What Bands Have You Been Listening To Lately?

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the last 1 and a half the new Tegan and Sara is the only thing for me. I started out liking thier last one more, but know I am completely hooked, this is now my fovorate.

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lately

A Kinks compilation (2 discs), The Neville Brothers, amd Cream.

OP
OP
KingLouieLouie

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thirty-two said:
Carole King
Simon and Garfunkel

Which albums by both of them?

My absolute favorite album by King is "Tapestry" and I honestly cannot narrow down a particular fave of Simon & Garfunkel because I love all of their songs (my favorite Simon and Garfunkel songs at the moment are "Sounds of Silence" and "I Am a Rock").....

bankybruce said:
For the last 1 and a half the new Tegan and Sara is the only thing for me. I started out liking thier last one more, but know I am completely hooked, this is now my fovorate.

Thanks for recommending them awhile back...I've since checked them out and they're excellent.....

jstadvl said:
A Kinks compilation (2 discs)

That is ironic that you posted the Kinks since I've been thinking of a posting a thread regarding them and might do so later on today...... Which compilation set? (they've had quite a few)

I've always loved their music...Doesn't matter if it's from "the Kinks" to "State of Confusion" that band just continued to defy "rock".... However, I must say that I prefer their "The Village Green Preservation Society"/"Arthur (Or the Decline and Fall of the British Empire)" era....

Ray Davies just was a "trailblazer" with his political satire/commentary in his lyrics on both albums (definitely inspired many British bands since) and both is and Dave Davies' guitars essentially set the stage for Punk.....

I could go on and on about the Kinks, but will later on in that other thread... Just an awesome band that has always been one step ahead... Certainly never "Predictable"....

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score

A friend burned me this off vinyl records: "Into the Pandemonium" and "Morbid Tales" by Celtic Frost. I hadn't heard those records in over a decade. Listened to it 3 times a day for 3 days.

I've also been listening to "The Sicilian" by the Fleshies.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KLL said:
Which albums by both of them?

My absolute favorite album by King is "Tapestry" and I honestly cannot narrow down a particular fave of Simon & Garfunkel because I love all of their songs (my favorite Simon and Garfunkel songs at the moment are "Sounds of Silence" and "I Am a Rock")

Right now I'm listening to Carole King's The Ode Collection - two volumes of songs. And I'm listening to Simon and Garfunkel's "The Concert in Central Park."

I really love live albums... I love bands who are great live.

OP
OP
KingLouieLouie

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thirty-two said:
Right now I'm listening to Carole King's The Ode Collection - two volumes of songs. And I'm listening to Simon and Garfunkel's "The Concert in Central Park."

I really love live albums... I love bands who are great live.

"The Concert In Central Park" is an excellent c.d....Just was interesting to see how they approached performing versions of some of Simon's solo material.....

I've never heard of King's "The Ode Collection", but probably will check it out some time...

No need for me to list any bands that I've been listening to as of late since I've posted soo many threads about all of them this past week! ;)

OP
OP
KingLouieLouie

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I havent been listening to too much music recently... Well... Blur, Joy Division, Bauhaus, the Minutemen, Common, the Jam and the Roots....

CQ

Recovered WoW-aholic
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KLL said:
I havent been listening to too much music recently... Well... Blur, Joy Division, Bauhaus, the Minutemen, Common, and the Roots

Sorry, can't help but chuckle! :)

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
backstreet boys, micahel buble and mariah carey

OP
OP
KingLouieLouie

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to escape just listening to Blur (which is a "Great Escape" indeed)...

Been listening to Bruce Springsteen, Steve Earle, Alan Parson's Project, the Kinks, Fugazi, and Dave Edmunds recently......

OP
OP
KingLouieLouie

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thirty-two said:
Counting Crows

Which album of theirs?

I still think "August and Everything After" was their masterpiece and what an album "This Desert Life" is.... "Hangingaround" just flat out rocked for them and then it's remarkable how they switched gears on "Mrs. Potter's Lullaby" An excellent album to listen to while on a long driving trip....

HeavyB3 said:
Seether, Audioslave

Seriously..thanks for mentioning Seether...I for some reason have completely forgotten all about how they were due out with a new album and I believe it was released over 2-mos ago.. If so.. how is it? How does it compare to their debut?

Also.. did you happen to catch Audioslave's performance at Live 8? It was awesome.... no other word can explain it....just sheer "awesome"....

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Now it's

Roger Clyne & The Peacemakers, the Animals, and C,S, & N.

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score
yeah

Gary is a real cool cat - neighbor of my guitarist friend (and longtime Cardinal Fan) "The Rick". Gary sat in w/ us one night and learned a couple of our straight ahead rock songs in nothing flat - great meter, taste and power.
I'd love to get him to track drums on some of the songs on Stoutpounder's final recording.

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
now it's

Al kooper's new one and some old blues by Mike Bloomfield.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
TrentAZCards said:
Dry Cell, we had a big run at labels. But we kept getting dropped. We had our song "Body Crumbles" on the Calling All Maniacs CD by Rob Zombie (Impur at that time) and then we also played on The Best Damn Sports Show Period.

We were also in the Queen of the Damned Soundtrack with that song. Things went sour after that, and I ended up coming back to Arizona. Looking for a new act, so.

Jim, its great to hear that you guys still dig my old band, and that we still get some pops when its played.

Lol, I think its time to change my sig though.

Body Crumbles is a awesome song.

:raccoon:

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05