We don't have the money to compete; judge us when we have our own stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I've seen alot. I've seen stuff happen on the field that has made me physically ill to watch it, but the point is in the 36 years I've watched, the past few have offered the most hope for change and all i see are people flaming the team.If they don't get it done this time it probably isn't ever gonna happen and I'll probably just quit watching, but believe me they are closer than they ever have been.Give em the benefit of the doubt just 1 more time.

It's too bad for these 36 years, you still haven't learned to use the Enter (Line Break) key.

chickenhead

Reaction score
I understand how the trashing of the Bidwills can become tiresome, but I also understand that it’s not fickle. It’s based on decades of mismanagement. They had little success in St. Louis, alienated the fanbase, and expected a handout. When they didn’t get it, they burned the fanbase and moved. In Arizona, they’ve had little success, alienated the fanbase, and expected a handout. They even made feints towards relocating when they weren't getting what they felt they were owed. Now they’ve gotten the handout. Personally, I’m still pretty optimistic about the team’s potential, but they haven’t done anything yet.

So basically, it’s possible to defend the Bidwill’s but certainly difficult to credit them. The whole problem is that they’ve never been proactive, and when this FA period looks like it’s shaping up to be more of the same, some fans are going to jump the gun. Big surprise, they’ve got years and years of similar experiences contributing to it. Sure, we could praise the Bidwills for sound business practices, if they were a public utility company. Sports is more about speculative investing. Owners have to bet heavy some years, and some years the fans have to accept rebuilding. Perpetual mediocrity? Not the best way to run a football team. Truth be told, the '74-'76 seasons remain the only period of positive momentum since moving to St. Louis.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am going to try a new experiment. I will agree with everything the Cards do or don't do for as long as I possibly can.

Wish me luck.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Fans are not really into business practices. All they really want is for their team to win. Some owners are as much in to winning as profits (Jerry Jones and Mark Cuban). George Steinbrenner worked his team into a profit making machine by winning decade after decade. With him you win or you are out. I really do not care about how much money the Bidwills have all I want to see is the team at least be competitive so the season is not over after 5-6 games. The facts are that the teams who spend the most money in baseball are the ones who win year after year. In football the CAP sort of puts every one on "nearly" an equal footing however if a team year after year spends 10 mil less than other teams then it will ultimately fall to the bottom. That is basically 2 decent players a year. Ten in 5 years. We are dying by a thousand cuts. Better to just have your head cut off.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's too bad for these 36 years, you still haven't learned to use the Enter (Line Break) key.

So is this your new thing?

<line break>

Bitching about posters who type more than one sentence without a line break?

<line break>

Have email and message boards really dumbed down our reading abilities to the point that a five line paragraph is too much for us?

<line break>

I hope you could handle reading this.

<line break>

I tried to put line breaks in to make it easier on you.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So is this your new thing?

<line break>

Bitching about posters who type more than one sentence without a line break?

<line break>

Have email and message boards really dumbed down our reading abilities to the point that a five line paragraph is too much for us?

<line break>

I hope you could handle reading this.

<line break>

I tried to put line breaks in to make it easier on you.
DC, I added one. :)

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen, please lay of tnmike.

I have already talked with him about that comment

Status
Not open for further replies.