We're getting love from Dan Patrick

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Shane H said:
You have pimped some of this college talent. Must I really delve back and look? Heck having Benson in your signature was pimping enough.

Nice try. I have pimped college players but not RB's...I have stated all along that I am not a fan of the two Auburn backs and that Benson has the most production.

Again, as soon as a proven NFL RB was an option, that has been and continues to be my #1 choice.

So, yes...if you are going to make a statement like that...back it up or zip it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Yes the Colts D isnt great but it is definately better than it was during those seasons. So the wind is still there.

Oh and lets be honest. Put the Healthy Henry of 2003 in last years Colts line-up and it would not be unreasonable to say he would have had 1600 yards as well. So I dont really see the point? Besides I dont see anything making 1400 yards and 13 TDs look bad :shrug: . Only you and Ouchie could come up with a statement like that.

You guys act as though Henry at 26 and no history of "major" injuries is damaged goods. :shrug:

why you including me in that statement? i like henry.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Shane H said:
You have pimped some of this college talent. Must I really delve back and look? Heck having Benson in your signature was pimping enough.

actually, i think he had derrick johnson in his sig.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TheCardFan said:
So, yes...if you are going to make a statement like that...back it up or zip it.

Ok I will do some research. If I cant fond anything then I apologize in advance. But to be honest I believe Ill find something! ;)

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
actually, i think he had derrick johnson in his sig.

I had Benson in my sig.

The point is Shane called me out for 'pimping' college RB's and now I have changed my mind...that is false.

I like Benson and believe he is the best RB in the draft.
My first choice is to get a proven NFL RB. Henry or James (or Alexander)
I think we go CB #1.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
TheCardFan said:
I had Benson in my sig.

The point is Shane called me out for 'pimping' college RB's and now I have changed my mind...that is false.

I like Benson and believe he is the best RB in the draft.
My first choice is to get a proven NFL RB. Henry or James (or Alexander)
I think we go CB #1.

eh, faulty memory.

but i agree with all points you made.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Here is a post from October 2004...
http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showthread.php?p=504015#post504015

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshmo
You are correct, Henry is 215, Tomlinson is 221.
215 is plenty big.

I think Travis Henry needs to be FA priority #1 next year. He will not be franchised or transitioned, IMO because of McGahee and his production will acutally be down this year because of McGahee.

If Josh can't break through...QB will be priority 1A.

If we could land a QB and RB in FA...A. Rolle would be a terrific pick in rd 1.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Here is another one with me "pimping" Alexander, James, and Hartwell.

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showthread.php?p=568965#post568965

No LB's on the list...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Based on the list and not counting the franchise tag...

RB
Shaun Alexander or
Edge James

DT
Shaun Rogers

MLB
Rob Morris or
Edge Hartwell

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TheCardFan said:
Here is a post from October 2004...
http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showthread.php?p=504015#post504015

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshmo
You are correct, Henry is 215, Tomlinson is 221.
215 is plenty big.

I think Travis Henry needs to be FA priority #1 next year. He will not be franchised or transitioned, IMO because of McGahee and his production will acutally be down this year because of McGahee.

If Josh can't break through...QB will be priority 1A.

If we could land a QB and RB in FA...A. Rolle would be a terrific pick in rd 1.

This is some pretty good pimping especially considering you started a thread on it however I did highlite a sentence that is telling and I will graciously concede :p :

The best RB in the draft...with no question.

Ronnie Brown and Cadillac have potential but they don't have the production to back it up. RB couldn't beat out Cadillac for the bulk load of the carries and only played as much due to Cadillacs multiple injuries.

Benson has four solid years of production in a major conference. Other teams stacked the line in every game to stop him and he has still outperformed every other RB in this years draft the last 4 years.

In my book it's Travis Henry 1 and Benson 1A as far as solving our running game problem.

I love our position. It's a relatively weak draft and a few teams are going to get into a frenzy about how fast a guy ran, how much he lifted, or how high he can jump and think they are smarter than the game film. When this happens...a very good player should be there for us at 8. Benson, Derrick Johnson, Rolle, or Pac Man...

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Shane H said:
This is some pretty good pimping especially considering you started a thread on it however I did highlite a sentence that is telling and I will graciously concede :p :

Ok... ;)

OP
OP
Syracusecards

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Here's a question for all of you.

How many of you in the past would practicaly throw your computer out the window when you read that a player that we all wanted went to another team because Billy B wouldn't pony up the dough. BE HONEST!
I'm sure we've all done it at one time.

Now I ask you, if we had 15 million available right now, would you be more inclined to go after Edgerin for a contract close to what he's looking for?

I just find it ironic that the mindset of penny pinching that I loathed in years past(and I'm sorry, but I'm sure a lot of you did too) is now the mindset of some on this board. Denny and Graves aren't stupid. If they can get James, they'll find a way to make it work financially.

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Syracusecards said:
Now I ask you, if we had 15 million available right now, would you be more inclined to go after Edgerin for a contract close to what he's looking for?

If I thought (and I do) that having James on this team would get us deep into the playoffs, then I would be for spending whatever it took, no matter whether we had 2, 5, 10, or 15 million in cap room.

The Shark

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05