don't panic, even though we have no starting LT and no good prospects for a good one.

Maybe Whis and Grimm think Ross can play there because it isn't Matt's blindside. Maybe the coaches like Gandy. I don't know and neither do you.

Whis and Grimm are good football men IMO, so I'm not quite ready to throw them under the bus just yet.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No matter how hard I think about it, I just don't think if I complain more on a message board, I can influence the team.

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's obvious that there is a bunch of idiots on here that don't know anything about much of nothing because if you did you would be running a sports team of your own now wouldn't you? It's also obvious to me that there are a lot of so called "experts" on here that like to write long "articles" professing their so called "knowledge" about everything with no verifiable credentials in writing or sports management. You also have obviously never run a real business either. So go ahead, fire or cut anyone on the team you want, sign anyone you want and cut them the next day if you get a wild hair. Spend ALL of the money without researching or any knowledge of anything, and when you don't have any money left to pay the bills because you didn't know squat about what you were doing to begin with, stand there and tell everybody at least you were doing something. And by the way, if you think buying a ticket gives you the right to bitch and call the owners names try that approach the next time you go to the movie theatre and buy a ticket and don't like the movie. Ask the owner what he paid his employees and what he pays himself a year and see what it gets you. It's really none of your business now is it unless they really want you to know.If you don't like whats going on stay the hell home and don't go to the games of watch the game on TV, it don't take a lot of intelligence to figure that out. I think all of you need to to come on here and post your tax returns so we can all see what your pitiful salaries really are so your petty jealosy can really become apparent. Does the term WANNABE me anything tou you? GROW UP!!!

Please come back when you have at least 100 posts. Thanks.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Maybe Whis and Grimm think Ross can play there because it isn't Matt's blindside. Maybe the coaches like Gandy. I don't know and neither do you.

Whis and Grimm are good football men IMO, so I'm not quite ready to throw them under the bus just yet.

If that's the best that you and the coaches could come up with this offseason, then we're finished. Ross is a RT even if he turns out to be average, let alone good. Gandy is depth.

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
Can I complain about the serious lack of posts being broken into paragraphs in this thread? :shrug:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you know that Joseph Heller originally wanted to call his novel Catch-18, but another book came out that year that had the number "18" in the title? It's true.

Back after this...
I did not know that.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
BTW, no one adressed my point about the coaches' salaries. We are hiring much better assistants and that is a direct result of the stadium revenue, IMO.

maybe they should try having high caliber coaches AND players for once. Just to see what happens. They've tried bad players and bad coaches in the Mac days so why not try the opposite :shrug: .

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can we all agree that the Cardinals have been doing something wrong for the past 60 years?

You can't judge a sports' teams success by how much money it makes--not if you're a fan. A fan's measurement (and usually the owners' as well) is wins and championships. Money generally follows.

That doesn't seem to be the case for the Cardinals. Sure, they make money...but why in the world should I give a hoot about that?

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can we all agree that the Cardinals have been doing something wrong for the past 60 years?

You can't judge a sports' teams success by how much money it makes--not if you're a fan. A fan's measurement (and usually the owners' as well) is wins and championships. Money generally follows.

That doesn't seem to be the case for the Cardinals. Sure, they make money...but why in the world should I give a hoot about that?
I give up. Why?

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a trick question. I don't.

But I do give a hoot about the environment. Don't pollute.

Status
Not open for further replies.