What TV Shows that are/were popular that you have never watched?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never got the appeal of Greys Anatomy. ER did it so much better.
You have every right to get it wrong.:) They are very different shows, for me GA was far superior but I do know a lot of people that prefer ER so to each their own.

GA jumped the shark several times but always managed to right the ship AFAIC at least until Meridith tried to defraud the insurers, that was a bridge too far. And I'd still put it in my watchlist for shows that re-watch very well.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My favorite all time shows (minus the sitcom and variety types): West Wing, Grey's Anatomy, Sopranos, The Shield, A Discovery of Witches, Stargate SG-1, Doctor Who, Mentalist, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Wiseguy, Dollhouse, Alias, 24, CSI Miami, X-Files, Suits, Justified, NCIS, Castle, Strike Back, Person of Interest, White Collar and The Americans.

I have some other shows that I loved that didn't run long enough or where they made huge changes midstream that didn't work for us such as with Lie To Me, Human Target, Space Above and Beyond, Roswell (1999) and Firefly.

Devilmaycare

King of Technicalities
Reaction score
My favorite all time shows (minus the sitcom and variety types): West Wing, Grey's Anatomy, Sopranos, The Shield, A Discovery of Witches, Stargate SG-1, Doctor Who, Mentalist, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Wiseguy, Dollhouse, Alias, 24, CSI Miami, X-Files, Suits, Justified, NCIS, Castle, Strike Back, Person of Interest, White Collar and The Americans.

I have some other shows that I loved that didn't run long enough or where they made huge changes midstream that didn't work for us such as with Lie To Me, Human Target, Space Above and Beyond, Roswell (1999) and Firefly.

Good list of shows. We have similar tastes. Sanity check since you didn't list it but listed Buffy, you watched Angel, right? By the end I think it was a slightly better show but not as much of a game changer.

From your list I have a few other recommendations for you. I forget if you mentioned Battlestar Galactica (2003) elsewhere, but it would be on the list. Other slightly older shows, Mr. Robot, Orphan Black, Pushing Daisies, Rome, and The Last Kingdom. And for new shows that are still on, Foundation, For All Mankind, Silo (S2 starts in a month!), and Shogun.

If you like animated there's a few anime that I'd highly recommend too. But I'll leave that for now since it's a lot more hit and miss on people liking it than live action.

Devilmaycare

King of Technicalities
Reaction score
Never watched ER
Never watched Dynasty, Falcon Crest or Dallas, either
Same, I'm not big on any of the medical or law/police procedurals. They just don't hold my attention the way the sci-fi and fantasy does. I get an intellectual and creative spark from them that I don't from the medial and law shows.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Same, I'm not big on any of the medical or law/police procedurals. They just don't hold my attention the way the sci-fi and fantasy does. I get an intellectual and creative spark from them that I don't from the medial and law shows.
I normally don't like procedural, period. Only ones I could stand were ER, bones and Castle. And even ER straddled that line.

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really liked Bones.

Criminal Minds is a favorite

Early NCIS was very good