What Happened to Timmy?

nowagimp

Reaction score
DeAnna said:
I heard the commenators kinda diss TT2 - something about asking D'Antoni what was wrong with TT2 and he responded 'you have to ask him' and used an 'acerbic' tone. Then one of the commetators said something like 'it's not the first time a coach has questioned TT2.'

Ouch.

Question is, who was the acerbic tone intended for TT, or the idiotic announcer. I'll bet D'Antoni is tired of answering questions: Whats wrong with Nash?, TT? Marion?, every time one of them has a bad game. Last time I checked, TT was scoring the same as Rasheed Wallace in 6 minutres less a game with a better FG percentage. Rasheed is an all star, and no-one is asking whats wrong with Rasheed(I guess theyre afraid to ask).

nowagimp

Reaction score
sunsfn said:
I agree except, Marion was guarding Kaman at times in the 4th quarter!
Diaw was on Brand.

Yeah I saw Marion guarding Kaman late in the game when TT was sitting, but he at least gets a break guarding mobley, cassel and others during the game. Poor Boris is either on Kaman or Brand all the time, and TT is almost always on Brand when he is in the game.

sunsfn

Reaction score
DeAnna said:
I heard the commenators kinda diss TT2 - something about asking D'Antoni what was wrong with TT2 and he responded 'you have to ask him' and used an 'acerbic' tone. Then one of the commetators said something like 'it's not the first time a coach has questioned TT2.'

Ouch.

I heard Walton say that.

The other announcers were saying earlier that the suns would not be there without Tim Thomas, not sure what Walton has against TT.

TT has been very important to this team and right now is probably as tired as the other players, especially banging with Brand for 6 games.

We all have concerns with TT, has he found a home and wants to play hard, or is he in a contract year. He says money is not the issue, so hopefully that is what he really means. If the suns can sign him reasonable for next year he certainly fits.

D'Antoni has answered many questions about his players this year with the answer to go and ask them. He said that when one of the announcers asked if Nash was tired. When D'Antoni gives that answer he is just being honest and does not ever doubt his players.

D'Antoni is turning into a great coach who is earning respect all around the NBA, and certainly in Phoenix.

nowagimp

Reaction score
sunsfn said:
I heard Walton say that.

The other announcers were saying earlier that the suns would not be there without Tim Thomas, not sure what Walton has against TT.

I think I know what Walton has against TT. Waltons boy luke clotheslined TT, and TT got up and stood over him like he was deciding whether to beat his a__. Second, Waltons boy is sitting at home right now because of TT's game tying three. Walton is a big turkey, I cant believe that he was the color announcer for his sons playoff series. Who decided that was OK?

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
sunsfn said:
D'Antoni has answered many questions about his players this year with the answer to go and ask them. He said that when one of the announcers asked if Nash was tired. When D'Antoni gives that answer he is just being honest and does not ever doubt his players.

yup

:raccoon:

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
nowagimp said:
Agreed, and the same could be said of Diaw guarding Kaman.
We have a backup at the Point at this time -- Boris Diaw, Point Forward.

Unfortunately, Boris Diaw, Point Center, isn't working.

Perhaps with Kurt Thomas getting ready to come back at Center, Diaw will be allowed to maximize his potential.

A Forward (and a small one at that) covering Center during the season is one thing. During the playoffs is a different story.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
I don't like Boris Diaw as a point guard. He's better staying at a forward position. I say don't bring back House or James Jones and then find a nice back-up point guard for Nash, one that can actually play a little D. I had a nice long list of the FA's but I don't know where it is anymore...

As for TT, he stopped being perfect. You can't expect him to be superman. He has earned himself some suckage time and hopefully he'll be back to playing well in Game 7 after the rest.

As for the 3 days, I say today should be the toughest practice ever. Try to get out of that poopy mindset of not winning when they don't have to, the next day will be totally off(that's when they'd earn it) and then the next day would be one of D'Antoni's very light practices.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
nowagimp said:
Question is, who was the acerbic tone intended for TT, or the idiotic announcer. I'll bet D'Antoni is tired of answering questions: Whats wrong with Nash?, TT? Marion?, every time one of them has a bad game. Last time I checked, TT was scoring the same as Rasheed Wallace in 6 minutres less a game with a better FG percentage. Rasheed is an all star, and no-one is asking whats wrong with Rasheed(I guess theyre afraid to ask).

uh, no one's asking about sheed 'cuz they all already know he's hurt.

sunsfn

Reaction score
Nasser22 said:
As for the 3 days, I say today should be the toughest practice ever. Try to get out of that poopy mindset of not winning when they don't have to, the next day will be totally off(that's when they'd earn it) and then the next day would be one of D'Antoni's very light practices.

Actually D'Antoni gave them today off, no practice. They need to sleep today and get back into it tomorrow.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05