Western Conference Semifinals Game 2- Mavericks @ Suns Game Thread

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Treesquid said:
What is the diagnosis on JJ? just a concusion or is the eye just super swollen?

I don't even watch those TNT guys anymore they really don't offer very much value to the game IMO.

6 stitches
Mild Concussion
Precautionary CAT Scan at local hospital

jibikao

Reaction score
Finely is the only reason why Mavs is still in this game. Holy cow...

jibikao

Reaction score
Amare.... how can you miss that dunk.... that pass was perfect to you. :(

Man, 106-102.... we have to break that "when dirk and finely scores 20" they win!" spell!!!!!!

Amare, finishes those baskets!!!

jibikao

Reaction score
Mmmmm, we'll meet Mavs at Dallas. :)

Man, that Dirk's last shot is a dagger....

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Well Dallas had a great game plan but I think we still would have won if one of our starters wasn't sent to the hospital.

Q tried to win the game and missed.

Now it is a best of 5 on the road. Ouch.

Congrats to Dallas they did what they needed to do.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
tough loss - and Suns fans - WELCOME TO THE PLAYOFFS - they've finally started and now we have a war on our hands. If JJ plays, we win this game - but alas he didn't, we lost - move on and get ready to get a split in Dallas and watch this sucker go 7.

Also - get ready for EVERYONE in the media to jump up and down poitning at this loss as prrof that the Suns can't play in the playoffs. Even though no one will say a word about Detroit losing.

Oh - and delete that other ridiculous thread looking forward at San Antonio - it's embarassing.

newfan101

Registered
Reaction score
I gotta hand this one to the Mavs. They took our best shot in that 3rd quarter and didn't back down. They played a great game.

Finley hit more timely shots than I've seen in a LONG time.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
tough loss - and Suns fans - WELCOME TO THE PLAYOFFS - they've finally started and now we have a war on our hands. If JJ plays, we win this game - but alas he didn't, we lost - move on and get ready to get a split in Dallas and watch this sucker go 7.

Also - get ready for EVERYONE in the media to jump up and down poitning at this loss as prrof that the Suns can't play in the playoffs. Even though no one will say a word about Detroit losing.

Oh - and delete that other ridiculous thread looking forward at San Antonio - it's embarassing.

Agreed. That thread pisses me off. :mad:

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Really, i don't feel so bad about this loss. We lost our second best scorer halfway through the game and still had a great shot at winning the game.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
We lost our second best scorer halfway through the game and still had a great shot at winning the game.

Remember Stoudemire's missed dunk with about 2:00 to go, plus his and Marion's three missed layups on the possession after that.

The Suns lost, but they weren't outplayed. It could have gone either way, and didn't go in their favor this time.

jibikao

Reaction score
elindholm said:
We lost our second best scorer halfway through the game and still had a great shot at winning the game.

Remember Stoudemire's missed dunk with about 2:00 to go, plus his and Marion's three missed layups on the possession after that.

The Suns lost, but they weren't outplayed. It could have gone either way, and didn't go in their favor this time.

EXACTLY. I still think Suns can beat Mavs easily. Without JJ, we almost tied the game. Amare's miss dunk was a killer but he and Nash made up for it within 20seconds.

We are still better than Mavs. We didn't have our 20/5/5 guy. Jim Jackson was pretty solid in the 3rd quarter but Barbosa/McCarty just didn't cut it.

One thing that amazes me is "where is Hunter"??? I know he had a bad shot but I thought he could have stopped Terry's penetration a bit since both Amare/Q had 5 fouls.

Biclops

Superhero with glasses
Reaction score
Other than the final shot by Dirk... Finley single handedly won the game for them

Now it is our turn to make the necessary adjustments and steal a game or two from their homecourt

If JJ is not ready for friday, they absolutely have to find a way to incorporate Barbosa better. We need him to spark the bench

mribnik

Reaction score
I was dissappointed with JJax defense. He had that lame foul at the end of the third and couldn't keep up with stack at all. We were really missing JJ both defensively and offensively at the end of the game.

Biclops

Superhero with glasses
Reaction score
jibikao said:
One thing that amazes me is "where is Hunter"??? I know he had a bad shot but I thought he could have stopped Terry's penetration a bit since both Amare/Q had 5 fouls.

I think it had to due with the fact that Dallas went to their small lineup alot of the time. I remember on certain situations Amare had to defend Howard or Finley. Although Hunter might be a better defender than Amare, he would have also a hard time against the smaller quicker guy

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:

No what is embarrassing is your holier than thou attitude. So some people want to play SA.. excuse us for being fans.....:rolleyes:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05