Western Conference Semifinals Game 5- Mavericks @ Suns Game Thread

jibikao

Reaction score
Oh god, Barbosa sucks sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad.

He got a rebound... dribble OUT... dont' throw out like that. You are a PG for god's sake.

Nash needs to keep shooting. The last two last are awful. He just has to keep scoring.

jibikao

Reaction score
And we can't even buy ONE 3pt during that run... NOT ONE!! Marion missed, Barbosa missed, Nash missed and the widest open for Jim Jackon missed. WTF.

jibikao

Reaction score
Go Jimmy Jackson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Show us why you deserve to be on this team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jibikao

Reaction score
Agrrrrrr.... how many shots has Marion missed tonight?? Those easy shots... oh come on!!!! If you want to bitch why you don't get recognized, finish those easy shots!!!!!!!!

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nice to see Amare making his free throws. Jimmy Jackson is The Man!

jibikao

Reaction score
My god... I can finally catch a breath now.

This team ain't quitting. I am telling you. They want to advance. They want it!

Nash, Amare and JimJackon were the stars tonight. Nash was unbelievable. His great shooting finally made Mavs decide not to double Amare that much. He finally breaks the spell!!!! I knew Nash can do it!!!

OP
OP
Amare32

Amare32

STAT man
Reaction score
I'm so glad I was on target with what Jimmy needed to do tonight. He was amazing in the 4th

Dallas fans are hating both the Rockets and Hornets right now.

Nash triple double and amare's 33 and 18...great team effort

now lets end this in dallas

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
THIS TEAM... JUST... WON'T... LOSE!

That was awesome is there really an debate still that Nash is the MVP?

Great game - great win with Marion and Q both playin like crap - NOW STEP ON THEIR THROATS AND END IT IN DALLAS!

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
These games are exhausting...the overwhelming feeling is just relief after these games.

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
I was at the game, unbelievable.

Stood up the entire second half, like the rest of the arena.

I dont know if they showed it, but the entire arena chanted Joe after a video montage. It was great.

How huge was the bench to start the 4th quarter??? I mean really!!

Biclops

Superhero with glasses
Reaction score
Nash JJax & Amare all deserve to be MVP of today's game

the run in beginning of the fourth quarter was simply amazing. as much as like Barbosa, from now on we should let Jackson be the the back up pg (ala like Joe Johnson) and let barbosa play off the ball.

i also gotta give props to Walta today. he had no points and only one rebound but during the fourth quarter run, he played pretty good defense on Dirk and he did not make any careless turnover like Barbosa. he played within the team system and didnt really force anything.

today showed why Colengelo deserved to win the Executive of the Year. the two acquistion during the season paid dividend today. i cannot imagine Jacobsen or Lampe being able to do what we saw today

all in all LETS WIN GAME 6 AND GO TO THE WCF !!!

:thumbup:

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Just finished watching the game on delay. Don't really have anything more to add. Well, maybe a little...

I thought the Suns were in trouble at halftime, and it seemed like every time they got close in the third quarter, they'd blow a possession and then Stackhouse would make something. But Dallas finally missed a few shots, Jackson was terrific (as everyone else has said), and the whole team found its focus again in the fourth quarter.

This is the best that Nash has ever played in his career. It's like he finally believes that he is the MVP and the confidence has taken him to a new level.

Two poor games in a row for Richardson. It would be great to see him catch fire in Game 6.

I wouldn't have thought that the Suns would have much chance if I had known that they would shoot only 5-19 from three-point range. But they owned the boards. Owned them! Their +14 rebounding advantage might be their best effort of the whole season.

Good job by Stoudemire keeping himself mentally in the game after a rough first half. When he committed that idiotic foul on Nowitzki right before halftime, I thought he had given up on the game. But I was wrong.

The Suns are finally out of ceremony games, right? Fighting off those jinxes is getting rough!

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I agree with everyone that Amare, Nash & JJax were the players of the game. Q is really struggling with his outside shot and I think it's affecting his overall game. He did have 3 backdoor plays where Nash got him alley-oops for 2 dunks and a layup. He also drew a charge on Nowitzki (should've been 2) and Finley didn't have a big game at all (part defense and part Finley). I didn't think Marion had a bad game tonight (16pts & 10 rebs) and he played good defense on Dirk. The worst plays for Marion were having the ball knocked out of his hands when going up for dunks.

