Western Conference Finals Game 1- Spurs @ Suns Game Thread

jibikao

Reaction score
SirChaz said:
So much for Home Court Advantage.

If they want it they will have to win at least one on the road. For now they need to worry about game 2.

Many of Nash's turnovers were from players not coming to get the ball. The Spurs will not beat themselves like Memphis and Dallas did. The Suns will have to outplay them for 48 minutes to get a win. Every loose ball, every shot, and every rebound is important. The margin of error has just been reduced to nil. Especially if the Spurs shoot that way consistantly. I think it is unlikely but the Suns will have to d-up to make sure they don't.

This is the toughest test the Suns have faced and the Spurs showed they are worthy of the Western title. It is up to the Suns to step up and play better to show they belong here also.

Yup. You said it very well. Spurs started double team Nash in the 4th quarter. I believe they don't want Nash to take ANY 3pt at all. Nash didn't even attept ONE 3pt shot because they would send Horry and another PG to double team Nash.

On several occassions, we were just standing there waiting for the pass to come out. Man, this is basketball common sense. When you stood there waiting for the ball to come, the Spurs defenders just need to stand there and wait for the ball to come out. We need to go FORWARD to help Nash out.

See, this is where it hurts so bad not having JJ because JJ's dribbling will be able to help Nash out a bit and maybe run a little play to set Nash for an open shot.

I think this series is really about Q/Marion/Jim Jackson. I think Nash/Amare will do just fine but without their help, we can't win this series.

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
elindholm said:
Technically, neither team has home-court advantage at this point. There are potentially six games left, three in each building.

And guess what, if each team wins every game on there own home court the spurs win! Advantage spurs! :shrug: I know this can't be that hard to understand Eric.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Okay, I am going to explain this slowly, since evidently there is some confusion.

The original comment was, "I don't think we are going to win 4 out of 6 games with them having home court advantage."

My point is that, if we look at the fact that the Suns need to win 4 out of 6, then home court advantage is no longer a factor.

Let's look at why that is. If you say that they need to "win 4 out of 6," then you are talking about the next six games that will be played, and the need to win four of them. Where will those next six games be played?

Three will be played in Phoenix and three will be played in San Antonio. Therefore, although the Suns need to win 4 out of the next 6 -- which is difficult, to be sure -- they do not have the additional hurdle of home-court disadvantage over those six games.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
elindholm said:
Okay, I am going to explain this slowly, since evidently there is some confusion.

The original comment was, "I don't think we are going to win 4 out of 6 games with them having home court advantage."

My point is that, if we look at the fact that the Suns need to win 4 out of 6, then home court advantage is no longer a factor.

Let's look at why that is. If you say that they need to "win 4 out of 6," then you are talking about the next six games that will be played, and the need to win four of them. Where will those next six games be played?

Three will be played in Phoenix and three will be played in San Antonio. Therefore, although the Suns need to win 4 out of the next 6 -- which is difficult, to be sure -- they do not have the additional hurdle of home-court disadvantage over those six games.

Okay okay... how about the Phoenix Suns have to win 4 out of 6 games with them having home-court advantage in at least one of those games? Or we could try this one... the Phoenix Suns half to win 4 out of 6 games with San Antonio now having home court advantage in the series.

Your explanation probably would have been even easier to follow if you had said "they do not have the additional hurdle of home-court disadvantage over each of those six games.
Joe Mama

Last edited:

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
bottom line is we have to win on there home court to win the series. They on the other hand do not have to win anymore games on our court to win the series, Stop with the symantics the series is over, believe it or not!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
zett said:
bottom line is we have to win on there home court to win the series. They on the other hand do not have to win anymore games on our court to win the series, Stop with the symantics the series is over, believe it or not!

That's a load of crap and you know it. I'm so sick of fans that conveniently give up on their team! It's sickening! There are still at least 2 more games left of Suns basketball--and I'm going to enjoy it as much as I can.

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Enjoy it all you want chap, I wll try and enjoy it just the same, But talk about them rose colored glasses? How about just little sense of reality.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
That's a load of crap and you know it. I'm so sick of fans that conveniently give up on their team! It's sickening! There are still at least 2 more games left of Suns basketball--and I'm going to enjoy it as much as I can.

AMEN Brother!!

They had a chance to win the last two games and I expect they will have a chance to win game 3. If they can get it done it looks different.

As Suns fans we can't look at the big picture right now. Like Q said last night; you have to put these two losses out of your mind and just play hard and fight.

I will never say it is over until a team wins 4 games.

GO SUNS!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
zett said:
Enjoy it all you want chap, I wll try and enjoy it just the same, But talk about them rose colored glasses? How about just little sense of reality.

What are you talking about? I didn't say we were done, I also didn't say we were going to come back and win. If that isn't "reality", I don't know what is.

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
What are you talking about? I didn't say we were done, I also didn't say we were going to come back and win. If that isn't "reality", I don't know what is.

OK Chap,It's a load of crap that the series is over, I'm talking figuratively not literally, But I will make you a deal. I will buy you a ticket to phx and a playoff ticket to the finals if they win this series. :thumbup:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan