What are you reading now?

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The One Book Shop or All About Books and Comics?

The One Book Shop was located behind the Arches plaza. Straight North on Forest lierally across the parking lot from the Warehouse (burgers).

All About Books and Comics was there later and was actually in one of the storefronts inside the Arches plaza.
It was in the Arches, I think. The door didn't open to University, but I think it had windows to it. It's hard to remember, exactly. But I think it was All About Comics.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hexed by Kevin Hearne.

You must be registered for see images attach

http://www.amazon.com/Hexed-Druid-C...=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1310070383&sr=1-3
Amazon said:
Atticus O’Sullivan, last of the Druids, doesn’t care much for witches. Still, he’s about to make nice with the local coven by signing a mutually beneficial nonaggression treaty—when suddenly the witch population in modern-day Tempe, Arizona, quadruples overnight. And the new girls are not just bad, they’re badasses with a dark history on the German side of World War II.

With a fallen angel feasting on local high school students, a horde of Bacchants blowing in from Vegas with their special brand of deadly decadence, and a dangerously sexy Celtic goddess of fire vying for his attention, Atticus is having trouble scheduling the witch hunt. But aided by his magical sword, his neighbor’s rocket-propelled grenade launcher, and his vampire attorney, Atticus is ready to sweep the town and show the witchy women they picked the wrong Druid to hex.

This is good stuff, people.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey BIM: In my own line-of-site mashup, I'm thinking Noah Wylie would make a great Atticus O'Sullivan for a Druid Chronicles TV show. It's pretty much how I see him, although I know he's supposed to look younger.[/IMG]

I wouldn't be surprised to see the kid from I Am Number Four (also Beastly) end up playing Atticus. He's not a very strong actor but he's around the right age and the book cover art looks quite a bit like him already. Just dye his hair red and let him grow a goatee and he's all set.

Steve

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
"Moon Shot - The Inside Story of America's Race to the Moon" by Alan Shepard and Deke Slayton. (Two of the original Mercury astronauts.) Thoroughly enjoyable. The book gives you a feeling for how these guys actually were, not the wholesome pablum NASA fed the public.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I've decided to start reading the first Harry Potter book. Magic and stuff is not really my bag, but I figured I would give it a shot since apparently it's pretty well liked ;). I have not seen any of the movies, so I am going in pretty fresh.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
"Thunder Dog: The True Story of a Blind Man, His Guide Dog, and the Triumph of Trust at Ground Zero" by Michael Hingson and Susy Flory.

The title is self explanatory. Mike, an old college buddy of my brother's, was in the Twin Towers on 9/11. The book is not just about what he and Roselle (our heroine canine) went through to get to safety but about Mike's activism on behalf of rights for the blind. It's very, very good even though he didn't mention my brother, lol.

Last edited:

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I decided I wanted to branch out and read more and so I started reading the Harry Potter series. I read the first book and then watched the first movie. I'm now on the second book and will watch the second movie once I am done, etc.

Interesting, so far. Definitely not something I would typically read but they're definitely a fun read.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I decided I wanted to branch out and read more and so I started reading the Harry Potter series. I read the first book and then watched the first movie. I'm now on the second book and will watch the second movie once I am done, etc.

Interesting, so far. Definitely not something I would typically read but they're definitely a fun read.
Excellent!! The second book is the weakest in my opinions. They gradually get better and better. I think the last two are a bit too long, but Donald disagrees.

Enjoy!

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
I just finished "A Dance with Dragons" book five of the Song of Ice and Fire series and now I'm picking up "A Stolen Life," Jaycee Dugard's book. My wife says it's pretty rough especially since we have a daughter.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I just finished "A Dance with Dragons" book five of the Song of Ice and Fire series and now I'm picking up "A Stolen Life," Jaycee Dugard's book. My wife says it's pretty rough especially since we have a daughter.

I sure hope that one is better than book #4 "A Feast For Crows". It took me about 3 days to read book #3. 3 weeks now and I'm not even halfway through Crows and I've skimmed over a bunch of it.

Martin's books make me think of Larry McMurtry's Westerns. Cool Characters on a trip somewhere where they meet other interesting characters and everybody ends up getting killed.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sure hope that one is better than book #4 "A Feast For Crows". It took me about 3 days to read book #3. 3 weeks now and I'm not even halfway through Crows and I've skimmed over a bunch of it.

Martin's books make me think of Larry McMurtry's Westerns. Cool Characters on a trip somewhere where they meet other interesting characters and everybody ends up getting killed.

Well, one difference is in the Throne series these characters always seem to get killed by friends or family. I've said it before, I was fully engrossed in this series when it initially came out but I have no desire to re-read any of them. For me, that's incredibly unusual. If I read a book all the way through I usually re-read it many times.

Steve

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Well, one difference is in the Throne series these characters always seem to get killed by friends or family. I've said it before, I was fully engrossed in this series when it initially came out but I have no desire to re-read any of them. For me, that's incredibly unusual. If I read a book all the way through I usually re-read it many times.

Steve

I'm a Louis L'Amour nut. If I had a dollar for every time I've re-read one of his books I could buy the Cardinals.

Game of Thrones is the only book I've ever read where all the original main characters are dead by the middle of book #2.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Just started reading The Autobiography of Mark Twain vol. 1

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a Louis L'Amour nut. If I had a dollar for every time I've re-read one of his books I could buy the Cardinals.

Game of Thrones is the only book I've ever read where all the original main characters are dead by the middle of book #2.

It's been awhile for me but I was a huge westerns fan growing up. We used to hit the Swap Meet weekly and I bought every L'Amour book I could find (and there were many). I keep hoping to find an inexpensive collection of his books on Kindle but no luck so far.

Steve

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's been awhile for me but I was a huge westerns fan growing up. We used to hit the Swap Meet weekly and I bought every L'Amour book I could find (and there were many). I keep hoping to find an inexpensive collection of his books on Kindle but no luck so far.

My dad had a chance, years ago, to talk with him. He said L'Amour was a tremendously nice man.

I just finished "The Help" by Kathryn Sockett. Enjoyed it very much. Next up: finishing "Ernie Pyle's War" by James Tobin.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I am reading "A Dance of Dragons" the 5th of the "Game of Thrones" series. Reading them all back-to-back has been an endurance trial.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am reading "A Dance of Dragons" the 5th of the "Game of Thrones" series. Reading them all back-to-back has been an endurance trial.

If you start showing signs of deep-rooted paranoia, you'll know where it came from. Oh, and BTW, watch your back.

Steve

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05