What I would trade Patrick Peterson for...

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Assuming anyone that would pay very much for him sees themselves as a 2018 playoff contender. So figure the Cards could get a first and a third. I don’t see the round 3 pick bring a deal maker, they’re usually backup players at best. It’s rare when you get a DJ especially at the end of round 3. I’m giving you the benefit of hindsight. I’m figuring the real playoff contenders will be drafting 17 or lower. So take last year’s draft and tell me which of the draftees from 17-32, you’d trade PP to get.

For my money the keys to success are a good QB, stop pass rusher and a cover corner. They make the big money because they’re rare. Trade PP and you’ll be lucky to replace him in 3 years.

Sandy eggo chargers...
at 17 they selected
Derwin James

in the third their pick sucked but a few picks later oakland selected

Arden Key..

thats what you can get for a first and a third..... Jaire Alexander, mike hughes were also still on the board when that first was made.

the value in the third round pick solely relies upon the selection...lots of starters come from the third but most are on the lines and take time to develop. Guards for example have traditionally been selected in the third if they are good...quality WR can also come from the third.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Ragnow has been fantastic for the Lions. They wouldn’t trade him away.
I think positional value would cause consideration. I don't believe many teams would prefer a top OG to a top CB. The entire package of players and picks may be too expensive, but that is what it would take money wise.

I'm not going to lie, the idea of this trade was growing on me. Humphries, Ragnow, Cole, and Pugh moving forward looked pretty good. Extend Marvin Jones two years at 8 mil per year to go with Christian Kirk, Seals-Jones, and David Johnson. Two first round picks to add a top DL player and a combination of RT, LB, or CB with the other 1st rounder and the 2nd rounder.

Looked like a good way to build around Rosen moving forward.