What Bands Have You Been Listening To Lately?

OP
OP
KingLouieLouie

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been listening to a lot of (don't laugh) Depeche Mode, Nonpoint, Modest Mouse, and Mofro recently.....

Brandon_Webb

Registered
Reaction score
Tool obviously, I'm not really listening to radiohead anymore.

New List:
Beck
Jeff Buckley
Pixies
Primus

This changes about every 2 weeks though. My dad and I pick up about 5+ Cd's a week.

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
Earlier: Rippingtons, Dave Koz, Tower of Power

Now: Steve Taylor

:cool:

woo hoo - Steve Taylor - you da man BIM!!!

for me:

The Killers Hot Fuss
Green Day America Idiot
Maroon 5 Songs About Jane

shawn

OP
OP
KingLouieLouie

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finally broke down and decided d/l a peer-2-peer software again..... The songs I have managed to get so far are:

1)Jerry Cantrell's "Leave Me Alone" from the "Cable Guy" soundtrack (havent listened to it in awhile)

2)"Money City Maniacs" by Sloan (one band that I heavily recommend)

3)The entire "Little Games" c.d. by The Yardbirds (really been listening to them again a lot recently)

4)"Backwater" - Meat Puppets

5)Joe Strummer's "Love Kills" off the "Sid & Nancy" soundtrack

Also have been listening to a lot of Jeff Beck's solo material.... he's still amazing even after 40 years and some Rusted Root.....

Last edited:

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
gatsby's american dream
motion city soundtrack

i miss hanson!!!

OP
OP
KingLouieLouie

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for "bumping" this thread up thirty-two.....

Have you seen the live acousting Hanson performance from a month or two ago? I know I somehow managed to come across it on MTV.com or Launch.com....

I've been listening to a newer band from England called Bloc Party (will probably post a thread about them later on tonight), The Zutons (FischerKing, have you checked them out yet, if so...did you like?) Kasabian (wondering what Brandon_Webb thought of them?), David Bowie, and oddly enough...Wang Chung....

Was listening to a lot of music this past weekend on my trip to and from San Jose, CA, and "Dance Hall Days" suddenly came on....I just couldnt get it ouf of my mind for the following couple of days and listened to it nonstop.....

OP
OP
KingLouieLouie

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BendCardfan said:
Nada Surf

I still love the song and video to "Popular".... Will still forever be a classic, but I must admit that I havent checked them out much since then....

Which other album by them would you recommend that I check-out?

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
KLL said:
I still love the song and video to "Popular".... Will still forever be a classic, but I must admit that I havent checked them out much since then....

Which other album by them would you recommend that I check-out?

I like their last album "Let Go". Kind of slow at times. Recommend songs: Happy Kid-Inside of Love-Treading Water.

OP
OP
KingLouieLouie

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BendCardfan said:
I like their last album "Let Go". Kind of slow at times. Recommend songs: Happy Kid-Inside of Love-Treading Water.

I'm currently listening to "Let Go" and I'm surprised.... I havent listened to them much since when "Popular" was released and I must say they have more "depth" to their songs now..... Really remind me a lot of the earlier Cars......

Coincidence or not? There first song on The Cars 2nd album is called "Let's Go".....

I noticed earlier in this thread you had mentioned The Kaiser Chiefs... how did you first hear of them?

Edit: Just nothing like "Indie Rock".......Never will grow "tired" of that "movement"....

Last edited:

Brandon_Webb

Registered
Reaction score
KLL said:
I've been listening to a newer band from England called Bloc Party (will probably post a thread about them later on tonight), The Zutons (FischerKing, have you checked them out yet, if so...did you like?) Kasabian (wondering what Brandon_Webb thought of them?),
Ah, i completely forgot about them.

Lately:
Primus, Tool, Queen, and The Doors

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
KLL said:
I noticed earlier in this thread you had mentioned The Kaiser Chiefs... how did you first hear of them?

I heard "I predict a riot" on local radio. I couldn't find anything in stores, so I downloaded a couple songs. Found out their album has yet to come out. Sometime this month. Pretty good band from England.

The local alternative station plays a lot of Indie stuff, IMO anyways. I usually keep track of the stuff I like and make mix CDs.

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
Assface said:
The band I just can't get enough of right now is Rise Against. Here's their song "Give It All."

I think these guys were at WarpedT last year. I don't think I've really heard their stuff. I'll check it out.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Steve Vai - his new album is terrible. I regret paying $15 for it and wish I'd stolen it of Kazaa. Man...horns, ***** guitar, and a 45 year old guy making baby noises in harmony with the guitar is just freaking weird.

OP
OP
KingLouieLouie

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay... so I took a 2-week hiatus from posting on here, however, that doesnt necessarily mean that I havent stopped being obsessed w/music! :D

Anyways....I've been listening to Jethro Tull (IE Song for Jeffrey), The Gorillaz, The Rolling Stones, Jefferson Aeroplane, Beck, Pavement, Deep Purple, Flogging Molly, The Doors, Canned Heat, Soundgarden..etc.... Could go on and on as usual.....

Just appears I've reverted back to listening more of Classic Rock than anything else....

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Now

Frankie Miller, Travers & Appice, Frank Marino, Al DiMeola and Tommy Emmanuel.