What movies had evil winning at the end?

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
I thought Evil won because the evil of Edward Norton's character was the driving factor the ending the movie. I did not mean one evil character the evil itself won with revenge.

I tend to look at it from a different angle - the evil & hate were always present and taught into Nortons character - by embracing this evil he made a bad situation for himself and those around him

the evil and hate in the gangbangers / bullies at the school also set in a strong course of action in which their lives are going to have no strong ending as well

i really don't see any winners in the movie - evil facilitated the circumstances but what did it win?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Empire Strikes Back and Fallen come to mind.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Honest Question....are you a chick?

..because those are all chick movies

Nope. Got balls and everything.

I also have a wife who's waaaaay to much in touch with her pre-teenager and because my wife keeps said balls in a drawer, I have to watch what she tells me.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hard Candy..if that little girl isn't evil I'm not sure who is.

yeah, but both people in that movie were "evil" IMO. When I tend to think of these movies as a category, I look at evil overcoming good and there's no way in hell a murderous pedophile can be looked at as "good" in Hard Candy.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
yeah, but both people in that movie were "evil" IMO. When I tend to think of these movies as a category, I look at evil overcoming good and there's no way in hell a murderous pedophile can be looked at as "good" in Hard Candy.

I didn't know he was a murderer(I always thought it was her delusion and not truth) but its probably the only movie I ever had sympathy for a pedophile. She came across as more evil than he did--not to mention a sociopath.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't know he was a murderer(I always thought it was her delusion and not truth) but its probably the only movie I ever had sympathy for a pedophile. She came across as more evil than he did--not to mention a sociopath.

he and another guy (who she also did this to) kidnapped and murdered a little girl, and he videotaped it. She promised not to expose him to the love of his life if he killed himself, so he killed himself. Why would he kill himself because of her delusion?

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
How about, the lesser of two evils?

From Dusk to Dawn!

Who won the vampires or the murderers?
Both are evil!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about, the lesser of two evils?

From Dusk to Dawn!

Who won the vampires or the murderers?
Both are evil!

I'm actually pretty positive that the only people who lived were those without sin in the course of the movie. Everyone else, in classic horror movie conventions did something that warranted they be killed (Quentin's character... for obvious reasons, the Preacher for having disavowed God and the Preacher's son for disobeying his father and not killing him when he turned Vampire). Otherwise, the gil and Clooney (I THINK) didn't do anything wrong (i.e. killing people).

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm actually pretty positive that the only people who lived were those without sin in the course of the movie. Everyone else, in classic horror movie conventions did something that warranted they be killed (Quentin's character... for obvious reasons, the Preacher for having disavowed God and the Preacher's son for disobeying his father and not killing him when he turned Vampire). Otherwise, the gil and Clooney (I THINK) didn't do anything wrong (i.e. killing people).

Clooney's character was no way an innocent, bank robbery, kidnapping, the death of a sherrif!

Come on.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
he and another guy (who she also did this to) kidnapped and murdered a little girl, and he videotaped it. She promised not to expose him to the love of his life if he killed himself, so he killed himself. Why would he kill himself because of her delusion?

I thought he killed himself because he didn't want his girlfriend to find out about him being a pedophile...either way she was still evil in her own way.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Dawn of the Dead (remake)?

... but are zombies evil?

Sure, dead, gross, slimy, and cannibalistic (like soccer moms in Wal-mart on Black Fri).

But we're back to the question of defining evil.

What about Pitch Black, didn't Vin Diesel play an honest-to-god unapologetic murderer who, in the end showed some redemptive qualities?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05