What Bands Have You Been Listening To Lately?

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coldplay. Lots and lots of Coldplay.

(thanks nm)

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those of you who like Coldplay, british rapper The Streets has a song with Coldplay singer Chris Martin called, "Dry Your Eyes." If you can find the version of that song that has CM on it, it's really good.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Breaking Benjamin - their newest album Phobia is good. "Evil Angel" and "Until the End" are very good songs IMO

Pepper - Mostly their old stuff from the albums "Kona Town" and "In with the Old". If you are fans of Sublime then I'm sure you'd like these guys (they have a similar sound)

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pepper - Mostly their old stuff from the albums "Kona Town" and "In with the Old". If you are fans of Sublime then I'm sure you'd like these guys (they have a similar sound)

They're on tour with the Mad Caddies right now. They're playing at the Marquee Theater March 21. Mad Caddies are an excellent band and sound great live.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Justin Timberlake - SexyBack

really now, the guy is just money

Okay, I just bought this CD two days ago. I agree, the man is money. The CD is rocking. That first track is absolutely incredible. Love it!

Right now, however, I am reliving my mid-20s and listening to Alanis. Good memories, good times. Jagged Little Pill is one of my all-time favorite albums. Yeah, she got a little soft after that, but I still dig her.

OP
OP
KingLouieLouie

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been listening to an odd array of music.... Some I admit may be laughable.....

Tears for Fears, 10,000 Maniacs, Edie Brickell & the New Bohemians, the Verve, Radiohead, and Faith No More....

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been listening to an odd array of music.... Some I admit may be laughable.....

Tears for Fears, 10,000 Maniacs, Edie Brickell & the New Bohemians, the Verve, Radiohead, and Faith No More....

I don't find any of those laughable....:shrug:

OP
OP
KingLouieLouie

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perhaps they're not laughable..... I've been in one of those deeply philosophical moods lately and that type of music Ive been listening to during this time pretty much reflects that.....

How does everyone feel on the following songs? They're done by former Verve lead-singer, Richard Ashcroft:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BahH6ClfMpQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krsa0AYwhdU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNnh8nszFU0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o768puoZaQo

He's another one of those musical geniuses....filled of such spirit....

Last edited:

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perhaps they're not laughable..... I've been in one of those deeply philosophical moods lately and that type of music Ive been listening to during this time pretty much reflects that.....

How does everyone feel on the following songs? They're done by former Verve lead-singer, Richard Ashcroft:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BahH6ClfMpQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krsa0AYwhdU

He's another one of those musical geniuses....filled of such spirit....

I liked all of them--the third & fourth link are to the same video--did you have a fourth song? I preferred Break the Night With Colour & Song for the Lovers over Check the Meaning, but they were all good.

SunCityCarl

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Soul Asylum - The Silver Lining
Cheap Trick - Sex, America, Cheap Trick
Beatles - Abbey Road
Badfinger - Wish You Were Here
Holland - Little Monsters

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right now, however, I am reliving my mid-20s and listening to Alanis. Good memories, good times. Jagged Little Pill is one of my all-time favorite albums. Yeah, she got a little soft after that, but I still dig her.

Jagged Little Pill is a freaking awesome album.

Not a big fan of other CD's but this CD kicks ass.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just picked up Akon.. this jams.. While I was there my boy from Ft Worth told me to scoop up Marques Houston.. Its going in next, we'll see...

OP
OP
KingLouieLouie

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked all of them--the third & fourth link are to the same video--did you have a fourth song? I preferred Break the Night With Colour & Song for the Lovers over Check the Meaning, but they were all good.

I since updated the 4th link w/the desired video.... I was half asleep at the time of posting it..... He's vastly talented.. wish the Verve would reunite, but that will never happen.....

Tonight, I was in the mid-90s type mood.... Listened to Soundgarden, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Alice in Chains, L7, They Might Be Giants, and Cracker.... Also, threw in some Talk Talk for good measure....

Yeah, true.... I still dont listen to many newer bands, but I still cannot come across anyone that generates "that buzz" for me....

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I since updated the 4th link w/the desired video.... I was half asleep at the time of posting it..... He's vastly talented.. wish the Verve would reunite, but that will never happen.....

Tonight, I was in the mid-90s type mood.... Listened to Soundgarden, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Alice in Chains, L7, They Might Be Giants, and Cracker.... Also, threw in some Talk Talk for good measure....

Yeah, true.... I still dont listen to many newer bands, but I still cannot come across anyone that generates "that buzz" for me....
Good stuff right there!

I know that I know TMBG, but I can't place 'em...too tired right now to download; I may in the morning & see if I can refresh my memory.

Thanks for updating the link!

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i just found out about a band called menomena. i'm gonna pick up the cd tomorrow if i can find it.

are they named after that skit....God, I can't remember if it was Sesame Street or Animal from The Muppet Show....a little help...maybe?

jenna2891

potential get-away driver: go!
Reaction score
on the run from johnny law... ain't no trip to cle
are they named after that skit....God, I can't remember if it was Sesame Street or Animal from The Muppet Show....a little help...maybe?

from wiki:

The name was chosen for "the way it rolls off the tongue, sexually, or something" [2] and has no specific meaning, although it is often assumed to refer to the Piero Umiliani song "Mah Nà Mah Nà", a staple of The Muppet Show.

also, BIM (or siberian man) might like this:

They self-released their first album, I Am the Fun Blame Monster!, in 2003... (I Am the Fun Blame Monster is an anagram for The First Menomena Album).

former user 1

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know if I should admit this, but I've been listening to New Kids on The Block again. I guess it just reminds me of when I was a kid. But I still like them! :D

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know if I should admit this, but I've been listening to New Kids on The Block again. I guess it just reminds me of when I was a kid. But I still like them! :D
This would be an excellent time to learn how to use the "delete post" feature!

;)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05