What Bands Have You Been Listening To Lately?

OP
OP
KingLouieLouie

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ive been listening to Living Colour, Elastica, Miles Davis, Traffic, Breeders, Maroon 5, and Joy Division.. well.... just to name a few.. but those are the main bands at the moment....

Reaction score
While I do housework I listen to:

Zapp Mama, M.I.A, Fleetwood Mac, Marroon 5, The Police, The Mars Volta, Mike Jones, Portishead, Tori Amos, Ani DeFranco, Old Outcast (the new stuff isn't their best work), 50 Cent, A Tribe Called Quest.

I love music of all kinds. Always up for new groups to check out. :D

OP
OP
KingLouieLouie

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ive been listening to a ton of Hendrix recently (mainly "Axis:Bold As Love"), Living Colour ("Stain" is a very underrated album of theirs), but the past couple of days Ive discovered myself listening to Grunge ("Purple" STP, "Down from the Upside" Soundgarden, and now "In Utero" Nirvana)....

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mid 80's Whitney Houston!

YEAH BABY!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
thirty-two said:
Mid 80's Whitney Houston!

YEAH BABY!

Saving all my Love!!! Pretty solid!

It's funny you mentioned Whitney as I've been diving into my 80's collections as of late... Dammm those were some awesome years!

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thirty-two said:
Dixie Chicks!

i dont like country, really.

Not all country sucks. (Gotta get a new Tim McGraw CD.) Can't get on board with the Dixie Chicks though. Prefer Martina McBride. Hate Shaina Twain.

I gotta update my ipod and my CD collection. I have been very bad about keeping my collection current.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Jersey Girl Cards Fan said:
Not all country sucks. (Gotta get a new Tim McGraw CD.) Can't get on board with the Dixie Chicks though. Prefer Martina McBride. Hate Shaina Twain.

I gotta update my ipod and my CD collection. I have been very bad about keeping my collection current.

Martina is awesome. Faith Hill is amazing. Carrie Underwood is terrific. Alison Kraus, Sugarland, Miranda Lambert... all are terrific!

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pitbull - Bojangles (love the beat)
Jessica Simpson - A Public Affair (I feel guilty for this, as I am solely in the TEAM LACHEY camp)

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The Elms and The Vines----for right now. Got a few other new ones to go through.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CD I just picked up - Achtung Baby by U2. Not a bad CD at all :thumbup:

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
BLACK STONE CHERRY buy this CD. It is as good as anything i've heard this year. An absolutely kick ass album.

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
jstadvl said:
BLACK STONE CHERRY buy this CD. It is as good as anything i've heard this year. An absolutely kick ass album.
Just heard their new tune on the radio today.
NICE! :thumbup:

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Shocker!!

The whole damn thing is great! Not one bad tune on there. I don't know which song the PR dudes picked for them, but these cats smoke. I will not miss their show if it comes to town!! This band is gold!

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thirty-two said:
Jessica Simpson - A Public Affair (I feel guilty for this, as I am solely in the TEAM LACHEY camp)

:biglaugh: You crack me up, Kate!

I just bought The Best of Marvin Gaye. It kicks. Everytime I hear "Sexual Healing" I think about how, when I was in fourth grade, our pastor gave a sermon on popular music and how it was going down the tubes. (Wonder what he would say about today's music, lol!) Of all the things I could think of when I hear that song and I think of that stupid pastor. :bang:

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
:biglaugh: You crack me up, Kate!

I just bought The Best of Marvin Gaye. It kicks. Everytime I hear "Sexual Healing" I think about how, when I was in fourth grade, our pastor gave a sermon on popular music and how it was going down the tubes. (Wonder what he would say about today's music, lol!) Of all the things I could think of when I hear that song and I think of that stupid pastor. :bang:

Sexual Healing reminds you of 4th grade??? Dammm I'm getting old... :(

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
82CardsGrad said:
Sexual Healing reminds you of 4th grade??? Dammm I'm getting old... :(

Yeah, it sucks. Guess that stupid sermon had a big impact on me. I plan to change the mental image I get when I hear that song just as soon as possible.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Yeah, it sucks. Guess that stupid sermon had a big impact on me. I plan to change the mental image I get when I hear that song just as soon as possible.

I was a freshman in college when that song came out! You can only imagine the memories I have associated with Marvin's Sexual Healing!
Dammm those were good times!! :thumbup: