Week 12: Jags @ Cards Predictions

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
The only thing I predict (having learned this living in Vegas) is to not predict, just go with what you know!

My knowledge: The cards will have 7-9 penalties for 70-90 yards (or more) and Big will false start at least once.

seesred

Reaction score
I predict that at the end of the game we will be either asking for Green to resign or voting for him for president. There will be at least one thread debating QB issues, who should start should Warner start next year , should we pick up Marino? There will be where was the running game or wow do you see JJ today? Many threads not hard to predict. The one thing I know for sure these Cardinals will show up and try real hard to win this game.

GBR

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
The only thing I predict (having learned this living in Vegas) is to not predict, just go with what you know!

My knowledge: The cards will have 7-9 penalties for 70-90 yards (or more) and Big will false start at least once.

Big will have at least 2 fall starts AND people are forgetting, Leftwitch isn't Jamie Martin...
Jags 31
Cards 21

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
I say Rackers is the difference. 20-17 Cards. I make this prediction hoping our secondary will improve. They have been a glaring flaw in recent weeks. I think we can hold them to under 100 yards rushing as well which will open up a chance for us to get Wilson involved like he was last week. It definitely falls on the shoulders of our defense. I'm scared.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
iapetus said:
Jaguars fan here: congratulations on your win this week. A few bits of feedback on what people here are saying...

Good stuff that you posted. Thanks for the info.

I think agree with others that we need to stop the run like we did against the Rams. Make Leftwich beat us with his arm. The key will be if Wilson and company can get to Leftwich in time.

spanky1

Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
Good stuff that you posted. Thanks for the info.

I think agree with others that we need to stop the run like we did against the Rams. Make Leftwich beat us with his arm. The key will be if Wilson and company can get to Leftwich in time.

MCD,

Leftwich is not what I'd consider as the most mobile of QB's. Jax will have their eye out for Wilson to be sure. The pass rush might have to be disguised and come from Dansby (if he plays) or Blackstock. We need Okeafor to have a solid game as well.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Without Bert Berry, I just don't see us getting to Leftwich. And this is not the time of year playoff contenders suffer letdowns.

Jaguars are the better team. The only chance we have at winning is if they come out flat.

Jags 27
Cards 10

And thanks to the excellent posts by the Jags visitors.

spanky1

Reaction score
Skkorpion said:
Without Bert Berry, I just don't see us getting to Leftwich. And this is not the time of year playoff contenders suffer letdowns.

Jaguars are the better team. The only chance we have at winning is if they come out flat.

Jags 27
Cards 10

And thanks to the excellent posts by the Jags visitors.

skkorp,

I agree with the comment that the Jags are the better team but also believe that Berry alone will not make the difference in a "W" or a "L".

Playoff contenders do suffer letdowns.......NY Giants and Atlanta lost games recently that they shouldn't have.

While unlikely, we have a shot a this if we can keep it low scoring and close going into the 4th Q.

Red Dawn

Go Big Red!
Reaction score
The Card fans outnumber the Jags fans; the Jag players lose their cool and throw water bottles at the South end zone. Leftwich gets dinged by Wilson. It's a fine day for an upset.

Cards 31, Jags 24 :koolaid:

iapetus

Reaction score
nidan said:
Welcome Iapetus, are there any ASFN like places for the Jags?

If there are, they've been kept secret from me as well. :) There are some good football minds on the Jags forum, but there's a tendency to explode as soon as a single fan from an opposing team says something that can be loosely interpreted as disrespectful to the Jaguars, and once one fan of an opposing team goes over the edge, all of them are treated the same way. Doesn't help that we've got some resident Colts fans with nothing better to do than try to stir up trouble by posing as opposing fans (or as Jaguars fans on the official Cardinals MB). I guess it makes them feel big...

MIT said:
Jaguars at Cardinals: The Jaguars are in the middle of their three game road trip, and they might lose focus against a good offense. Their passing defense will be tested against Arizona by the dual threat of WR Larry Fitzgerald and WR Anquan Boldin.

Sounds like a pretty solid analysis to me. :) We're also on a 3-game winning streak at the moment, and we've tended not to keep those streaks alive in recent years. Not sure whether that means anything (in football there's a tendency to overanalyse largely meaningless stats/streaks) but if it does then we're due a loss soon...

Interesting(ish) fact regarding the three-game road streak. Since 2001 eleven teams have had three road games in a row, and only one of those eleven won all three. That team was the Jaguars.

MadCardDisease said:
I think agree with others that we need to stop the run like we did against the Rams. Make Leftwich beat us with his arm.

Like I said, that's what the Titans tried to do, and the final score flatters them - one TD in garbage time and one coming from a huge kick return. Once the Jaguars adjusted to what they were doing, Leftwich put on a masterclass in how to pick a secondary to pieces. This is a passing game that's starting to come alive, and I think it's dangerous to give it a chance to beat you.

What you need to do to win the game IMO would be:

• Start aggressively. The Jaguars offence has been slow to get going this year, and building up a good lead could be key to victory.
  • Make big plays on special teams. We've given up big momentum-shifting plays on special teams a lot more often than we should have. Capitalize.
  • Bring pressure, but don't over-commit. Give Leftwich too much time and he will find a receiver. It helps that they're all so large and easy to see, of course... Pressure him but don't bring the house every down like Tennessee did.
  • Cover Leftwich. Most games we end up running a play where Matt Jones lines up at QB and runs the ball. It's so blatantly obvious that this is going to happen every time that any game now I'm expecting him to pass it instead (as a college QB he should be able to get away with it). Imagine the shame if a wide receiver scored a TD by passing to a QB with a reputation for being immobile... :)

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:thumbup:

I love it when opposing fans come to talk football instead of trash. Makes for an interesting week. Thanks!