Our bench is horrible though, both Barbosa and Hunter played like crap. Barbosa's got a bad defensive mismatch trying to guard Stackhouse or Finley, but that doesn't cause him to have careless turnovers. Hunter would've been ok until he got the tipped ball and tried to lead the fast break......

Let's Win it in 6!!! GO SUNS!!!

playstation

Selfless Service
Reaction score
4th quarter offense:

Jim Jackson: 15 points
Amare Stoudemire: 15 points
Steve Nash: 7 points
Rest of Team: 1 point

yikes!

it was like the old-man show: jackson vs. stackhouse...

jibikao

Reaction score
You guys covered everything I want to say but I still want to say:

Barbosa sucks.

Hunter sucks. Why would he dribble the ball so much as a center for god's sake? Isn't that the most common knowledge that a center SHOULD NOT dribble the ball that much??? I mean we had a fast break chance and then it ended up a turnover and a score for the Mavs. WTF.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jibikao said:
You guys covered everything I want to say but I still want to say:

Barbosa sucks.

Hunter sucks. Why would he dribble the ball so much as a center for god's sake? Isn't that the most common knowledge that a center SHOULD NOT dribble the ball that much??? I mean we had a fast break chance and then it ended up a turnover and a score for the Mavs. WTF.

I think he did it because everyone else on the team runs when you get the break, no matter what, he was just trying to do what he thought was right...but he should have dished off sooner...

Tough luck for him...

Mike

jibikao

Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
I think he did it because everyone else on the team runs when you get the break, no matter what, he was just trying to do what he thought was right...but he should have dished off sooner...

Tough luck for him...

Mike

I know everybody runs but we live on fastbreaks and it really hurts when we were trying to catch up..and not only did we not catch up, we turned it over and Mavs put up 2 more pts. There is a reason why D'Antoni benched him. I mean this is the most important game of the season and we just can't allow this kind of mistake.

I know Hunter is nervous... but we really have no bench production. Like NONE. I just want SOMETHING you know... just want something out of them.

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I only watched the last part of the game, but the Suns showed a lot of poise at crunch time. They showed they are capable of winning through defense and rebounding. Who'd have thunk?

It is too bad that Hunter and Barbosa weren't more effective. Unfortunately, this is not the kind of opponent that suits their talents. Against the Spurs, Hunter will be crucial for the Suns to have a chance.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Nash played great the whole game but for the last 3 min. of the 3rd quarter when he was tired and made 5 consecutive bad decisions, including one missed good shot, down the court.

With JJ's 4th q performance, we now have an alternative to get others involved, by having JJ handling the ball part time even with Nash on the court. One reason for our turnaround in the beginning of the 4th was that the Mavs was kind of confused and lost focus on both ends when Nash was out, since both their offense and defense are so focused on us having Nash in the lineup. But the best was that we kept the intensity high and fighted for the win.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
George O'Brien said:
I only watched the last part of the game, but the Suns showed a lot of poise at crunch time. They showed they are capable of winning through defense and rebounding. Who'd have thunk?

It is too bad that Hunter and Barbosa weren't more effective. Unfortunately, this is not the kind of opponent that suits their talents. Against the Spurs, Hunter will be crucial for the Suns to have a chance.

Precisely. Hunter is key from here on out, so I can cut him some slack. If the Suns advance, any of the remaining opponents will force the Suns to use their "big" lineup like they did against Memphis.

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
Another big key for the game was Q staying out of foul trouble, Nash and Stoudemire making an effort to defensive rebound. As you can see when Q is in the game is really helps the team's rebounding. When Barbosa is in he gives up defensive and offensive rebounds.

Amare was really agressive too. He attacked the basket when he got the ball in the post and crashed the boards to get second chance points.

Nash was hitting that jumper and making Dallas pay for overplaying the pick and roll and when they went to stop his jumper he would find Stoudemire.

If we could get Q going and somehow limit Stackhouse from making jumpers all night with a man right in his face we could win this series in Dallas.