What Bands Have You Been Listening To Lately?

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Enter The Haggis
"Soapbox Heroes"

Just got this today and can't stop listening to it.
Solid, solid effort.

SunCityCarl

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Most recent from November 2006 I like it because it's more rocking than the other disc I have "Snow"!

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I like some of his mellow stuff also. I thought Echo was very underated and Wildflower also.

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Also lately I've had an ear on Fall Out Boy and The Vanilla Fudge reunion lp

OP
OP
KingLouieLouie

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This again is an odd mixture of bands..... the Beach Boys (mainly their lmid-60'/earlier 70's material), Alice in Chains, Days of the New, Sevendust, Soundgarden, Tears for Fears, Blur (per usual), and Lovin' Spoonful.....

True... I'm still in major need of therapy....

Last edited:

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Just discovered Jeff Buckley's "Forget Her" song, and been playing that a lot.

As far as albums, Gazpacho's Night, the new Blackfield and the first Mars Volta cd.

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This again is an odd mixture of bands..... the Beach Boys (mainly their lmid-60'/earlier 70's material), Alice in Chains, Days of the New, Sevendust, Soundgarden, Tears for Fears, Blur (per usual), and Lovin' Spoonful.....

True... I'm still in major need of therapy....

that fact that you would listen to blur is enough for me to agree with that statement - if you actually own one of their albums...tsk, tsk, tsk...

:D

shawn

OP
OP
KingLouieLouie

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that fact that you would listen to blur is enough for me to agree with that statement - if you actually own one of their albums...tsk, tsk, tsk...

:D

shawn

Why do people constantly bash my liking of Blur? :)

I know several will respond to that... oh well......

I can see people are critical of "Parklife" and "the Great Escape"... but listen to "Blur" (which contains more than just "Song 2"), "13" and then perhaps "Leisure" and "Modern Life Is Rubbish" and your opinion may change some....

At least we agree on nearly everything else.... Have you come across any more demos of the Beatles?

Linderbee said:

You have excellent taste in music.... what's your favorite cds by those bands?

It's always been a toss-up between "Dirt" and "Face Lift" for me... Days of the New's first album was awesome, but the egomaniac, Travis Meeks, had to ruin the band... Sevendust...."Sevendust" & "Home" (depending on my mood)....Soundgarden... "Superunknown"...... Tears for Fears "The Hurting"... I love "Songs From The Big Chair", but "Shout" and "Everybody Wants To Rule The World" got played out......

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least we agree on nearly everything else.... Have you come across any more demos of the Beatles?

i haven't, but i also haven't been actively digging around for any either. i've been so busy for so long that i haven't had time for much else other than work and school.

shawn

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have excellent taste in music.... what's your favorite cds by those bands?

It's always been a toss-up between "Dirt" and "Face Lift" for me... Days of the New's first album was awesome, but the egomaniac, Travis Meeks, had to ruin the band... Sevendust...."Sevendust" & "Home" (depending on my mood)....Soundgarden... "Superunknown"...... Tears for Fears "The Hurting"... I love "Songs From The Big Chair", but "Shout" and "Everybody Wants To Rule The World" got played out......
I very rarely ever get an album...I'm a slave to what's been released to radio. I just can't afford to buy cd's.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Journey...Mother, Father right now, as well as their 'greatest hits'

OP
OP
KingLouieLouie

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers. They just released their new CD: "No More Beautiful World."

It's okay. It's all starting to sound the same now that they seem to be spending more money and attention to production. A couple of really good songs on the album, but overall I'm a little disappointed in the effort.

I bet these songs sound better live.

OP
OP
KingLouieLouie

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers. They just released their new CD: "No More Beautiful World."

It's okay. It's all starting to sound the same now that they seem to be spending more money and attention to production. A couple of really good songs on the album, but overall I'm a little disappointed in the effort.

I bet these songs sound better live.

I finally saw them live during Alice Cooper's Christmas Pudding this past December here at the Dodge Theatre..... He performed some of the old standards along with some excellent covers.... They're definitely brilliant live...Roger Clyne has a solid stage presence to him... Nows how to get the crowd excited......

I must check-out his newer material and I bet he does capture the songs better live.....it just seems the studio doesnt do them any justice....

Ive been listening to the Kinks, Cornershop, Bob Marley.... probably will hit into some REM, Meat Puppets, and Husker Du later.....

Mrh182

Jai Guru Deva OM
Reaction score
I'm not sure if they've been mentioned since I'm obviously not going to read through this whole thread.. but a CD that hasn't left my car in months is...

"Becoming X" by The Sneaker Pimps

They're were/are a trip-hop band out of England that had some success in the mid-90's during the british invasion of bands like Oasis, Blur, etc.

They kicked out their singer after that CD because they felt they sounded to similar to Portishead... but it's an amazing CD.

4 1/2 stars from 97 reviews
http://www.amazon.com/Becoming-X-Sneaker-Pimps/dp/B000000WCT/ref=m_art_pr_1/102-5536328-9842501

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05