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Welcome to ASFN iapetus. I was wondering when a Jaguar fan would roll in and drop some knowledge.

iapetus said:
That's what the Titans did - planned to stop the run game and dared Leftwich to beat them. The result? He put up the best performance of his career, with three TDs through the air and one on the ground. Dare Kyle Boller to beat you. Dare Tommy Maddox to beat you. Don't dare Leftwich to beat you.

Fred's not up to game speed at the moment - he's missed a few games and barely made an impact in the last one (think he may have had negative yardage overall). That's not to say he isn't always a threat, but he's not 100% and I don't think you guys need to be overly afraid of him. If he starts and plays the full game it'll be the first time in a while he's done that.

Greg Jones is likely to be sharing the carries, and he's a very different back - far more pure power. Less likely to break off a big run, but more likely to carry defenders for four yards and a cloud of dust.

With respect, I don't regard Leftwhich as an elite QB. He has been very solid over the course of his career so far. But he has only put up some pretty modest numbers to date and he hasn't shown that he will light you up on a constant basis. This, of course, could change since this is typically the year in which a QB breaks out. But to me atleast, the threat is on the ground and not through the air.

With that in mind, I would load up against the run and be very agressive in our blitz packages to try and and get Leftwhich on the move. As I would much rather try and match JAX pass for pass rather than run for run.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I see potential for a very ugly game here!

But, my prediction:

Cards keep it close and go into 1/2 time up 21-17 on with TD's coming from Boldin, Fitz, and Arrington.

Ernest Wilford will go "Roy Williams" on us for the tune of 7 catches for 109 2td's, Matt Jones will have 6 for 75 yards 1 TD and Jimmy Smith will have 5 for 89 and zero TD's.

Warner will be knocked out of the game late in the 3rd qtr after the Jags 5th sack of the day. Josh will come in and throw 1 more TD to Fitz and Rackers will hit a 46 yard FG's with 4 minutes left in the game.

Jax will prove to be too much down the stretch as Jones gaines 55 of his 125 on the final drive to score a touchdown with 30 seconds left on the clock.

Swinton will return the kick-off 55 yards and Josh--with no timeouts remaining-- will throw a quick out to Boldin on the sidelines setting up a 56yard FG attempt by Rackers.

After calling timeout to "ice" the Rack; he will put all of his might into the kick and the ball will karem off the right upright, hit the cross bar and bounce onto the grass for his first miss of the season.
icon8.gif

Jax: 34

AZ: 31

Last edited:

iapetus

Reaction score
Redsz said:
With respect, I don't regard Leftwhich as an elite QB. He has been very solid over the course of his career so far. But he has only put up some pretty modest numbers to date and he hasn't shown that he will light you up on a constant basis.

I wouldn't go so far as to describe him as an elite QB either, though he does show the potential of becoming one. But he's up there in the top ten for QB rating so far this season, and he's had to overcome serious problems at the beginning of the season with receivers struggling to hold onto the ball and a truly miserable offensive line. Both of these appear to have been largely addressed, with the receivers stepping it up and Khalif Barnes making the whole OL better. At the moment his biggest problem is consistency - he's possibly the best second and third quarter QB out there, but first quarter and (for some reason) fourth quarter figures are pretty terrible. But there's definitely something starting to come together in the passing game, as the last couple of weeks results show, first breaking the dreaded 30-point barrier and then breaking it again with Leftwich involved in all four TDs. Sure, he's not Peyton Manning. But he's not Tommy Maddox either.

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
LoyaltyisaCurse said:
I see potential for a very ugly game here!

But, my prediction:

Cards keep it close and go into 1/2 time up 21-17 on with TD's coming from Boldin, Fitz, and Arrington.

Ernest Wilford will go "Roy Williams" on us for the tune of 7 catches for 109 2td's, Matt Jones will have 6 for 75 yards 1 TD and Jimmy Smith will have 5 for 89 and zero TD's.

Warner will be knocked out of the game late in the 3rd qtr after the Jags 5th sack of the day. Josh will come in and throw 1 more TD to Fitz and Rackers will hit a 46 yard FG's with 4 minutes left in the game.

Jax will prove to be too much down the stretch as Jones gaines 55 of his 125 on the final drive to score a touchdown with 30 seconds left on the clock.

Swinton will return the kick-off 55 yards and Josh--with no timeouts remaining-- will throw a quick out to Boldin on the sidelines setting up a 56yard FG attempt by Rackers.

After calling timeout to "ice" the Rack; he will put all of his might into the kick and the ball will karem off the right upright, hit the cross bar and bounce onto the grass for his first miss of the season.
icon8.gif

Jax: 34

AZ: 31

That's a kind of vague prediction. Can you be more specific with the details? :lol:

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LoyaltyisaCurse said:
Warner will be knocked out of the game late in the 3rd qtr after the Jags 5th sack of the day.

Surprise, surprise. Another instance of Warner unable to avoid the rush and get injured. Odd that he never got hurt by a hit yet.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05