What is taking so long??

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I'm not willing to accept this. I remember the false signing where Dansby was given the long term deal and his agent agreed to it. Rather than sign it, he fired his agent.

I think we see the facts the same, but the way we perceive them is just different. I honestly don't see what the Cardinals should have done differently in any of the three cases. Rolle wasn't worth the money he could get elsewhere, Dansby was offered a very fair long term deal, and we weren't going to keep Levi at his contract price and Levi had no reason to negotiate without being cut first (Neither did Rolle).

Further, the loss of Rolle hasn't seriously hurt our defense. (Dansby's loss hurt, but I'd also argue the Cardinals did what they could do to keep him and he refused).

You fail to mention that Dansby wanted a long-term deal before the FIRST franchise tag, and we flat-out told him NO. It was reported that the team wanted him to 'prove' himself under the franchise tag first. We made no attempt to extend him at that time. How would you like it if you felt you were a good employee, and you deserved a long-term contract, but your bosses told you you still had to 'prove' yourself? Might you be a little bitter about that? Might it cause some hard feelings? Maybe not in all cases, but that sure in the heck seems like what happened to Dansby.

TigToad

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Sorry, as a teacher I do not have the option of a long-term contract. I find out every April if I'm getting my job back at a dictated rate of pay. I can't relate.

He proved himself, he got offered a deal and was bent it didn't come a year earlier when he would have made significantly less money? I understand the feeling of disrespect, but it made him a ton of cash.

You fail to mention that Dansby wanted a long-term deal before the FIRST franchise tag, and we flat-out told him NO. It was reported that the team wanted him to 'prove' himself under the franchise tag first. We made no attempt to extend him at that time. How would you like it if you felt you were a good employee, and you deserved a long-term contract, but your bosses told you you still had to 'prove' yourself? Might you be a little bitter about that? Might it cause some hard feelings? Maybe not in all cases, but that sure in the heck seems like what happened to Dansby.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Sorry, as a teacher I do not have the option of a long-term contract. I find out every April if I'm getting my job back at a dictated rate of pay. I can't relate.

He proved himself, he got offered a deal and was bent it didn't come a year earlier when he would have made significantly less money? I understand the feeling of disrespect, but it made him a ton of cash.

We didn't put our faith in him when he'd earned it, and he didn't want to re-sign with us, possibly because of it. I can't say I'd blame him in that case.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why isn's C. Campbell resigned by nowin order to lower his cap hit and GET Kameron Wimbley in and signed. Both of these moves would upgrade out front 7.... Get it done Rod Graves.... I like what were doing with the O-Line.. Now we just need to find a quaility O-line Coach.. Russ Grimm hasn't done anything impressive since he has been here... Hit the road and bring in an upgrade.

Let Go Cardinals.

Probably because Wimbley never played for the Steelers so he isn't a priority.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Probably because Wimbley never played for the Steelers so he isn't a priority.

No. It's because he's averaged 7 sacks a season over his career and following the debacle in Tennessee, where they failed to get either Manning or Mario Williams, they overpaid for Wimbley.