Week 9 Snap Counts and some thoughts

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Offensively.

1 - Entire OL played every snap. Nice to see.

2 - 11 personnel still dominates. Moore played 65%.

3 - 12 personnel pretty high at 49%. Wonder if the game script helped.

4 - 12 played played over 49% of snaps. No other player played more than 22% on offense.

5 - Welcome back Conner. 63%.

6 - If you want to start planning how to improve the offense, look at the top snap count getters and add in RB depth.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Defensively.

1 - Have a week BJ Ojulari. Matched Collins snaps for the most by an EDGE player at 52%.

2 - I am guessing a lot of nickel and dime this week. Josh Woods played 46% of snaps as the 2nd most by an ILB.

3 - 1st week in a while IIRC no CB played more than 80% of snaps. Garrett Williams tied for 2nd with 72 and two less than Marco.

4 - Starling Thomas played 51% of snaps which makes 6 DBs playing over 50%.

5 - Strong, Stills, and Ledbetter seem to be our starting front 3. I am not sure any of these three should be "starters" at the NFL level, but I feel like they could all contribute in a rotation on a decent roster.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This staffs plan seems to be designed to have a full rotational package with the front 7.
They also are hellbent on making our opponents take 10-12 plays to score.

There are guys on this team that SHOULD be on this team next year. Strong, Ledbetter, Stills, Collins, Gardeck, White is a decent foundation to build on.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
This staffs plan seems to be designed to have a full rotational package with the front 7.
They also are hellbent on making our opponents take 10-12 plays to score.

There are guys on this team that SHOULD be on this team next year. Strong, Ledbetter, Stills, Collins, Gardeck, White is a decent foundation to build on.

Dimukeje is not horrible. He might be better than Cam Thomas and might be viable for the back up EDGE spot. At least for 2024.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Like using Tune for the short yardage running packages. Love it actually.
I was the opposite. I was curious to see if KM could run the sneak--if he can't do it, let's be honest, he's not the QBOF. I remain curious because it doesn't appear as if the coaches want him doing it, or think he can. This is disappointting.

Stout

Reaction score
Defensively.

1 - Have a week BJ Ojulari. Matched Collins snaps for the most by an EDGE player at 52%.

2 - I am guessing a lot of nickel and dime this week. Josh Woods played 46% of snaps as the 2nd most by an ILB.

3 - 1st week in a while IIRC no CB played more than 80% of snaps. Garrett Williams tied for 2nd with 72 and two less than Marco.

4 - Starling Thomas played 51% of snaps which makes 6 DBs playing over 50%.

5 - Strong, Stills, and Ledbetter seem to be our starting front 3. I am not sure any of these three should be "starters" at the NFL level, but I feel like they could all contribute in a rotation on a decent roster.
Loved Ojulari this week.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was the opposite. I was curious to see if KM could run the sneak--if he can't do it, let's be honest, he's not the QBOF. I remain curious because it doesn't appear as if the coaches want him doing it, or think he can. This is disappointting.

I don't agree on the QBOTF thing but you got to do the sneak. I can't think of any other QB in the league who has a stunt double for sneaks. SOunded like Kyler didn't want to come out in the presser so hopefully it's just an "Only just back" thing.

Plus Tune for a gust of wind away from fumbling his one touch.

Stout

Reaction score
I don't agree on the QBOTF thing but you got to do the sneak. I can't think of any other QB in the league who has a stunt double for sneaks. SOunded like Kyler didn't want to come out in the presser so hopefully it's just an "Only just back" thing.

Plus Tune for a gust of wind away from fumbling his one touch.
Yep, full agreement here. I get that they might want to use Tune on a trick play, maybe to throw, but I don't.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But that is not a QB sneak, that is the tush push. Completely different plays and IMO, it has not barring on Kyler long term. I would rather save Kyler from a Rugby scrum. And in fact. I'd rather save my starting QB from the tush push.

Last edited:

Stout

Reaction score
But that is not a QB sneak, that is the tush push. Completely different plays and IMO, it has not barring on Kyler long term. I would rather save Kyler from a Rugby scrum. And in fact. I'd rather save my starting QB from thr tush push.
Again, I'm on the other side. If he can't be involved in the tush push plays, he's not the complete QB we need. You're making it sound like an OMG too risky play, when it is now a staple play in the NFL. And our QB needs to be able to make staple plays. Granted, I think he wanted to stay in and make those plays, and it was the coaches that yanked him for them. I hope they don't do that moving forward.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again, I'm on the other side. If he can't be involved in the tush push plays, he's not the complete QB we need. You're making it sound like an OMG too risky play, when it is now a staple play in the NFL. And our QB needs to be able to make staple plays. Granted, I think he wanted to stay in and make those plays, and it was the coaches that yanked him for them. I hope they don't do that moving forward.
The tush push is not a football play and there is a good chance it doesn't even exist next season. It's a rugby scrum. There is a much higher chance for injury in our for the QB. The QB has about a 1000lbs on each side crushing you.

Last edited:

Stout

Reaction score
this has to be the spiciest take of the day.

if Murray cant run the tush/push -- the Cards need to find a new QB?
Eh, you're blowing it out of proportion. If he can't run basic plays--and the tush push is a basic play--then yes, we need to find a new QB. I don't think he can't. I think JG didn't let him, for the record.