What Happened to Timmy?

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
Did Tim Thomas miss the plane to LA? In fact, other than the ball he threw away at the end of Regulation in Game 5, I would have thought he missed that game as well.

Will Nash get enough rest? Will JR learn to shoot again?

Game 7 is going to be a battle.

Heavy D

Rookie
Reaction score
More questions

Will more than just 2 of our guys show up on Monday? Will the refs again treat Maggette as a cross between Kobe and Ginobili and call a foul everytime he puts his head down and heads for the hoop? Will Boris grow some balls? Will Steve Nash actually get a call when he drives to the hoop? Is this series over, as Bill Walton and his cohorts seem to indicate with their constant gushing over the Clips?

OP
OP
TucsonDevil

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
Walton actually commented in the 1st quarter, "I have seen this placed filled with smoke before, and it wasn't due to pirotechnics." Translation, "I have been stoned watching the Dead play here before."

Look - Nash needs to sleep for 24 hours. TT needs to realize we need him to knock down jumpers and get some boards and make it happen. Diaw needs to decide if English is his first language or French. Marion needs to be disrepected more this weekend. JR needs some confidence... but that is a hard thing to get when you suck like a tornado.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
TucsonDevil said:
Walton actually commented in the 1st quarter, "I have seen this placed filled with smoke before, and it wasn't due to pirotechnics." Translation, "I have been stoned watching the Dead play here before."

Look - Nash needs to sleep for 24 hours. TT needs to realize we need him to knock down jumpers and get some boards and make it happen. Diaw needs to decide if English is his first language or French. Marion needs to be disrepected more this weekend. JR needs some confidence... but that is a hard thing to get when you suck like a tornado.

Good Post

gdiddy

Registered
Reaction score
It's very simple: Suns need rest. They've been the most overworked team in this post season. They're style of play drains them even more. They need every bit of rest possible going into game 7, with clear thinking. This team is resilient.

Go Suns!

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Give the players tomorrow off and begin preparations on Saturday. I don't think missing one day of practice will hurt this team. They have been practicing since October. A day off will be more beneficial.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two series going seven games in a row is going to leave them flat if they go to the WCF.

The Suns have been part of some of the best games of the postseason though, both wins and losses. Exciting stuff for you guys.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Two series going seven games in a row is going to leave them flat if they go to the WCF.

Sad but true. The good news is that, if they advance, they'll open the WCF on the road, so even if they don't show up for Game 1, they haven't necessarily lost that much ground in the series.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The next person who chides me for wanting a legit backup PG in the draft can kiss my boo-tay. We need to cut down Nash's minutes in the regular season, and we need someone who can potentially give him some rest in longer playoff series. He's still the MVP, IMO, but he's got KJ syndrome.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Gaddabout said:
The next person who chides me for wanting a legit backup PG in the draft can kiss my boo-tay. We need to cut down Nash's minutes in the regular season, and we need someone who can potentially give him some rest in longer playoff series. He's still the MVP, IMO, but he's got KJ syndrome.

...assuming our draft position is the best place to find a backup point guard. I'd hate to pick a backup at the number 21 who is projected to be a mid-2nd rounder just because we need a backup PG.

scoutmasterdave

Board Certified Suns Fan
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
...assuming our draft position is the best place to find a backup point guard. I'd hate to pick a backup at the number 21 who is projected to be a mid-2nd rounder just because we need a backup PG.
I don't think the draft is the right place to find a backup point guard for next year. Bring in someone like Brevin Knight for a couple million. We don't have the time in our championship window to develop a point guard drafted in the twenties...

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Maybe would could trade Outlaw and Tsakalidis for him. Oh wait, we already did that once. Seriously though, I think Knight would be a great fit. He could even play alongside Nash at times.

saxmanager

Reaction score
Have we figured out what happened to Timmy?

Maybe he needs more help guarding EB?

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is Brevin Knight really available for a couple million? I thought he was still in Charlotte at the bottom end of an MLE?

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
saxmanager said:
Have we figured out what happened to Timmy?

Maybe he needs more help guarding EB?

Tired legs, lack of confidence. He needs to be not guarding EB every minute he's on the floor. Needs to switch more.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Gaddabout said:
Is Brevin Knight really available for a couple million? I thought he was still in Charlotte at the bottom end of an MLE?

Who knows? Nobody really understands salaries and salary caps and stuff like that. :)

nowagimp

Reaction score
Gaddabout said:
Tired legs, lack of confidence. He needs to be not guarding EB every minute he's on the floor. Needs to switch more.

Agreed, and the same could be said of Diaw guarding Kaman. I think Marion may be doing better cause he's not guarding the bigs so much the last few games. KT sure would have an impact right now, giving these guys a break.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
I heard the commenators kinda diss TT2 - something about asking D'Antoni what was wrong with TT2 and he responded 'you have to ask him' and used an 'acerbic' tone. Then one of the commetators said something like 'it's not the first time a coach has questioned TT2.'

Ouch.

sunsfn

Reaction score
nowagimp said:
Agreed, and the same could be said of Diaw guarding Kaman. I think Marion may be doing better cause he's not guarding the bigs so much the last few games. KT sure would have an impact right now, giving these guys a break.

I agree except, Marion was guarding Kaman at times in the 4th quarter!
Diaw was on Brand.

sunsfn

Reaction score
Gaddabout said:

You are right, he is not really available.

[FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Verdana]Charlotte Bobcats Salaries[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2009/10

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Brevin Knight[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$4,600,000 --2005/2006[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$4,400,000 --2006/2007[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$4,200,000 ---2007/2008[/FONT]

[/FONT][/FONT]

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05