What are the 3 most important things needed to be done this offseason?

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
1. Sign Boldin

2. Sign/Draft a Stud CB.

3. Sign/Draft a FAST HB.

Peace
:thumbup:

I would LOVE to get Bubba Franks, and Will Demps IF they are available.

Rocco

All Star
Reaction score
RugbyMuffin said:
1. Sign Boldin

2. Sign/Draft a Stud CB.

3. Sign/Draft a FAST HB.

Peace
:thumbup:

I would LOVE to get Bubba Franks, and Will Demps IF they are available.
I'll be the troublemaker to start this off - if we lose next week, I want to see us get Leinart or Rogers with our number one pick. Even if we have to trade up to get them. This mediocre QB play we've been enduring since Lomax got hurt has got to come to an end. No - it won't solve all our problems - but with a good qb, we'll always have a chance.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
A new OC.
Veteran QB, not a care taker.
Running back.
Defensive Tackle, veteran run stuffer.
Secondary, Carlos Rogers - draft him.
O line help.

I want it all.

Last edited:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't put signing a guy with two years left on his deal #1. The other two, yeah, we definitely need a CB and a RB. We also need a G and a DT.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Our first priority should be to get our QB of the future and either get rid of McCown or make him 3rd string for at least a while, if not forever.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Stout said:
Our first priority should be to get our QB of the future and either get rid of McCown or make him 3rd string for at least a while, if not forever.

Who? I'm kinda curious, who is available when we pick in the draft or FA that will equal the heights of what people want around here. People around here want a perfect QB that can lead us without a running game (or even a threat of one), a TE and a RB that have no idea how to pick up a blitz, and an OLine that didn't learn how to pass block until 6 weeks ago. Who is that guy? I want specifics not the "anyone is better than Josh" crap spewed by some on here.

I swear people on here don't watch any other games besides Cardinal games because you all have a vastly different view of the QB play of the league than me. The QB play around the league sucks and the majority of those out there will be FAs FOR A REASON.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
Who? I'm kinda curious, who is available when we pick in the draft or FA that will equal the heights of what people want around here. People around here want a perfect QB that can lead us without a running game (or even a threat of one), a TE and a RB that have no idea how to pick up a blitz, and an OLine that didn't learn how to pass block until 6 weeks ago. Who is that guy? I want specifics not the "anyone is better than Josh" crap spewed by some on here.

I swear people on here don't watch any other games besides Cardinal games because you all have a vastly different view of the QB play of the league than me. The QB play around the league sucks and the majority of those out there will be FAs FOR A REASON.

:notworthy couldnt have siad that first paragraph any better!

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
1. Learn how to or sign/draft guys that know how to stop the run.

2. Spend a lot of money on either a new QB or RB. One will help the other.

3. Improve the special teams, most notably the return game.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Back to topic...

Priorities in order

1) get a fast RB

2) get a run stuffing DT

3) get Olineman that can open up holes

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
2. Spend a lot of money on either a new QB or RB. One will help the other.

There isnt any QB out there that will help Emmitt! Stick a fork in him!

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Shane H said:
There isnt any QB out there that will help Emmitt! Stick a fork in him!
You don't think better QB play would have helped out Emmitt this year just as a better running game would have helped out Josh? Of course not because you drink the McCoolaid. Anyone who watches Cardinal games should realize that we have serious problems at both the RB and QB positions.

Last edited:

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
You don't think better QB play would have helped out Emmitt this year just as a beter running game would have helped put Josh? Of course not because you drink the McCoolaid. Anyone who watches Cardinal games should realize that we have serious problems at both the RB and QB positions.

No I dont think a better QB would speed Emitts legs up one bit. A better QB wouldnt get Emmitt to the whole any quicker or around the end any faster. That is a fact! It has nothing to do with QB play.

jrjbritt

Registered
Reaction score
I think a fast RB in FA, and a top run stuffing DT in FA

draft : top CB, DT, OL, TE, LB

drafting and signing those DT's, we can then move Dockett to the opposite side of Berry.. Zellner, Pace, KVB just aren't getting it done.. also Kenny King will be back pushing for a DT spot if not starting...

go cards.. I am happy with seeing the imporvement this year and looking for a better next year.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jrjbritt said:
I think a fast RB in FA, and a top run stuffing DT in FA

draft : top CB, DT, OL, TE, LB

drafting and signing those DT's, we can then move Dockett to the opposite side of Berry.. Zellner, Pace, KVB just aren't getting it done.. also Kenny King will be back pushing for a DT spot if not starting...

go cards.. I am happy with seeing the imporvement this year and looking for a better next year.

