What are you reading now?

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score
I really liked Great Expectations, and I don't really care for reading Charles Dickens.

Great Expectations was okay (maybe I'd like it more now than I did in high school), but A Tale of Two Cities rules!

I am Sydney Carton.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just picked this up. I read his prior book Under and Alone which was absolutley fantastic. I am 100 pages into this one and it is VERY GOOD so far too.

Last edited:

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just picked this up. I read his prior book Under and Alone which was absolutley fantastic. I am 100 pages into this one and it is VERY GOOD so far too.

Started it yesterday. Finished it today. Very good book, Not as great a read as his 1st Under and Alone but well worth the read none the less.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have this, read it about 10 years ago.. gives insight to things people are unaware of..

You must be registered for see images

Some of the things in this I have experienced.. But not the evil that got him in prison cuz my boys told me "you will be someone that will teach people".. So I seen some of these things, but ya know..

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just started this. Had some good reviews. 4th non-fiction in a row. Im on a roll. :D

Last edited:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just finished Diary by Chuck Palahniuk. I really, really liked this book. Helped me get through painting the mother-in-law's house all evening.

I think I liked this book better than Choke, though it seems like Diary wasn't as well received as Choke. Oh well, I'd recommend Diary first.

Last edited:

PAQ77

Registered
Reaction score
About halfway through Left Behind: The Remnant. Wanting to get it finished before Left Behind: Armageddon, which comes out Tuesday.

Going to read Holes by Louis Sachar before the movie comes out on the 18th. Bought it for my wife and she read it in a day (and loved it).

I have Everything's Eventual and plan to read it soon, either in one setting or a story at a time. Am a huge King fan and have read almost everything he's written (especially his older works).

BIM... Did you ever finish the series? I've read them all... Haven't read Kingdom Come yet... I usually wait and buy them in paperback. If you haven't checked out Joel Rosenbergs books yet, check them out. He's written The Last Jihad, Last Days, Ezekiel Option and the Copper Scroll. Great stuff... Political type books with a biblical backdrop.

PAQ77

Registered
Reaction score
Got sucked in to the Harry Potter bandwagon. Flew through the first book and finishing up Chamber of Secrets. They're actually pretty good books (as if the billions of books sold wasn't a good indicator!)...

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got sucked in to the Harry Potter bandwagon. Flew through the first book and finishing up Chamber of Secrets. They're actually pretty good books (as if the billions of books sold wasn't a good indicator!)...

They get progressively better.

Book three was my favorite for a long, long time, until book 6 and now 7. 4 and 5 were no slouches either, I just thought the third book was amazing with everything that takes place in it.

PAQ77

Registered
Reaction score
They get progressively better.

Book three was my favorite for a long, long time, until book 6 and now 7. 4 and 5 were no slouches either, I just thought the third book was amazing with everything that takes place in it.

I've got 3 on hold for me right now at the library... Anxious to get into that one.

AZZenny

Reaction score
As said on the Potter thread -- JK Rowling created an incredible alternative reality, a whole functioning mythology, and sustained it with good writing and excellent character development over seven big books -- that's Tolkein-esque. And it's written in such a way that it captivates little kids and makes them want to read, and wins the affection of even some pretty cynical adults. And to top it off, it's such a wonderful morality tale, both simple and complex.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I just read Lone Survivor, true account by the only survivor of a Navy SEAL mission in Afghanistan. It was a very good story and a quick read. His going off on the "liberal media" so often was a little old but it's his story and his beliefs so I could deal with it.

It deals with everything from his upbringing, his training as a SEAL and the relationships he formed with the other SEAL team members and of course the disastrous mission he was a part of.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05