What Bands Have You Been Listening To Lately?

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Jimmy Page and Robert Plant - No Quarter (live album they did as part of MTV Unplugged way back in the day)

I actually like the versions of No Quarter and Gallows Pole on that album better than the originals.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm still been kicking Bob Segar's greatest hits album, Electric Lady land and a Zeppelin mix CD I made

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The Animals(ARK)-their first comeback attempt with the original band. Really good stuff, blues lovers.
Also Shooter Jennings, a rocking country musician.

OP
OP
KingLouieLouie

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm listening to an interesting array of music tonight.... Talk Talk, Love's "Forever Changes" (Arthur Lee was a genius), probably will listen to Buffalo Springfield, Procol Harum, and Blood, Sweat, and Tears before going to bed... I'm in a psychadelic mood tonight so it seems (aside from Talk Talk)....

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
I'm learning Mississippi Half Step and Deep Elem Blues on the geetar, so it's been a steady dose of Grateful Dead for me.
I don't know crap about playing the guitar, but I know what I like. Translation: I'm not very good.

OP
OP
KingLouieLouie

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to Wikipedia, I am in the "With Christine McVie/Lindsey Buckingham/Stevie Nicks" era.

Yeah.. that was definitely the best era.. produced their best albums.. especially "Rumours", "Tusk", and "Mirage"....

I highly recommend also checking-out the first cpl albums they did with the original line-up that contained Peter Green...That music was very eclectic
sounding....Mainly the heavy Blues influence that John McVie and Mick Fleetwood picked-up during their stints w/John Mayall and accompanying that with Green's keen sense of psychadelia is overwhelming.. of course best exhibited on the original "Black Magic Woman" which obviously was made famous when Santana covered it.... Just unfortunate that the fate of Green was similar to Syd Barrett...Was one of the first rock-n-roll victims of LSD which caused to collapse mentally and lead a live of relative seclusion, but Green is still alive and has performed some, but only on a minimal level....

Again.. I'm just listening to the Kinks right now... can never get enough of them....

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Queensryche-operation mindcrime
Dylan-modern vtimes
Tom Petty-wildflower

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Found an old Reverand Horton Heat album when I cleaned out my junk drawer :thumbup:

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rush - Spirit of Radio (Greatest Hits)

:runsandhides:

I love Rush. Wish I could listen to everything they've done.

Great band but Geddy Lee's voice is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.
me, too. That being said, Nobody's Hero is an amazing song. Only song by them I can listen to. (Oldest brother (not HarleyRider) is a huge Rush fan, so I got to listen to them ALL the time when we worked in the same office. God, did it suck)

OP
OP
KingLouieLouie

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some of the following bands was inspired by attending Alice Cooper's Christmas Pudding on Saturday night over at the Dodge Theatre:

Been listening to a lot of Tesla, Crosby/Stills/Nash/Young, Alice Cooper, Damn Yankees, Talk Talk, Slade, Ten Years After, Neil Young (solo), Donovan, Yes, Roger Clyne & The Peacemakers...will probably finish the night listening to some Black Crowes.... Wow.. what an interesting array of performers...

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
J.J. Cale and E.C.
HO HO Hiey,
Chicago's Christmas LP AND cHRISMISTIME WITH THE DJ'S AND FRIENDS

former user 1

Registered
Reaction score
I like all kinds of music, but I've really been into some stuff I listened to growing up ... Tom Petty, Steve Miller Band, and Hank Williams Jr. Good stuff.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else think that Rage Against the Machine rocks an illegal amount of ass? I want to jump around and slam my head into a wall when ever it plays and I consider myself a sane person.

I also love Audioslave.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else think that Rage Against the Machine rocks an illegal amount of ass? I want to jump around and slam my head into a wall when ever it plays and I consider myself a sane person.

I also love Audioslave.

Im not real sure what this means.. Thought I did till I read the rest of your post.. Thought they had cut out ass cheeks like Prince, but now Im not sure at all what you mean.. And when my mind wanders, it's never a good thing...

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I also love Audioslave.

:stupid:

Although, I personally don't think Out of Exile or Revelations is as good as their debut album...