Dockett is not a DT. He is the quick pass rushing DT we need! You only need one very good solid runstuffing anchor tackle beside him. Moving him to DE would be a huge mistake!

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
You don't think better QB play would have helped out Emmitt this year just as a beter running game would have helped put Josh? Of course not because you drink the McCoolaid. Anyone who watches Cardinal games should realize that we have serious problems at both the RB and QB positions.

I'll agree with that to a certain extent. The problem with focusing on looking for a QB is that the great ones (and with the problems that this team had on offense, a great QB would be needed to overcome it) are few and far between.

Its much easier to look for a stud fast RB than it is to look for a great Qb in this FA crop and the draft this year.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Shane H said:
No I dont think a better QB would speed Emitts legs up one bit. A better QB wouldnt get Emmitt to the whole any quicker or around the end any faster. That is a fact! It has nothing to do with QB play.
You're right Shane, Emmitt being slow has little to do with QB play. However, Josh's inaccurate scatterarm and fumblitis have little to do with RB play.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
You're right Shane, Emmitt being slow has little to do with QB play. However, Josh's inaccurate scatterarm and fumblitis have little to do with RB play.

I know what you are trying to say. But the bottom line is that our RB is to old and over the hill. A younger more talented RB would have done wonders for Josh and the OL which wouldnt have to hold blocks as long. Emmitt wouldnt do wonders for any QB at this point in his career.

jrjbritt

Registered
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Dockett is not a DT. He is the quick pass rushing DT we need! You only need one very good solid runstuffing anchor tackle beside him. Moving him to DE would be a huge mistake!

but he is a DT????? I think Dockett will be better for this team at DE and put King as the pass rushing DT along side a 360lbs big ass run stopping anchor tackle.

go cards

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
1. RB-top notch, not a reach.

2. TE-someone who can block AND catch.

3. CB-can't go through another injured Starks/Reynaldo Hill combo.

4. QB-someone who has a clue would be nice.

5. Middle LB-McKinnon needs to go.

6. DT-maybe two.

7. New OC-Alex "Dave Atkins" Woods has to go.

I know it's more than 3 but I would be happy with any 3 of the 7.

pete

All Star
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
1. Learn how to or sign/draft guys that know how to stop the run.

Amen! The tackling yeserday was pathetic. You would think a guy like Adrian Wilson who just got a 7 figure check for Christmas would have been playing like a man possessed.

I'm already getting a bad feeling about his deal. :(

pete

All Star
Reaction score
Shane H said:
I know what you are trying to say. But the bottom line is that our RB is to old and over the hill. A younger more talented RB would have done wonders for Josh and the OL which wouldnt have to hold blocks as long. Emmitt wouldnt do wonders for any QB at this point in his career.

Emmitt is great inside the 10 yard line, but he did not do well between the 20's this year. The Cards do need an upgrade at RB.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
1) Qb - trade up for Rodgers or someone or break the bank on Brees
2) RB Lamont Jordan, James or Alexander in that order of preferance
3) Draft CB with #1 or 2 depending on if QB is drafted or FA

The rest I am happy with. Just make sure to get some servicable guys to replace Clement and Shelton.

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Menu- "I'll have a #1 with a side of 2a, 2b or 2c and I will let chef Green choose the chefs special #3.

1. RB FA Shaun Alexander inFA
(worth overpaying - kill 2 birds w/one stone we get a great back & don't have to face him twice a year)

2a. DT FA Shaun Rogers or Corey Simon

2b. CB FA Ken Lucas or Fred Smoot

2c. OL FA Kareem McKenzie or Walter Jones

3. Draft best players available in draft (asuuming #1 above happens and one or two of 2a, b or c, hopefully BPA includes on Defence CB, S, DT and on offence OG, TE, RB

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:

Drew Bledsoe, who will likely be available. He was written off for dead this year, and with an abysmal O-line and a good RB, he turned it around. We should have a much better RB situation next year, and our O-line should AT LEAST be as good as Buffalo's this year. And Bledsoe would fit Green's system quite well.