What Bands Have You Been Listening To Lately?

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lynch Mob

is a good LP.
I have Lynch and Pilson and Furious George. Both are good also.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
blindseyed said:
Mnemic
Soilwork

Both of them played at the Marquee together about 6 months ago. Soilwork's playing in Scottsdale with Fear Factory next weekend.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
vince56 said:
Both of them played at the Marquee together about 6 months ago. Soilwork's playing in Scottsdale with Fear Factory next weekend.

Yea I was at that show, it was good.
I wanna go to the Fear Factory show

Phill11

The Payphone Man
Reaction score
vince56 said:

I saw the poster for that at the Marquee when I saw Soulfly Wednesday.

Might be going to see the FF concert. :thumbup:

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
blindseyed said:
Yea I was at that show, it was good.
I wanna go to the Fear Factory show

I take it FF is the headliner?

Unjust, I tell you, unjust. FF is good, but they're not even half the band Soilwork is.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
vince56 said:
I take it FF is the headliner?

Unjust, I tell you, unjust. FF is good, but they're not even half the band Soilwork is.

Totally agree. I like Fear Factory but musically and live show, Soilwork is much better
How was your show last nite? Sorry I couldn't make it out had a deadline for work

OP
OP
KingLouieLouie

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been listening to a quite a bit of music again....Some are predictable.. haha :D

Blur, Gomez, the Who, Graham Coxon, the Eagles, Alaska!, Talking Heads, and Genesis.....

OP
OP
KingLouieLouie

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I seriously havent been listening to music whatsoever over the past couple of weeks, however, what music has everyone else been listening to (if anything)?

Anything new to recommend?

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Queen
JCM
...and a little bit of ColdPlay (my wife just bought the CD, so it's in the stereo...I don't think I like it all that much.)

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Phill11 said:
Trivium
Lamb of God

Soulfly
Alice in Chains

YEAH!!!!!'

That's the good **** right there, my friend!

Trivium are seriously talented and LOG is absolutely brutal!!!!

I've been listening to Shadows Fall's latest CD a lot lately - The War Within. Their drummer (Jason Bittner?) is off the charts with those double bass patterns. How a human being can create those rolling patterns is beyond my comprehension of drumming....

PS - IMO, Soulfly sucks balls, but AIC is a cool, chill band to listen to occasionally....

Last edited:
OP
OP
KingLouieLouie

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pariah said:
Queen
...and a little bit of ColdPlay (my wife just bought the CD, so it's in the stereo...I don't think I like it all that much.)
I pretty much summarized my feelings regarding that c.d. on this thread....

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showthread.php?t=55373&highlight=coldplay

Probably my most scathing review yet.... To add...ColdPlay were trying to take themselves too seriously, while Chris Martin suddenly anointed himself as a genius...which was way far from the truth....

Rivercard said:
The new Kate Bush album (Ariel)
I've been meaning to check this out.... How does it compare to her previous efforts?

Oh.. I listened to couple of tracks of your other band (on the ASFN Musician thread), and I've been meaning listened to the remainder of them and perhaps offer a review... Let's just say....I'm extremely impressed w/everything I've sampled thus far......:thumbup::thumbup:

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Robert Cray, "Twenty"
BB King & Friends, "80"
Herbie Hancock, "Possibilities" HIGHLY RECOMMENDED :thumbup:

OP
OP
KingLouieLouie

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jstadvl said:
Jeff Beck
Chicago
Which era of Chicago? I really preferred their earlier material (pre-MTV days).. of course.. songs like "25 or 6 to 4"......

I grew-up on "Chicago V" and "Chicago X"..... It seemed my mom was playing both on a regular basis..and like clockwork....I would automatically begin to cry when "If You Leave Me Now" came on.... I was between the ages of 3-5 and.. it simply never failed... I would just start bawling..... especially when Cetera would hit those high-notes....

Speaking of Jeff Beck..... have you ever checked these perfomances out before? I came across them on http://www.youtube.com

http://youtube.com/results.php?search=jeff+beck&search_videos=Search+Videos

They even have some other vintage clips of the Yardbirds as well... definitely worth your time...... Especially "Stroll On" from the movie "Blow Up": http://youtube.com/w/Stroll-On?v=VsYzPYT_6Sc&search=jeff%20beck ...wont give any of the reasons why away......except..you know the obvious... Beck/Page together on guitar......

Last edited:

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
OP
OP
KingLouieLouie

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
O said:
Good find.
A Day In The Life, further re-enforces my belief that Jeff Beck is brilliant a brilliant guitar player.
It's not always what you play, sometimes it's what you don't.
Yeah.. as you and I have discussed before... he does it all so effortlessly...and of course is willing to take risks...doesnt care about commercial-gain which makes him even better.....

People always say... well.. he would have even been more popular if he had a dominant front-man (such as what Plant was/is to Page, Daltrey was/is to Townshend, Axl Rose was to Slash..etc), however, he of course paired-up with Rod Stewart in the Jeff Beck Group for just a brief period.... Of course.. Beck's guitar work is at the forefront...making that his vocals... he just covers a wide-range/depth of emotions... Just fluid...... He makes everything look so damn easy....

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
KLL said:
I've been meaning to check this out (Kate Bush Ariel).... How does it compare to her previous efforts?

I just recently picked it up and my first impressions are mixed. It's a two disk-er. Most of Disc 1 didn't really grab me. There is an oddball song on there about washing clothes with a chorus refain of "washing machine" over and over and another song that seems to be about Elvis Presley of all things. The last three songs on disc 1 however started getting really cool - especially the last track "Coral Room" which seems to be about the discovery of a sunken ship. Disc 2 is a concept record of sorts revolving around birds and paintings. Very artsy which I like. Overall, her vocals are a little more sudbued than some of my favorite Kate albums (like The Dreaming or Red Shoes) but in typical Kate fashion, Ariel is a very eclectic collection of works.

KLL said:
Oh.. I listened to couple of tracks of your other band (on the ASFN Musician thread), and I've been meaning listened to the remainder of them and perhaps offer a review... Let's just say....I'm extremely impressed w/everything I've sampled thus far......:thumbup::thumbup:

Hey thanks! I look forward to your review if you get around to it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05